Xlr8's "Flo N Gro" Hydro Multiple Strains 2011

Sweeeeeet!!!!! :thumb:

Heya Quix!

Yeah, that's one of the things we have in common for sure, a love for Jilly -- I can't wait to grow it. :circle-of-love:

I'm not sure on the timing yet. I'll definitely let you know, though. There's a really good chance she's part of the next round. I may take off a few weeks around the holidays as we'll be having a lot of company around that time -- so I'm thinking right after the first of the year, perhaps... It's something I need to figure out. When are you thinking you might do yours?

Yep, loves me some Jills!:high-five:
My current grow has dragged out a little longer than I planned, but should be harvesting right around the second week of January, at the latest. I was originally going to run Strawberry Diesel, and possibly an auto this next run, but 'Ol Billy Jean has been calling my name lately; Especially now that you're talking about her again...I have 2 reg seeds, and would be happy to have a male, but I sure do miss the sinsemilia of this strain so I'll be happy either way....So early to mid Jan I think I'll crack one....:thumb:

Hey X, you could always add an Ona bucket outside the tent ya?

Hi Bassman -

Good idea. I've noticed pretty good improvement from just putting tape over the seams on the vented reflectors. I do use Ona as a secondary line of defense as well. I think I have it figured out... hopefully! :)

Oh lucy, Lucy can i get some lucy.... :cheer:

Never seen magic bud before looks so nice there is frosting all the way up the large fans!

Yummy!

Sorry i am no help with the odor iv never used vented hoods.

Lucy is really frosty, but it has this weird curly leaf thing in the buds that I've not had quite like this before. The leaves are a beautiful dark jade green.

I've grown Magic Bud a few times (Paradise is the breeder), and it's a favorite of mine. It was only in this grow as a back-up to start, but I'm glad it's there as I've been out of it for a while and I'm starting to miss it. It's got a nice mix of giggly/cerebral as well as excellent pain relief. It also makes me feel like I have a hat on my head, or like I just took one off. Sometimes it also makes me feel the socks on my feet, if that makes sense! :)

Yep, loves me some Jills!:high-five:
My current grow has dragged out a little longer than I planned, but should be harvesting right around the second week of January, at the latest. I was originally going to run Strawberry Diesel, and possibly an auto this next run, but 'Ol Billy Jean has been calling my name lately; Especially now that you're talking about her again...I have 2 reg seeds, and would be happy to have a male, but I sure do miss the sinsemilia of this strain so I'll be happy either way....So early to mid Jan I think I'll crack one....:thumb:

Hi Quix!

Well, that might be about right for me too - depending on how things go. Let's keep in touch on it! :high-five:

Here's what I'm currently using for nutrients on the Flo N Gro portion of the grow, in case anyone is curious...:

Blue Planet Nutrients 3-part Elite series (ml/per gallon):

• Grow (9)
  • Micro (5.25)
  • Bloom (15)

Additives/Supplements (ml/per gallon):

• Root Zone conditioner (Blue Planet) (2)
  • Cal/Mag (2.5)
  • Dutch Master Silica (2)
  • Blue Planet Liquid Blue Bloom enhancer (2)

Combined together with RO water, I end up at about 1350ppm using a Oakton meter with a .7 conversion factor.

Here's a summary of equipment, current environmental conditions, PH and PPM's I'm working with at the moment - 2 days shy of 7 weeks completed:

• 75-77f daytime, 65-68f nighttime
  • RH 35-40%
  • PH - keeping it between 5.5 and 5.8
  • PPM's 1350 at last reservoir change (see above)

Flood schedule:
Flooding about once every 3 hours during lights on, and once during lights off.

Recap of strains in Flo N Gro system:
(1) each of Barney's Farm Lucy (aka L*D, Mazar/Skunk), Dutch Passion Skywalker, Paradise Seeds Magic Bud, and Soma Lavender(aka Soma #10)

Recap of lighting in use:
(2) 400w HPS powered by digital ballasts running in air-cooled Hydrofarm hoods on a dedicated 400cfm fan for cooling.

