GROWant Journal - SIPs & Living Organic Soil - Sub Irrigated Planter

GROWant

Alright Everyone,
The moment everyone's been waiting for! Ok maybe not everyone. It's definitely the moment I've been waiting for ;)
We at GROWant are starting our own Grow Journal!
While we still need to wait on a few things to truly begin.I thought I'd give you a brief rundown of myself and the layout of our upcoming grow.
We shall start with me. You guys can all call me Gee. Sounds a little more personal than just GROWant. I like to keep my real name anonymous My personal social media accounts are not a reflection of GROWant. Because of this I like to take The Offsprings approach and "keep em separated".
Excuse my humor (or lack of) that comes with every journal;)
I'm 38 years old, I am a patient and grower in Los Angeles, California, under prop 215 and prop 64 guidelines. I have been growing successfully (my first 3 harvest were pathetic lol) for about 12 years.
I have slowly transitioned my growing style from synthetics into Living Organic Soil (LOS)
Which brings us to our upcoming grow.
We will be using a LOS seed to harvest blend and will be growing some Autoflowers. Our friends and fellow 420 Magazine Sponsor HERBIES SEEDS has blessed us with some amazing genetics from Heavyweight Seeds.
420-magazine-mobile921302098.jpg

Here's the rest of the details:

Genetics: HeavyWeight Seeds Autoflowers(Herbies Seeds)
*We will announce each strain individually as the journal progresses 4 in total*
Grow Tent: 2' x 4' x 6'7"
Medium: Modern Mix v2.0
*see nutrients for soil description*
Pot size: x4 5gal SIP containers (Sub Irrigated Planter) 23"x9.5"x7.2" LxWxH
Light(s): GROWant G5PRO HiPAR G400
Exhaust: 6"CanFan Max w/ Carbon Filter
Light cycle: 18/6
Nutrients: *Base Soil*
Sphagnum moss
Pumice
lava rock
Modern Beginning charged Biochar
Rice Hulls
Humus composed of 1/3 Compost(Oly Mountain) and 2/3 EWC
*Nutrients*
Neem meal
Kelp meal
Crustacean meal
insect frass
Gro-Kashi
Karanja Meal
fish bone meal
Modern Microbes

*Rock/Mineral Mix*
Oyster Shell Flour
Gypsum
Glacial Rock Dust
Basalt
Calcium Bentonite

420-magazine-mobile1406727589.jpg

Still waiting for one more sip container there will be a total of 4.

re: GROWant Journal - SIPs & Living Organic Soil - Sub Irrigated Planter

I'm subbed and ready to learn your organic ways!

Will you top dress for pests and water from bottom only? What's the purpose of sip containers?

I will top water at the beginning until the plant has established itself. After that watering will take place through the Sub Irrigated planter. Water goes down the fill tube into a reservoir underneath the soil. The company is Earth Box. Check em out. They can easily be made with 5 gal buckets as well.
Purpose- ease of use. No worrying about under or overwatering. Some pretty impressive growth rates. It's like a soil/hydro hybrid.
Also they have mulch covers that pull over the surface to help prevent pest.
I'll go into detail with some more pics when I fill them all up.
Thanx for stopping by

I'm subbed and ready to learn your organic ways!

Hopefully I have something to teach ;)
Glad you stopped by

Re: GROWant Journal: SIP's & Living Organic Soil (Sub Irrigated Planter)

Woohoo. Here we go. Can't wait to see you knock this outta the park gee.

Let's see how these Autos like Living Organics .

:woohoo: Damn Gee, top-quality LOS and SIPs under the G400. Ooooweee... :slide: I'm excited for you. Love the amendments list. ShiggityFlip'd be excited about the SIPs. His garden is booming in them and he's been encouraging the HB boys to switch. You'll go a long way to making that point stronger.

How many years have you been growing in LOS? Ever try no-till? Some of my best grows were with LOS. It's where I initially made my mark here. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for soil bots and worms. :battingeyelashes:

Ok now, let's have some fun. Incidentally, your humor comes through. Let it loose around here. We excell at laughter. It's quite the healing force and helps to balance the endocannabinoid tone so your body can heal spontaneously, the way it's meant to. :cheesygrinsmiley:

How many years have you been growing in LOS? Ever try no-till? Some of my best grows were with LOS. It's where I initially made my mark here. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for soil bots and worms. :battingeyelashes:

For the sips, they are first generation soil. Been awhile since I ran autos so I wanted to start fresh. My Photo strains I use 10gallon pots, that soil is going on 4 cycles. Only amended through teas and top dressing. It's pretty much all worm poop now. My style is like a No till/ LOS hybrid. Pulling things I like from both growing techs. KNF(Korean natural farming) has really caught my interest of late. You're sure to see that incorporated in there too.
My goal for next year will be one harvest every calendar month. With autos and photos. We'll see how it goes. Thanx for stopping by .

Hey Gee,

I'm subbed because I have a lot to learn, and I'm liking los grows. I'll just sit over in the dark corner and absorb. Thanks

Subbed up, looks like you have a nice setup with some good genetics. Best of luck to you..✌️

Glad you came by. This will be my first time running anything from HeavyWeight Seeds.
They sound like some amazing strains so I definitely have high hopes.

Back
Top Bottom