gr8fulfor420's First Soil Autoflower Grow Journal - 2014

Thanks! All comments are welcome. The pots were about 4 inches from the top of the pot. I did top them off however and gave them a watering. I let then dry in between. I think I'm going with potash for potassium. Off to the store :surf:

i am with you,after all it is your grow
and yes its best not to mess with auto's too much i have been told
and yes they will be ok in their current pots
but...
they look half full and even if not rootbound don't you want plenty of leg room for the roots?
anyway i just threw in 2 cents and we all know what that can get you these days
so i send positive energy and best wishes

:lot-o-toke::reading420magazine:

:lot-o-toke::reading420magazine:

OK - so my buddy stopped by the other day and told me these are root bound. Too late to transfer, learning curve. I've got 2 more seeds awaiting I'll get bigger pots for them. I'm sure the yield will be low they may be stunted. Food for thought on the next run lol. I started running HPS last night around 7ish. Lights off @ 12ish on @ 6ish.
Has anyone heard of scientific soil? I'm thinking of trying that next time around....

You can still transplant a rootbound plant. The roots will resume growth once they see there is more space. If you dont your plant will eventually die.

The light is reeking havoc on my camera....
WP_20140416_016.jpg

WP_20140416_013.jpg

Hi Gr8ful.

I believe Joe is right. I would transplant those if they're root-bound. They'll shutdown for a week or so, then they'll take off and really start thriving. If your buddy is correct, and they are "root-bound", ignoring it would cause more harm than transplanting IMHO.

JJ

3gallon pot should is still big enuf for an ounce of bud there are people who grow autos in potnoodle pots start to finish and all my pots are around the 3gal size fb became slightly rootbound but I jus let her air prune her roots but how handy are you with DIY? Going by your thread so far your handy? If so how about using a Stanley blade score deep around the base of the pot then twist the bottom of the pot off and place on top of another pot with soil in giving more rootspace and minimal stress for the plant she shouldn't notice a thing but thank you greatly :bong:

looking great pal. nice big bussshyy looking plant u have there:goodjob: What i did a harvest was just the usual, check the trichs. for maturity (<<think thats the right word hah) left her in 24 hours of darkness before harvest and flushing, if u used nutes. and then of course the drying and curing can take upto a week or 2. dont no much about it since im not that far ahead of u since my first harvest. good luck anyway man. hope this helped :Namaste:

there's a few ways of knowing when to harvest first is pistils they mature nice dark orange aslong as there is white the bud is developing but above 75% she can be chopped further than this get a jewelers loupe above 40x magnification and inspect trichs and harvest depending on the stone you would like first stage is clear this is a energetic high and not very strong then trichs change to a cloudy where they give a more matured high of body and mind but if you want that kick ass weed that leaves you locked to the sofa let the trichomes fully mature to amber at this point the plant is finished but another point with autos of knowing when to harvest Is leaves if there yellowing and dying then the plant has done and ending her life eating herselves to finish the flowers before she passes :) hope this helps :bong:

Ur plant gr8fulfar is 1 amazing looking plant,that main cola down the middle is exactally wot I'm looking 4.well done,plant looks real healthy an strong.should be a good yielder:goodjob:

looking great pal. nice big bussshyy looking plant u have there:goodjob: What i did a harvest was just the usual, check the trichs. for maturity (<<think thats the right word hah) left her in 24 hours of darkness before harvest and flushing, if u used nutes. and then of course the drying and curing can take upto a week or 2. dont no much about it since im not that far ahead of u since my first harvest. good luck anyway man. hope this helped :Namaste:

:thanks: indo that's my plan. This is my first time too were all learning together here @ 420! Everyone has there own style and situation of course

there's a few ways of knowing when to harvest first is pistils they mature nice dark orange aslong as there is white the bud is developing but above 75% she can be chopped further than this get a jewelers loupe above 40x magnification and inspect trichs and harvest depending on the stone you would like first stage is clear this is a energetic high and not very strong then trichs change to a cloudy where they give a more matured high of body and mind but if you want that kick ass weed that leaves you locked to the sofa let the trichomes fully mature to amber at this point the plant is finished but another point with autos of knowing when to harvest Is leaves if there yellowing and dying then the plant has done and ending her life eating herselves to finish the flowers before she passes :) hope this helps :bong:

:thanks: Scottish! I did read that magnifying glass will help see the trichs Berry Ryder plant is oooozing with trichs, no magnifying glass needed on that one wish I had a better camera that one is not going to yield as much as the bushy Sweet Tooth. These are my first attempts so I'm pleased so far and have my other two going right now lol :yummy:

Ur plant gr8fulfar is 1 amazing looking plant,that main cola down the middle is exactally wot I'm looking 4.well done,plant looks real healthy an strong.should be a good yielder:goodjob:

:thanks: snakelad - I'm estimating about an OZ on the sweet tooth and maybe 3/4 oz on my berry plant. It's smaller but way more denser and stickier.

The trichs stand off the plant and look so amazing under magnification as well but shorter denser plants do show alot more thc earlier on sweettooth may catch up in her final days when it really packs on :) but I think you will surpass your expected yield that sweettooth is exactly what I wanted to see nice big plant lots of buds in the last week it fattens up alot she looks like she may be 2-3 weeks left to me so can't wait for next update :):bong: keep it green mate and be sure to send me link to your new grow :bong:

Welp here's Berry Ryder 30grams wet approx. 12 dry. I do like my nuggets a little moist, if it's to dry then it just crumbles into nothing and burns too quick. Smoke report - nice smooth taste non harsh. Nice couchlock buzz. I'm satisfied with this plant for sure.
Sweet Tooth continues to process..

WP_20140509_001.jpg

WP_20140509_006.jpg

WP_20140511_002.jpg

WP_20140511_005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom