Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

purple_p_2_trichs_1.jpg
Doesn't look quite done yet

then again ...
they're my plants....I can do that.

Your choice :)

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

Dang Cannafan, I am constantly amazed at the closeups you get with a phone and a tape-on the lens? :Namaste:

I look forward to the progress pics Cannafan. I'm quite interested to see what your results will be and wether they mirror my own observations.

Thanks guys. :)

Radogast, you're probably right. If I had to wait a while yet, it will be okay. She's in total isolation now, so I won't have to worry about any missed pollen. :thumb:

On the close up macro's I use a 40x jewelers loupe taped over the phone lens good and tight against it so there is no gap. Then the phone goes on a tripod to prevent hand shake, and I either turn off the fans in the grow room or take the plant to a place where there is no moving air.

I used to take much sharper pics than that, and I think it may have been with my old digital camera using the same technique with the jewelers loupe and using the macro setting on the camera. I'm going to test that out this weekend, I think the megapixels were higher on that digital camera then the with the phone. I had lost the camera for a few months, just found it recently looking for something else. :laugh:
Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with what can be done with the phone. I'm just still seeking that perfect trichome pic.

:circle-of-love:

A couple of the ladies demanded I update their portfolio's while they are in their most beautiful stage of life. So, I did a couple shots to please them:

portfolio_day_3.jpg

portfolio_day_2.jpg

This girl wanted something different, so I sprayed down a piece of photo frame glass with water and put it in front of her. She loved the effect:

portfolio_day.jpg

Today is cooking day, in between oven and stove activities I'll get some comparison shots of the defoliation experiment and whatever else flips my cookie at the time.

Hope everyone has enjoyed their day so far!

terrific shots, Canna....can't wait to sample what comes out of your kitchen :circle-of-love:

terrific shots, Canna....can't wait to sample what comes out of your kitchen :circle-of-love:

:thanks: Sis :)

Now....you KNOW I have to try that baked Lasagna "soup" thing today. I haven't stopped thinking about that since I saw the danged recipe. :laugh:

I hope things are calmer at your end of the state, they sure are here. Nary a leaf movement this morning. What a difference!

oh great, can't wait to see the lasagna soup....my friends have scheduled the pasture fence line walk and depending on what I see from you, that's what I had planned to serve for lunch....

so glad to have power back....Wed was terrifying to me; have never seen such a sustained wind in all my life....don't mess with nature...gonna have to sort out my plants today; you have no idea what I went thru to save and protect them; what a nightmare.....

White Cookies Defoliation vs. Natural 5 days:

Here's what we have after 5 days from defoliation on WC1:

Defol_comparison_1.jpg

They have both been fed and watered at the same time and both are under a Mars LED. As you can see, the WC2 is taller than the WC1 now, I measured about 3/4" yesterday but it appears a bit more than that today. I took a couple of large fan leaves off WC2 that were clearly blocking light, and did some tucking of others.

The bottom little bitties that I tied down on both plants show differences. The WC1 bottoms are doing better than the WC2, probably because more light is able to reach them.

oh great, can't wait to see the lasagna soup....my friends have scheduled the pasture fence line walk and depending on what I see from you, that's what I had planned to serve for lunch....

so glad to have power back....Wed was terrifying to me; have never seen such a sustained wind in all my life....don't mess with nature...gonna have to sort out my plants today; you have no idea what I went thru to save and protect them; what a nightmare.....

Isn't is amazing how we protect these kids? I received a text message alert of the power outage from the power company, and the very first thing I worried about was those plants! It was on my mind the whole freaking night at work.
I just hope that only the one day without light didn't mess them up. They appear okay today...so far.
Guess we have to give thanks that it wasn't a snowstorm and below zero temps at the time to go with it. Brrrr........

The Super Cheese plant has some really dark amber on her, but mostly the trichs are clear.

Also, she's got bud foxtailing going on. The last time I had foxtailing on a plant was my first grow and it was only on the top of the bud. This girl is doing it on the sides and top.

