Bassman Strips The Kosher Kush! Hi-Defoliation - DWC-RDWC - 1K Watts Of Madness!

Re: Bassman Strips the Kosher Kush! Hi-Defoliation, DWC-RDWC, 1k watts of Madness!

Mini Update:

Day 13 of flower, day 18 of 12/12.

Well, as you can see by the pics the stretch is going bonkers on me. I'm bending nearly every day. As you can see by the measuring tape the tall branches on the outside are at lite height. The other pic is about where I am going to try to set the canopy tomorrow.

I'm going to strip tomorrow rather than wait till day 21. This should shut down stretch and give me a clearer view on bending and manipulating for optimal light penetration. If I can get the canopy to settle around 34-36" it should be pretty good.

Flowers are forming quite nicely and they are all over the place.

On to pics;

P8100002.JPG
P8100001.JPG
P8100004.JPG
P8100003.JPG
P8100006.JPG
P8100005.JPG

Re: Bassman Strips the Kosher Kush! Hi-Defoliation, DWC-RDWC, 1k watts of Madness!

looks good. so your light is at it's maximum? Them's midget plants in my house. I wouldn't take to much off yet, i do take some off but not the 21 day strip, keep bending day 21 is just around the corner
Hey bro did ya see what I pulled off two plants? I should end up with a nice 1 lb when said and done

Beautiful plants man they look awesome! I'm not too familiar with Kosher Kush. Pretty good yield per plant?

As far as trimming goes, now is the time to do it before it makes a huge difference.... Trim off all lower stuff under the below, thats shaded with no light that wouldnt yield much if its left there just going to end up with a bunch of shit nugs to trim.... No one likes trimming little popcorn kernels you know? Harvest the good shit. Better taste, high, flavor, and smoke :thumb: But like I said, I'm not too familiar with Kosher Kush... I've grown many'a'kush strains before and most reacted the same when trimmed. As long as your not pulling fan leaves off the top and only the bottom the tops will still grow fine.

Possibly a SCROG grow next time? Top the plants bend through the different holes, height problem solved.

The word Kush brings indica dominate plants to mind not sky reachers. I germinate seeds in blue paper shop towels and plant as soon as they crack or as soon as I get to them after. But I don't use the RR cubes either.

Thanks for joining in on this journal sphnx. Hang out and watch the fun.

This grow is based on HI-Defoliation for yield in RDWC. I pull an leaves from top to bottom. It's an interesting technique.

@SG, You're doing great man. I'm lovin your grow. Yes I have height limitations, oh well. This technique requires shorter plants too, short and fat wide bottom girls and I screwed up the veg not hitting them the 2nd & 3rd time before flower and getting them bent wide. The idea is max lumen from top to bottom and turning popcorn into nice bud.

Update on the way!

Update:

Day 15 in flower, Day 20 in 12/12. Also Defoliation and bend day.

So at lights on today I new I had to do it. Branches were 2-4" from the glass of the 1k watt bulb. This also means the lower stuff is getting crapola light and even after stripping wont get much unless I can lower the lamp.

So, added 3 gals of RO water, ph was 5.8, and ppm is 1030 on .500 conv scale (2.06 e.c.) Humidiity at 56%.

So I stripped the girls hard, and found lots of ways to bend. I've got 12 pics, before, after and then after bending. Humidity dropped to 43% which is awesome..

Here we go:
Before stripping:
P81200011.JPG
P81200021.JPG
P8120005.JPG
P81200041.JPG
P81200031.JPG

Next post is after strip and after bending.

after strip:
P81200071.JPG
P8120006.JPG
P81200081.JPG
P8120009.JPG
P8120011.JPG
P8120012.JPG

Just found this and thought I would sub... I have a 2 week old Kosher Kush in my current journal. I'll get caught up and then follow this to completion ... it will be fun learning.

You and I are going get get along great bassman! I am all about pulling and snipping all throughout the grow even though its frowned upon by others, I personally don't give a shit because it works. Awesome grow man, I can"t wait to see more.

heh, just peaked in on the girls. All the branches that were bent just hours ago have had all their tops turn straight up towards the light. It's working perfect. :thumb:

@1970's, hey welcome! Enjoy the ride!

@SG, You're doing great man. I'm lovin your grow. Yes I have height limitations oh well. This technique requires shorter plants too, short and fat wide bottom girls and I screwed up the veg not hitting them the 2nd & 3rd time before flower and getting them bent wide. The idea is max lumen from top to bottom and turning popcorn into nice bud.

Update on the way!

Just a little teazin Master.

I'd be doing the same thing, and I am I have some toped, crazy bonzied plants coming through that should be much lower your style of grow they are about 4 weeks out from flowering stay tuned

Hey Bassman what you have going looks fantastic, I am absorbing wonderful and helpful information thanks.

Thanks Shizz and welcome to 420mag! Enjoy the trip through this journal. It should be interesting and another learning experience for me too!

Update:

Day 19 in flower. Day 24 in 12/12

Gals are doing great after being defoliated to slow down stretch Sunday. The canopy is getting thick and wider as we wanted. I still had to bend some today which you may see in the pics.

They are really forming nice flowers and looks to be very productive a good 2 feet down.

It's hard to see in pics but I did one shot at about 18" down into the canopy between the plants just to show how much branching and flower development there is. Clearly the use of high defoliation has not hurt them.

The last 4 pics are my attempt to follow one of the main branches through all it's bends. The last pic the same branch is about 29 inches from the center of the plant. I tried to show the four major bends it's received.

Enjoy:
P8160001.JPG
P8160003.JPG
P8160002.JPG
P8160005.JPG
P8160004.JPG
P8160006.JPG
P8160007.JPG
P8160008.JPG
P8160009.JPG

Looking good Bassman-- bend-o-rama in there with some super defol, of course for you biz as usual (xcept the stretch) Glad that's under control now. Defol goes a long way at slowing them down stretching and drinking...
nicely done.
:surf:

holy zeuses buthole! um like damn they are growing like a teenagers whang at a nude beach!! lol very interesting i go back n forth on defol i think it has alot to do with strain, i have stripped and i have left them alone with good results both ways, i think your technique is tits! i may try it in poor mans hydro, (coco) some time, i'll need to pick your brain for specifics, but yeah great looking grow i'll be continuing to follow gotta see the end!:thumb:

Update:

Day 25 in Flower, Day 29 in 12/12

Ok so I turned the clock back a 1/2 hour on them last night. From here on out I'll give them 30 mins less light about every 7-10 days.

Also been bending like a mofo. But the top inches are getting so damn hard now from having been bent. PPM is lowered and down in the 780-850 range for the most part (.5 conversion).

Starting to see a little frost and feel a little bit of stickiness.

Took some pics just before lights on yesterday:

About 8-12 inches below the main canopy:
P82200032.JPG

View from tent entry:
P82200013.JPG

Top of canopy areas:
P82200022.JPG
P82200052.JPG
P82200043.JPG

Also transplanted my Master Kush seedlings for next grow today into 5 gal buckets. 300ppm, 220w of T5HO, 5.8 ph. I'll be watchin them real close and not let them get so tall like these Kosher Kush. Intend to make the MK's a really good grow!

Back
Top Bottom