Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Uhh, aren't those the exact same directions as the cannabis ones? I mean, print, save, emboss, tattoo, I'm all for it!

Are those the same, great I'll kill two birds with one stone since I've never harvested anything in Doc's. Heck, I'm still reading the directions, so thanks again.

I doubt I'll tattoo anything, though, nothing is by the book for me,, that's boring and what everyone does.... I can only be a follower for so long before my natural instinct to lead takes over.

Thanks for the info, I'll save it ;)

You're good no way they root bound 25s that fast. Why are you waiting three more weeks, just curious.

All the rest of my transplants took two weeks to fill the pots with roots. From 1 gal to 7 gal seemed like much more of a volume increase than the 7 gal to 25 (7 times the room vs. 3.5 times).

Not my call on the bloom. The sun does what the sun does. The longest day is still more than a week away. Pistils in mid to late July maybe?

That fast pheno is really fast Doc, way ahead of the other Colombians :smokin: Its interesting to see so many possibilities with regulars

All the rest of my transplants took two weeks to fill the pots with roots. From 1 gal to 7 gal seemed like much more of a volume increase than the 7 gal to 25 (7 times the room vs. 3.5 times).

Not my call on the bloom. The sun does what the sun does. The longest day is still more than a week away. Pistils in mid to late July maybe?

Sorry forgot you're growing outside. :tokin:

Ya eh MMM...What a hoot brotha.:thumb:

Doc's day at the office is the worst...man, must byte.

I'd sweep the floor though...

Are those in smart pots?? I get the volume increase,, but, that seems like a lot of soil to run through that quickly... good for you...rock some trees ;)

Are those in smart pots?? I get the volume increase,, but, that seems like a lot of soil to run through that quickly... good for you...rock some trees ;)

Yes - the 25's are smart pots. The smaller pots were regular nursery pots.

That fast pheno is really fast Doc, way ahead of the other Colombians :smokin: Its interesting to see so many possibilities with regulars

I've read that cannabis in Colombia was brought over by the Spanish, meaning it was probably of North African or near Middle Eastern origin. This means there is Indica genetics in there somewhere.

But over the years and InBredLine was formed, and now I believe they're actually calling it a Land Race strain. The patterns of the sun's movement across the sky, length of days/nights and temperatures have caused the Sativa qualities to become extremely dominant and the Indica qualities repressed.

Well, repressed to the point where when Indica traits do express themselves it's in the form of faster flowering, shorter height, etc. Indeed, the Punta Roja strain is known for being shorter and faster than Santa Marta.

My fast pheno is in the corner, so it's not getting sunshine directly overhead...which favors Indica expression. So, while the others are growing similar to Champagne, this one is moving real fast.

This is all VERY exciting to me.

FAst pheno:

IMG_79931.jpg

IMG_80072.jpg

Tall pheno:

IMG_79902.jpg

I wish I was around to try some of the original strains you hear about. My mom said they had Colombian gold and red back then when she lived on the panama canal. When I first started dabbling in pot it was all about the ducks foot and "beester" bud haha.

I wish I was around to try some of the original strains you hear about. My mom said they had Colombian gold and red back then when she lived on the panama canal. When I first started dabbling in pot it was all about the ducks foot and "beester" bud haha.

I grew up with the red and gold Colombian strains. I've grow the gold unsuccessfully indoors. This Red is looking to be very successful.

A rundown on Colombian strains by DJ Short from "Strains of Yesteryear". I hope someone could get some basic info that way :thumb:

Colombian Gold

Colombian Gold came from the highland Colombian valleys near the equator, as well as on the coast (the Caribbean and the Pacific).
This was specialty pot offered commercially in the mid-70's, for about $60 to $100 per ounce. It was seeded, but most of the seeds were undeveloped, white and useless. A few rare, viable seeds were found that were dark, small-sized and roundish. The buds were leafy and the most beautiful golden blond color. Legend has it that upon maturity the plants were girdled, then left standing to die and cure in the mountain sun and mist.

The color and cure were unique, and the aroma, flavor and high were equally so. The smell was that of sandalwood incense, almost like frankincense. The flavor was that of a peppery cedar. It was some of the most unique tasting herb in the world, and the high was just as exciting. It was truly psychedelic, powerful and long lasting.

First came the great flavor, then the stupefying awe of the shift in consciousness followed by a giddy excitement and bursts of joyous laughter. Smile-lock and red-eye made it painfully obvious who was under the influence of this great psychedelic herb.

The plants from the seeds of the Gold were primarily of Sativa origin. They grew a medium to tall size outdoors at 45?N (Seattle), and were mostly symmetrical. On occasion the symmetry was interrupted by one side outgrowing the other, causing a rounded and bulging tipped bush look. The leaves were long and slender.

When grown in Washington state, the finished product was a sweet, spicy Sativa bud that matured around mid-November. The high was adequate but not as good as the Oaxaca Highland grown at the same latitude. The plants were also slightly hermaphroditic.

Colombian Red

Colombian Red was the near polar opposite of Colombian Gold. This lowland jungle pot (possibly from Brazil) was made up of dark red, almost black, chunky little nuggets of what appeared to be hash, stems, leaf and seed. The aroma was that of cedar and hash.
In the early 1980's, the Red cost only $30 to $60 an ounce due to its appearance, making it one of the best deals going. This pot was a narcotic, knock-you-down-and-out, super munchie, red-eye express. The joints would only burn half way before drowning in their own resin! The smoke was very expansive in the lungs with a powerful pine/hash flavor.

Before subjecting its victim to fits of gorging and deep snoozing, the experience usually included ridiculously long spasms of uncontrollable laughter. The silliest little image could induce hilarity beyond belief. This was the main herb around when the Cheech and Chong movies first came out.

The plants from the Red were among the first grown out by Americans. There were many seeds, medium-sized and dark grey, that sprouted and grew easily into a finished product that was more than adequate. The plants grew low, dark, and bushy, with uneven and somewhat scraggly branches that were easily broken from wind damage. The locally grown varieties rarely budded very much, so it is not certain when they would have finished. It would have been relatively late in November at the earliest.

:tokin:

I remember the "Red", but before the 80's. The description sounds about right, except with the cedar and hash notes, I recall an earthiness. Maybe it was the cure and/or age of what I had. The resin part is spot on. A joint would turn to goo.

I remember the "Red", but before the 80's. The description sounds about right, except with the cedar and hash notes, I recall an earthiness. Maybe it was the cure and/or age of what I had. The resin part is spot on. A joint would turn to goo.

I had forgotten about the goo. :cheesygrinsmiley: That triggered memories of chamber pipes. :laughtwo:

I just smoked hash...usually good Lebanese or Moroccan! Hot knives baby!!! Didnt get good herb til like the early 90s :)

Same here, usually. Mostly Afghani, but the blondes and reds too, on occasion. Spicey!

i'm just a wee little baby....

Jeez you guys I've only been smoking for 20 years.

Conradino, bringin the heat as usual, I looked up girdling...seems like a good idea with cannabis but never heard of it? I'm down to try it on one of my plants. Bigger sweeter buds doesn't suck.

Anybody ever try a lil girdlin?

Back
Top Bottom