White Russian soil grow from seeds

Im really kicking myself right now for not thinking of that before. Id be ready to flower in about a week if i had done the rockwool first, or I should have got light warrior soil for the first couple of weeks. So growth is still slow, i wonder how long till the roots get strong enough so they wont be stressed anymore and can start their good growth. As long as Moose is right and I wont lose any potency, I guess I can deal with it, i just gotta pay this damn electric bill and its high with this damn light. Pics are still waiting approval.

Hey, man--about the soil issue, I have been using FFOF with seedlings and have had good results, but I am a conservative at nature, and I might suggest 50/50 FFOF/Lightwarrior. At least the lightwarrior has all the good mychorrizae, and a 50/50 mix will reduce chances of nute burn. Good growing, mate!:smokin:

Glad to hear that bro. I was thinking, are my chances of getting females going down with all this stress on the seedlings. I was just thinking what if I get all males...that would suck, but I would definately cross one with a blueberry if that happened. Im trying to get a hold of 10 or so blueberry clones from a friend so I can implement them to my room since this is going so slow, i should at least use the light to its full extent. I could really fill that closet under that light if I wanted to.

OK, here are the pics of week 3, taken 8/30.

DSC00449_1.jpg

Baby 1

DSC00450_2.jpg

Baby 2

DSC00451_3.jpg

Baby 3

DSC00452_4.jpg

DSC00453_5.jpg

#5...she is getting burned for some reason

DSC00454_6.jpg

#6, the one that came up with the shell, making a comeback.

DSC00455_7.jpg

DSC00456_8.jpg

DSC00457_9.jpg

DSC00458_10.jpg

If either #2 or #9 are females I will be happy. They have looked the strongest since the start, and they are my favorites. I hope I get a stable pheno!

:hmmmm: Okay, this is really getting to me now, they have grown, but not near what I was expecting, they should have at least 2 fully developed internodes by now. Dont get me wrong here berry, its not you, your doing an EXCELLENT job, its just... This one's got me stumped, argh. :hmmmm: I don't know what it is anymore dude, gotta be bad genetics or something.... Where the seeds mature looking? Where they a nice brown w/ black stipes?

HHHMMmmmmm? :hmmmm:

I know, i really think it might me the soil being too much for them...the seeds looked great, just like all other seeds Ive had and they germinated(popped open) in like 12 hours. I had an idea, i think I am going to try it with one of the plants and see what happens. Im going to put the soil in water so it comes off of the roots, then I will put it in new soil that has no nutrients...I figure what the hell, at least give it a shot, that way I will at least see how the roots are looking. If I lose one I lose one, ill take the chance.

Ever thought it might be a combination of the light and the soil? It why I brought them both up.
The oceans blend is strong, and we try to tell people nutes are not even needed til 4 days to a week.
Also your light is causing a heat issue.85F is not a good growing environment. Too much intensity of a light is not needed nor is it practical and can actually do harm. It I had to germ with a 1000watter I would be four feet up.

Things are probally still slow, I have been through this before on one or 2 of my own grows. I always hated the seedling stage myself. Once he gets to 4 nodes things should pick up. I hope they all pull through, the bigger the grow the better lol. After all, he has enough light. Space is always a problem but removal of the males normally fixes that.
So how goes Berry?

Things are still going slow, but they are not dead yet so everything is fine to me. They are still growing, the one that I transplanted into new soil is looking the best, should I do this with all of them? Some are definately looking better but some aren't, but they should make it. I got 2 blueberry clones from a friend, they are about 8 inches, i topped them and hopefully in 2 weeks they will have some nice clone spots. But they are growing none the less. Its gonna happen eventually, its just going to take a little bit. Im out for now, ill put some pics up soon.

They are still growing, the one that I transplanted into new soil is looking the best, should I do this with all of them?

I wouldn't, it seems to risky, if they are growing let em just grow, I'm sure they blast off eventually. What kinda soil did you put the other one into?

Just some store brand of the shop here in town. Has no nutrients in it, its the same stuff I have used in all by previous grows before using the FFOF. Im sure they will make it though. Im bout to fill my closet with clones from the blueberry's as soon as possible. Probably like a month so hopefully the babies are better by then.

Ok, so I was bored and I took a whole slew of photos of everything and resized and all that crap, so now I just have to wait for them to get approved. I am really thinking about trying to transplant more of them into the other soil. The one that I did looks better every day, and it is much greener in color. Ill wait till you guys see the pics before I decide. I also took a few pics of the clones and the fan leaves that they already have. So ill be back soon. Peace out.

So here we go with the pics...taken 9/4

DSC00461rev.jpg

The roots on the seedling when I transplanted it.

DSC00477rev.jpg

A group shot with the new clones

DSC00463rev.jpg

First blueberry clone/mother

DSC00464rev.jpg

Fan leaf off first mother

DSC00465rev.jpg

Second blueberry clone/mother

DSC00466rev.jpg

Fan leaf on second mother, they are nice and healthy

DSC00467rev1.jpg

DSC00468rev2.jpg

DSC00469rev3.jpg

DSC00470rev4.jpg

DSC00471rev5.jpg

#5. Look how much happier she looks in the new soil. A nice deep green color, i think I am going to try to transplant a couple more and see how it goes, if it goes well I might try all of them. She has already grown more since yesterday, and its noticible growth, not growing like the others. Guess this proves that it is nothing with the light or the temps, just the soil.

DSC00472rev6.jpg

DSC00473rev7.jpg

DSC00474rev8.jpg

#8. Looks like this one might be pulling through too.

DSC00475rev9.jpg

DSC00476rev10.jpg

So what do ya think...transplant the rest and see how it goes or just give them more time? I say transplant just by seeing the results of #5, but ill wait for input. Thanks guys!

And a question for the pheno experts, what pheno do the mothers look like? They are they same because they are are both from the same plant. I cant believe its been almost 2 years since she was planted!! Time flies when your growing bud!

Sorry Moose, i gotta go against you on this one. I started to transplant a few of them and the I thought of the one I did earlier and saw how much of it had grown today and I had to do all of them. I would say it was a success. All of them had good roots on them and I think I got them all pretty much planted well. They should show new growth in three days, thats what the other one did. They are in soil with no nutrients at all. Just plain potting soil from the store. I am going to start giving foliar sea weed tonic starting on the third day, and I am going to give mild fish ferts for the first couple waterings...is there anything more I need to do.

Another question...will doing all this transplanting increase my chances of getting males or hermies??

Ok, im out to celibrate my brothers 21st birthday. Ill hit you up later:allgood:

Nope, just slows and stunts growth. Your grow is damaged but young enough to pull through without many problems. The ideal is to do a perfect grow with nothing stopping growth at anytime to fully achieve the full potential of the plant. Don't worry, this comes with experience and a continuation to learn what the plant wants or needs all the time. I am still trying to get better myself because I also get setbacks.
I went back and read your previous grow, I am pretty sure your gonna do better with this grow as long as it gets to reach fruitation. Your biggest problem seems to be with nutes and water and heat. I think its because you want to much too fast. Stop trying to pump these babies too much. You might not know this so I should let you know because it is important info. You should not fertilize when plants are in shock or stressed from nute burn or transplant.
Plant suplements are ok but nutes, even organic nutes should not be used for at least a week but preferred after seeing new growth. Let those seedlings double in size before you force the nutes on them. And when you transplant back to the ocean forest soil, no nutes til after first week of bloom.
I hope you get the heat issue fixed, she will have a hard time during flower if not and loose alot of leaves even without the nute burn.

Thanks Urdedpal for all the encouraging words. I really think that this was the best thing for the babys. The one I transplanted on 8/31 already has 1 full set of leaves grown and more since then, and it looks sooo much more healthy. Your right, i just got to let time take its course.
About the temp issue during flowering, the HPS light doesent seem to put out as much heat as the HPS. Also, i had a fan outside of my closet blowing into it. Its like a 20 inch fan and it sits on the floor. For some reason when I use it the temps are around 85 and when I dont, they are around 80. Temps during flowering are used to be around 80 when I used the fan, so I am thinking it will be lower than that without the fan.
You said something about once I transplant to the Ocean Forest again not to use nutes till the beginning of the 2nd week...I was planning on transplanting after I found out which plants were females, and I am going to keep 1 male so I can cross it with the blueberry. I just dont want to spend money on good soil that will be used for a plant that will have to be chopped down. Im not really worried about yield with this grow as I am getting a good mother and 1 male for breeding. Should I get Fox Farm Light Warrior soil instead of Ocean Forest since I wont be transplanting till at least the third week of flowering? Should I keep 2 males instead of one? Will that increase my chances of getting a desireable phenotype? I was a Biology major so I know a little bit about genetics but not too much.
Hopefully this grow will take off now that there is new soil.
Im out for now...:allgood:

Back
Top Bottom