Cultivators Cultivation High Quality Yields

So ive just ordered a batch of Greenhouse seeds Trainwreck. Although AMS is my staple, ive had some folk ask for a change so thought i'd go back to the other favourite of mine. Its heavy yielding and very strong stone, not for the faint hearted. be running that in a grow very soon, just havent figured out where yet....... will be dwc or rdwc though, preferably rdwc.

always worried with the root rot though, thats why i mentioned my pal using ozone to kill pythium, but you have to grow in a completely mineral environment like that, as in no organic additives, purely mineral.

nft is old fashioned i agree with u there mate - whats the best way to do dwc? do u make ur own ones?

yeah get buckets, cut holes for net pots and then add air line. im making a system which i'll document soon. root rot isnt an issue if u keep clean res and temps at 65f which is easy. i manage it in rooms with 8-10lights no prob. plants like this in 10 weeks.

2013-03-04_16_52_02.jpg

that's good going mate, that's at least a 4/5oz plant that hard to say though nothing to scale it with - going to be hard to control temps this summer innit. some people put ice cubes in the tanks, but they don't last long!

the problem is you can't risk renting a place and getting root rot half way through, cos it a big waste of money, i reckon commercially speaking, soil is easiest and most problem free...

though i do want to try hydro because the yield is huge or at least it can be if used right

the problem is you can't risk renting a place and getting root rot half way through, cos it a big waste of money, i reckon commercially speaking, soil is easiest and most problem free...

i would strongly diasgree there mate. hydro systems are the easiest and safest way to grow commercially. once the room is built the systems run themselves, no waste other than trim to remove. yields far far greater than soil, faster grows, and absolute control on growing. u couldnt pay me to go back to soil.

that plant yielded 9oz 13g dry. it still had 2.5 weeks to go on that photo taken 5.5weeks from 12/12.

never put ice in tanks either, it melts and dilutes solution and puts ph up. use chiller, prob sorted. aircon units to regulate room temps. depends if £££ is an issue. fortunately i am in a position to get whatever i need. always build room to specs before adding plants, u dont want to be adding as u go.

always build room to specs before adding plants, u dont want to be adding as u go.
amen!

every single damn problem i have faced in my first 4 grows have entirely been because of that statement.
i had no choice but to start on the breadline.

i started by sacrificing a few bags of desperatly needed smoke out of my diet to buy seeds and a lamp or two and have been slowly expanding since. last count i was doing 43 plants under a 600 hps and some side lighting when heat allowed. im almost to the point where i can start a serious grow full equiped ahead of time...then and only then do i consider myself no longer an apprentice, everything up till then is still an education.

Ozone exposure is unhealthy and should be limited, as such I ALWAYS recommend the generator be incorporated in the exhaust ducting. Thus will eliminate and odors as they exit without exposure to yourself or the plants, for the price tho ill take carbon filters. If ur in a non Med state I'd spare no expense setting up an ozone exhaust. Sorry I know that conversation has passed but I had to chime in.

Also if u keep small reptiles or any birds ozone is highly toxic to them, all this needs to be considered.

haha cults i aswell was looking at green houses trainwreck and also dinafem kush n cheese as its a uk/usa favroite great minds think alike eh!!

also wanted to know if you have had any luck putting a feeding schedual together for me to follow for dwc??
thanks mate.

i would strongly diasgree there mate. hydro systems are the easiest and safest way to grow commercially. once the room is built the systems run themselves, no waste other than trim to remove. yields far far greater than soil, faster grows, and absolute control on growing. u couldnt pay me to go back to soil.

that plant yielded 9oz 13g dry. it still had 2.5 weeks to go on that photo taken 5.5weeks from 12/12.

never put ice in tanks either, it melts and dilutes solution and puts ph up. use chiller, prob sorted. aircon units to regulate room temps. depends if £££ is an issue. fortunately i am in a position to get whatever i need. always build room to specs before adding plants, u dont want to be adding as u go.

That's the problem with DWC is if you need a chiller. They are pricey. A lot of home growers don't have that to spend, so I think Hempy is the nest best thing. Easy to manage, yeilds good, and fairly quick, and is super cheap to get started. You don't have to worry about ph as much, I don't think. You can get away with using the cheap ph drop test.

However, with DWC, you can put ice in the bucket without diluting. Just freeze a bunch of water bottles, but be prepared to change them often, sometimes every hour. I've tried that.

its far easier and more practical to just pull a jug of liquid out of your res and put it in the fridge or freezer to cool down then swap out a jug at a time. so if you have a need 10 litres in your dwc then make that one 11 litres of liquid. when your jug is cold, remove a litre from the bucket and replace it with the slightly colder one.

ice is risky however you bottle it or bag it. and i think you will find that just keeping a portion of your nutes in the chiller and do swap outs when it gets a bit warm is the easiest way till you can get a chiller dedicated to your liquid temps..

That's a good idea, too. Probably only need to displace a quarter of the volume to get it to 65 degrees. Would need to test it a few times to see the exact amount.

Also, even the frozen water bottle, once the roots are big, will chill the roots it is touching too much.

i bet a smart cookie could set up a normal refrigerator with a bunch of containers inside connected to the buckets by 5mm pipe or something and tiny little motors. like a seperate recirculating line just for the chiller. it would be asy enough to tamper wit the seal on the fridge door to allow the pipes in without causing a leak of cold.

now oxy pots would have actually been a clever idea if the incorperated a tiny chiller into each pot. it wouldnt be all that difficult for example to make a bucket with a false bottom, and that false bottom uses a snorkle system up the side of the bucket for its air in/out (to prevent water spilled on the floor accidentally drowning your electronics, lol). inside this false bottom would be a bubblers guts and a mini air con unit to cool the bubbles. the bucket would have 2 air in and 2 air out, one for cool air that gets directed into the water and the other is warm air from the chillers radiator that gets blow out into the room., hell while they are at it it shoud contain a display for PH and PPM and the entire pot is powered by a single plug.

thats what an oxy pot would look like if i was making them ;)

always build room to specs before adding plants, u dont want to be adding as u go.

amen!

every single damn problem i have faced in my first 4 grows have entirely been because of that statement.
i had no choice but to start on the breadline.

It's certainly difficult to grow well without all the "pieces" of the puzzle. I'm limping along just trying to bring this first crop to harvest. For example, since I started in Winter, I thought I would be OK without AC for this grow, but as it's warming up a little, my temps have crept up as well. Now I may have to come up with the $$ to get an AC before harvest. Cult is very right on this. Don't start growing until you have the environment completely controlled.

I used to be one of the people that believed you don't have to spend a lot of $$ to grow MJ. I no longer believe that. Even in the 90's I had spent a lot on grow supplies. The difference was I did it gradually then, so I didn't realize how much I was spending. It's obvious that, at some point, Cult has put a lot of investment capital into his business. The good thing about all this is, it's easy to recoup that investment. There is certainly no lack of demand for high quality cannabis!

thats what an oxy pot would look like if i was making them ;)

:popcorn:

Sorry to bother you guys here, clearly don't want to hijack this thread but I am wandering if someone could check my grow journal and see if they can give me advices or help in the problems I am having.

I have a theory but don't know if it's good or not.

Cultivator is very knowledgable and surely sould help me but I'm open to anyone else with an idea.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Back
Top Bottom