OldMedMans's 3rd Grow AirPots and 6 Strains

Aloha OMM, my good friend.

The principle we kinda followed was to provide sources of slow release organic nutes for NPK and Calcium/Magnesium (the other macronutes), and I forgot to add that Epsom Salts were added to his mix, and plenty of micronutes...just to make rich soil for bene's to thrive in and feed the little girls from small until about week 3 of bloom, where he plans on starting his BioBizz Bloom and his Bloom Enhancers.

As far as molasses goes, I haven't been giving them molasses...only the soil girls would get it...hydro it would make slime soup. Stopped adding it for SLH because of all the other nutes I have in her soil (she is my runoff catcher from my hempy girls)...molasses is much more of a benefit in organic grows versus inorganic (OC+ is inorganic)...I now will have it in dry form for slow release in my soil to feed the bene's.

As far as Mater Magic (from Dynamite) goes...it is supposedly high quality slow release ground meat organic nutrients with most of the micro's from organic sources built in...it is not a prill and should not be used in hempy. It has the same basic build as OC+ but is much higher in Calcium (big need in tomatoes which this is designed for and I think for pot too). Warning: This stuff can burn the babies in high quantities so is not stoner proof....:Rasta:

This is why I got those additives from my provider, so I could grow a fully organic grow. As far as beneficial's, there is an additive we put in with 5 kinds of beneficial bacteria and maybe 15 types of fungus along with other quality organic ferts that is the starter for this soil. It is called....have to go look it up....It is Fox Farms, Peace of Mind, Fruit and Flower. That is a mouthful.

For liquid nutes, my hempy girls get them occasionally still as a supplement (and my SLH as runoff)...just not relying on them for my basic nute needs anymore.

:peacetwo: Hope I covered all the questions...am not stoned yet so am a little dense...:cool:

Hello High Thanks for the answer.....I think.:)

I just woke up from a nap and like you I am not stoned yet so am a little dense. I've been staring at this for 20 minutes and I think I understand it all.
No offense meant, but I tried to understand it by leaving out the Hempy stuff.
I did know you wouldn't put molasses in Hempy.:)

So using OC+ putting in beneficial organic stuff would do no good! With that said, I guess that's all I need to know. I am confused about that and have no idea what's going on in my plants. Old habits die hard. Thanks for your answer.

Aloha from my backyard garden. :thanks:

What's up OMM, sorry for my being MIA. In my absents your garden has grown into a very healthy looking forest. Looking very nice as usual.. Looking forward to seeing those ladies filling out.... Again, great job...

Hello sonzor Good to see you out and about. I know work keeps you busy, so don't worry about being MIA. I always enjoy your visits.:)
Yep, the gardens coming along pretty well. Sure wish we could fast forward about a month! :grinjoint:

Take care my friend :peace:

Hello High Thanks for the answer.....I think.:)

I just woke up from a nap and like you I am not stoned yet so am a little dense. I've been staring at this for 20 minutes and I think I understand it all.
No offense meant, but I tried to understand it by leaving out the Hempy stuff.
I did know you wouldn't put molasses in Hempy.:)

So using OC+ putting in beneficial organic stuff would do no good! With that said, I guess that's all I need to know. I am confused about that and have no idea what's going on in my plants. Old habits die hard. Thanks for your answer.

Aloha from my backyard garden. :thanks:

Lets just say adding the good organic stuff won't hurt if it isn't too strong but won't really help if OC+ is covering all her needs...I don't believe OC+ has enough calcium/magnesium for pot so that needs to still be added when using OC+...you can lime the dirt or do cal-mag of some sort (dolomite is preferable).

I like supplementing the OC+ to ensure all the girls needs are met, so I gave my SLH the Mater Magic...which is just more additional nutes with plenty of calcium added.

I honestly don't know enough about it right now bro, but I know my hempy girls have had quite a few nights that they live on OC+ only and show no deficiencies so far...dropping leaves on bottom, but that is them getting no light.

All that good organic stuff is gonna be used with Mater Magic since is 100% organic and no OC+....well maybe a little :)

:peace: brother and Aloha to you.

Hey there my friend!

Thanks for popping into my watching paint dry documentation err seed germination process for my next grow. I have used multiple methods and we may or may not have anything. I'll give them till the end of the week and try again. This time with better soil (FFOF), and I am thinking about trying those root riot cubes. (they look like peat pots but you can use them in hydro) I may just end up ordering regular seeds somewhere, it might be that my seeds just aren't any good.

Anyway, thanks for popping in and your wishes for my birthday. Let's hope we have 100% germination on every single seed! ;)

Lets just say adding the good organic stuff won't hurt if it isn't too strong but won't really help if OC+ is covering all her needs...I don't believe OC+ has enough calcium/magnesium for pot so that needs to still be added when using OC+...you can lime the dirt or do cal-mag of some sort (dolomite is preferable).

I like supplementing the OC+ to ensure all the girls needs are met, so I gave my SLH the Mater Magic...which is just more additional nutes with plenty of calcium added.

I honestly don't know enough about it right now bro, but I know my hempy girls have had quite a few nights that they live on OC+ only and show no deficiencies so far...dropping leaves on bottom, but that is them getting no light.

All that good organic stuff is gonna be used with Mater Magic since is 100% organic and no OC+....well maybe a little :)

:peace: brother and Aloha to you.

Aloha My Friend High! :grinjoint:

Thanks for your answer Buddy. I worry too much. Big news Huh? Just like I have had dolomite lime for while now. Time I used some of it.
Actually, I think I'm set in my thinking too much, because I see beautiful healthy plants when I look at them and still can't believe it. Brain adjustment please! :) Just seems like something for nothing and I just water them! :yahoo:

Hey there my friend!

Thanks for popping into my watching paint dry documentation err seed germination process for my next grow. I have used multiple methods and we may or may not have anything. I'll give them till the end of the week and try again. This time with better soil (FFOF), and I am thinking about trying those root riot cubes. (they look like peat pots but you can use them in hydro) I may just end up ordering regular seeds somewhere, it might be that my seeds just aren't any good.

Anyway, thanks for popping in and your wishes for my birthday. Let's hope we have 100% germination on every single seed! ;)

I sure like that new Avatar Guy! :) Yes, if everyone is calling you dude, I would change it too. :bravo:
You know I want your seeds to germ, but if they don't and you have to buy seeds, please spend the extra cash and get female seeds, you will be happy that you did. One less worry and less to fool with. :reading420magazine:
I still wonder if your altitude is having an effect on them?
Root riot cubes work good I'm told, so good luck! :peace:

I sure like that new Avatar Guy! :) Yes, if everyone is calling you dude, I would change it too. :bravo:
You know I want your seeds to germ, but if they don't and you have to buy seeds, please spend the extra cash and get female seeds, you will be happy that you did. One less worry and less to fool with. :reading420magazine:
I still wonder if your altitude is having an effect on them?
Root riot cubes work good I'm told, so good luck! :peace:
:blalol: boo to you for calling me guy ;) LOL

I think you may be right about the altitude. That's why I figure the DWC would also help. Extra oxygen to the roots and all. Damn plants will have more oxygen than I will LOL.

My only concern about buying femd seeds, is that I'll kill them. Right now, all I have is the Dreaded Miracle Grow soil. But I did just fine with it last time :scratchinghead: :confused: :hmmmm: ??? I mean not a single issue! I'm going to the hydro store today to get some FFOF soil, superthrive, some root riot cubes, and some hydro nutes for my DIY DWC tank. I'm not giving up, I am just baffled. This is an absolute first for me. I made roses grow in CLAY!! I just post holed the clay soil and stuck some high quality soil in the hole and they grew like crazy. So I know I don't have a black thumb LOL

Plus if I get regular seeds, I have my hermi seeds from my last grow, and I could take a stab at making my OWN femd seeds with the right male.

I went and touched the seeds soaking, and in paper towels, they have a really thick shell. So I scratched them a bit with my fingernail. If they are dead it won't hurt, if they aren't dead, it may help. Like I said. They get tossed at the end of next week if nothing happens. I'll have my clones by then (which are going into soil BTW) and I can take clones off of them.

Anyway, Sorry for being a post hog... :passitleft:

Aloha My Friend High! :grinjoint:

Thanks for your answer Buddy. I worry too much. Big news Huh? Just like I have had dolomite lime for while now. Time I used some of it.
Actually, I think I'm set in my thinking too much, because I see beautiful healthy plants when I look at them and still can't believe it. Brain adjustment please! :) Just seems like something for nothing and I just water them! :yahoo:

Aloha OMM :Rasta:

I totally get it brother...doesn't feel right...feels like cheating. :)

Hope life in paradise treats you well! :bong:

:peace: brother.

Looking good brother grower....I think i might try those pots....they seems to work great for you :) Keep it green :grinjoint:

Hey Brother Tunes Thanks!
Give a few of them a shot.....I think you will love em. Stay down Bro! :thanks:

:blalol: boo to you for calling me guy ;) LOL

I think you may be right about the altitude. That's why I figure the DWC would also help. Extra oxygen to the roots and all. Damn plants will have more oxygen than I will LOL.

My only concern about buying femd seeds, is that I'll kill them. Right now, all I have is the Dreaded Miracle Grow soil. But I did just fine with it last time :scratchinghead: :confused: :hmmmm: ??? I mean not a single issue! I'm going to the hydro store today to get some FFOF soil, superthrive, some root riot cubes, and some hydro nutes for my DIY DWC tank. I'm not giving up, I am just baffled. This is an absolute first for me. I made roses grow in CLAY!! I just post holed the clay soil and stuck some high quality soil in the hole and they grew like crazy. So I know I don't have a black thumb LOL

Plus if I get regular seeds, I have my hermi seeds from my last grow, and I could take a stab at making my OWN femd seeds with the right male.

I went and touched the seeds soaking, and in paper towels, they have a really thick shell. So I scratched them a bit with my fingernail. If they are dead it won't hurt, if they aren't dead, it may help. Like I said. They get tossed at the end of next week if nothing happens. I'll have my clones by then (which are going into soil BTW) and I can take clones off of them.

Anyway, Sorry for being a post hog... :passitleft:

More oxygen than you? :)

Maybe your seeds are bad? Does happen. Whatever you order, at least they will fresh, especially if you order from a busy seedbank that has a great turnover in seeds.

I hear ya on the no Black Thumb :yummy:

I would be getting a bit frustrated by now, actually very frustrated! :smokin::smokin:

Your shopping list sounds good and I really like FFOF. My choice for soil every time, unless they are out, then I go FF Happy Frog! :yahoo:

Careful with the boys.....they are born horny......one little miscue...and you'll have seeds everywhere!:smokin:

Glad you have clones coming.....then you can get back into that happy growing mode! :yahoo:

Hey! You are free to post all you want in here...whats mine is yours! :peace:

Aloha OMM :Rasta:

I totally get it brother...doesn't feel right...feels like cheating. :)

Hope life in paradise treats you well! :bong:

:peace: brother.

Aloha High :)

That's what is! Something for nothing! That's the feeling! :yahoo:

See you later...I am going to bed this time! :peace:

I haven't seen any place that has them, but the Hydro stores. I go to the one on Democrat Street. They are good people...and kinda hidden. You should see their back room! You could eBay them too! The shipping is a killer though. :smokin:

Alright thanks OMM i'll probably take a deep breath and go in their and check it out i know theirs one somewhere in pearl city too so i'll try haha thanks again and take care!

More oxygen than you? :)

Maybe your seeds are bad? Does happen. Whatever you order, at least they will fresh, especially if you order from a busy seedbank that has a great turnover in seeds.

I hear ya on the no Black Thumb :yummy:

I would be getting a bit frustrated by now, actually very frustrated! :smokin::smokin:

Your shopping list sounds good and I really like FFOF. My choice for soil every time, unless they are out, then I go FF Happy Frog! :yahoo:

Careful with the boys.....they are born horny......one little miscue...and you'll have seeds everywhere!:smokin:

Glad you have clones coming.....then you can get back into that happy growing mode! :yahoo:

Hey! You are free to post all you want in here...whats mine is yours! :peace:

Yup, they will have more oxygen than I will. The air is thinner up here. My mom came to visit us in Vail (which is 2,000 ft lower than where I live) and she got altitude sickness bigtime. It took me two weeks to acclimate to the altitude when I moved to Colorado Springs from Michigan, and then another 2 weeks when I moved to the altitude where I am at now. They have these T-shirts in Leadville, Colorado that say "Don't Trust Anyone Below 11,000ft" I've been to the top of Pikes Peak, and it will wind you. Walking from a parking spot in the lot to the summit house will feel like a marathon if you aren't in shape.

My dispensary grower and I had a talk today about soil, and how he germinates seeds and he says FFOF will make my meds taste like bat and bird poo. Now I am totally confused on soil. He also told me he uses Rapid Rooter and 'plugs' to germ his seeds and clones. Does FFOF affect the taste that much? Are there other soils out there that I can use?

Ugh, didn't mean to be a post hog again, and barrage you with questions to boot. Hope you are having a wonderful evening in paradise! Mahalo

HIGH GD

I've never heard of pot tasting like bat poop...has this guy ever tasted it before? You would want to flush the nutes out cause THAT can cause a sort of harsh taste.

Passive-Hydro you can grow with less of a taste depending on strain. But soil gives it a more earthy taste. I'll know for sure as I am growing in straight perlite and using FF nutes.

So that's my 2 cents worth on that...:smokin: just woke up and having a cup o' joe and a small one hitter bowl.

Oh, on germinating... I had good luck after keeping the seeds in the fridge for a month and then putting them in coffee cup with luke warm water and covered with saucer, just left them for 24-32 hrs. on-top of the cable box.

Good luck!

Yup, they will have more oxygen than I will. The air is thinner up here. My mom came to visit us in Vail (which is 2,000 ft lower than where I live) and she got altitude sickness bigtime. It took me two weeks to acclimate to the altitude when I moved to Colorado Springs from Michigan, and then another 2 weeks when I moved to the altitude where I am at now. They have these T-shirts in Leadville, Colorado that say "Don't Trust Anyone Below 11,000ft" I've been to the top of Pikes Peak, and it will wind you. Walking from a parking spot in the lot to the summit house will feel like a marathon if you aren't in shape.

My dispensary grower and I had a talk today about soil, and how he germinates seeds and he says FFOF will make my meds taste like bat and bird poo. Now I am totally confused on soil. He also told me he uses Rapid Rooter and 'plugs' to germ his seeds and clones. Does FFOF affect the taste that much? Are there other soils out there that I can use?

Ugh, didn't mean to be a post hog again, and barrage you with questions to boot. Hope you are having a wonderful evening in paradise! Mahalo

Hi Girl;)
I pant for breath now...no way I could survive there!:yikes:

Warning Rant Coming!
Your dispensary guy doesn't know what he's talking about! FFOF is one of the most used potting soils in the world. I don't know how many of us on 420 grow with it, but plenty! If there were a problem like that, we on 420 would know it! I love the plants I have grown with it and there is no aftertaste. Grrrrrr! Not everyone growing pot is good at it, even though they do produce buds. If you want to make sure flush the hell out of your plants before harvest! Grrrrr!

Now, I feel better! :)

I read this about 2 hours ago and waited to reply, so I would calm down, :smokin:

While I was thinking about all this, I did realize one thing, you should be growing strains that naturally grow in high altitudes. You'll have do some research on what strains to get, but there are some.
I would think growing a sea level strain in a high altitude would be a stress to begin with. Maybe some more folks can helps us out with what strains to get.

HIGH GD

I've never heard of pot tasting like bat poop...has this guy ever tasted it before? You would want to flush the nutes out cause THAT can cause a sort of harsh taste.

Passive-Hydro you can grow with less of a taste depending on strain. But soil gives it a more earthy taste. I'll know for sure as I am growing in straight perlite and using FF nutes.

So that's my 2 cents worth on that...:smokin: just woke up and having a cup o' joe and a small one hitter bowl.

Oh, on germinating... I had good luck after keeping the seeds in the fridge for a month and then putting them in coffee cup with luke warm water and covered with saucer, just left them for 24-32 hrs. on-top of the cable box.

Good luck!

Right on! Sisco :cheer:

Day 35 of Bloom

Family Portrait from the rear. :)
grp29.jpg

A forming Church Cola :)
chruch31.jpg

The Church :)
chruch.jpg

Moby Dick :)
Moby20.jpg

Moby Dick :)