Tent:
Approx. 3'x5' -- GrowLab GL80L

Oh, and a BIG thank you to everyone for following my grow so far and being so supportive and helpful along the way... :thanks:

Took some photos today of some random bud shots - just happened to be there when lights went off and took a couple of quick picks after the HPS shut down, helps with the color immensely!:

Hats off to Blue Planet Nutrients for a great product. Between the 3 part nutrients and the Liquid Blue Bloom enhancer, these babies are flat out frosty. :)

Skywalker:
skywalker_nov_9.jpg

Magic Bud:
magic_bud_nov_9.jpg

Lucy:
Lucy_nov_9.jpg

Lavender:
Lavender_nov_9.jpg

Have a great day everyone! :bong:

Very nice, Brother! :bravo:

Those plants look awesome! I've been trying to use up my AN nutes before I opened up and started the BPN, but the results I've been seeing from BPN are so outstanding, I may have to store what's left of the AN until the next waterfarm grow and start using the BPN in the hempy SOG.
:welldone:

:adore::goodjob::welldone::bravo:

There is a difference between frosty buds, and frosty "looking" buds with the right lighting etc., but we can really see those trichs are plump and abundant, bro! I bet you ruin a pair of scisors on them beauties come chop time!! I'm really glad this run has proved to be successful for you bro, I know it was probably a bit daunting going from the Mothership to a grow of this caliber. You've really earned yer stripes with this one!....I'll be in touch about the Jilly beans....

Very nice, Brother! :bravo:

Those plants look awesome! I've been trying to use up my AN nutes before I opened up and started the BPN, but the results I've been seeing from BPN are so outstanding, I may have to store what's left of the AN until the next waterfarm grow and start using the BPN in the hempy SOG.
:welldone:

Appreciate that Mr. K! - I'm pleased as punch with the BPN nutes, and you really can't beat the customer service. Corey is a nice guy with a good product and a connection to the community, so I hope he continues to get a lot of support. :)

:adore::goodjob::welldone::bravo:

There is a difference between frosty buds, and frosty "looking" buds with the right lighting etc., but we can really see those trichs are plump and abundant, bro! I bet you ruin a pair of scisors on them beauties come chop time!! I'm really glad this run has proved to be successful for you bro, I know it was probably a bit daunting going from the Mothership to a grow of this caliber. You've really earned yer stripes with this one!....I'll be in touch about the Jilly beans....

Quix you're such a good guy. I am proud of this grow. I would have liked to have spent more time with canopy management, but I think it will turn out decently despite some health stuff making things a challenge. It was a little daunting - this was the first grow in the new tent other than the single plant test I did over the summer to dial in some things. Also was the first time I used Blue Planet nutes, I tried new topping techniques, and defoliated heavier for the first time. So far so good! :wood:

mmmm.... Jillllly beans....

Lookin really nice X!

I'll be runnin out of my AN nutes in 1-2 res changes so I just ordered BPN myself. Much thanks to you and others here reporting good results on these products.

Very frosty indeed. Getting close to harvest time. How long will you let them flower? The colors of the bud really show through with the HPS off. :welldone:

Hi Twelve -

Thanks brotha! I'm thinking 2-3 weeks longer or so for the bulk of them in the Flo N Gro at this point. I'll be watching for visual cues and monitoring the trichomes. I'll also test a few buds as we get closer. I like 'em a little less couch-lock than some peeps, so I usually try to harvest with about 25% amber trichs (roughly).

The Chocolope is separate on it's own, and will definitely be in the tent longer than the rest if I don't end up killing it first from neglect, lol. It's a ways behind the others and a longer flowering strain to boot. I really shouldn't have lumped it in, but maybe I'll get a few good nugs out of it when all is said and done.

Back
Top Bottom