I will try really hard to get some good pics of this tomorrow. I've read that it's a good thing and I've read that it's a bad thing.
My search was inconsistent for an answer, other than light stress possibly being the cause and that some strains are just known to do this genetically?

Edit: And DAYAM that girl is sticky!

Darkstar #1 has an unusual bud going on with a bottom branch. The branch was accidentally supercropped apparently when I tied them down a bit a week ago. I don't know if that's what caused this or not.
Almost looks like two buds grew together, it's about 2" across but on just one stem. Dennise had one of these before, but I can't remember what they said it was called.

darkstar_bud_2.jpg

darkstar_bud_1.jpg

One of the things I love about growing this plant is having something new to see with every grow. :)

Yesterday I finally managed to get that defective T5 unit off my fix-it table. After two attempts at a replacement ballast unit, one being wrong voltage and the other being bad when received (used), I decided I don't have the time/funds/patience to try to get all 8 lights working anymore. I rewired it to alternate working lights so the light coverage is even instead of 2 out on one end. It's being used as sidelighting right now in the flower room and the Darkstars seem to love it. I will use it for the seedlings once the spring plants are ready for it.

t5_sidelighting.jpg

And.....the last few days I've noticed constantly droopy leaves on Darkstar 1 (the tall girl), and I could not figure out why she was doing that when she had been fed/watered the same as everyone else.
I discovered after watering this morning, while sitting with my cuppa, that there was a leak in the run off tray. So, watering her at the bottom in that tray was running back out onto the floor beneath the stand. Grrrr......good thing I put that plastic sheeting under the stand.
So, I replaced the tray and watered again. She's standing at full attention now. :laugh:

Here's a Darkstar #3 bud shot:

darkstar_3.jpg

I used to do a lot of Ice Fishing. I don't do it anymore, but I have two of these "Jet Sleds" that I used to haul my gear onto the lake with:

jet_sled.jpg

They are ribbed on the bottom, so plant containers can stay up out of the drain water. I'm kind of thinking they will make a good base for the hempy pots. Whatcha think?
Size is perfect for the bathroom for one of them. 54" x 24"
I'll have to cut a hole or two, but at least they will be put to use again. :)

Why cut holes? Just vacuum the overage out of these. I use cut down totes, one for each bucket. This is a big tote.
Can't wait to see what you do with the Hempy technique.

WJ
:ciao:

Why cut holes? Just vacuum the overage out of these. I use cut down totes, one for each bucket. This is a big tote.
Can't wait to see what you do with the Hempy technique.

WJ

I had already decided not to cut holes. No real need for that.

Hope you are doing well Wild Slim Jim!

*Ding* *Ding *Ding*.....
Duggan! Sunday dinner is on the table

Canna infused Lasagna Soup with Broiled cheeses
...and a little topping of Canna Infused Caramelized Onions

Sides: two breads, one cheese stuffed, and some broiled baguettes with Canna butter. Throw a little decarbed ground weed on anything you like or drizzle on some Canna Olive Oil.

Canna_Infused_Lasagna_Soup.jpg

Ya better eat it all gone!

Infused_Lasagna_Soup_3.jpg

*Ding* *Ding *Ding*.....

Sides: two breads, one cheese stuffed, and some broiled baguettes with Canna butter. Throw a little decarbed ground weed on anything you like or drizzle on some Canna Olive Oil.

Jeez that looks good. And tasty.

WJ

*Ding* *Ding *Ding*.....

Oh Ya!! So.........shit sakes C'......checkin ,..ya, mouth is watering. Does that ever look and sound deli...lmao...member that boss Elaine had in Seinfeld who had this way,...of describing a pair of shoes!!:rofl::rofl:Remember that? what a hoot eh C,...the thing about that dish there ya made ...it doesn't ship well....:rofl: Lookin forward to .....nevermind....;)

sent from my DeLorean...in the future!:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom