1970's Latest & Greatest Organic Sativa Grow

re: 1970's Latest & Greatest Organic Sativa Grow

:thumb: looking outstanding sir!

:peace:

I think your journal has me sold on BPN. I will surly order them when I'm out. My bloom box came with a years worth of Nutes, but I don't want to late that long. But I'm super cheap too, hehe.

Your girls look great. I look at plant characteristics mire and differently after reading your discreptions. Thanx for the tips!!

beautimus!! they look goooooood! defo got some indo phenotypes showing thru,they will strecth for sure under that killer hps ! im still thrilled your maroc made it looking good not quite as densely noded as mine was but looking very similar, i just love these plants that have the tight node spacing,always seem to produce more weight, you can decrease the strtch some by using mh for the first couple 3 weeks till they start showing pistils the main reason they stretch it they are looking for light in nature no one changes the bulb halfway thru summer,its colorchange is gradual like the hours of darkness , as the chemistry of the plant changes the need for bluish light lessens, i have been reading on this, i was wondering why i never noticed stretch in outdoor and my plants grown under 6500k cfl's from seed to harvest, i never really noticed it being much to speak of till after i started with hps, just thought i would mention it since you just started flower, im gonna try it fully with my new ones when the times comes:thumb:

Did you say 45 gallon containers. wow surely a typo. Thats goina be some big ol girls hehee. Breaking bad on us now are we!:high-five:

Hey 1970's are those spots on the Strawberry Haze or is it just the light or the crinkling of the leaves? Your Purple maroc looks yummy.... That has to be one of my fav. strains. Just thought I would pop in and say HI now I will hide and watch some more

Shizznizzel... I just looked at your grow, caught up and Subbed. You got things going very well over there! Congrats!!!

I will be a regular visitor as your plants are the same age as mine. :bravo:

Hey 1970's are those spots on the Strawberry Haze or is it just the light or the crinkling of the leaves? Your Purple maroc looks yummy.... That has to be one of my fav. strains. Just thought I would pop in and say HI now I will hide and watch some more

The only spots are from when I get sloppy and spill some feed mix on the leaves. I did have some N deficiency which showed up on the lower leaves as I neglected them last week while working my job 16 hours per day last week.

I have heard and read many good things about purple Moroc but have yet to smoke any. It is many growers "Go To" smoke. Can you tell me why you like it so much? I am the same way with Super Lemon Haze. SLH is like no other I have smoked, Vaped, or bonged. It a massive high that you can do things with but lets you sleep if you want to. I am hoping Purple Maroc is similar in its ability to provide a great sativa high while it hauls my butt to bed for a good night sleep to.

What do you like about it?

I think your journal has me sold on BPN. I will surly order them when I'm out. My bloom box came with a years worth of Nutes, but I don't want to late that long. But I'm super cheap too, hehe.

Your girls look great. I look at plant characteristics mire and differently after reading your discreptions. Thanx for the tips!!

BPN Organic Farmers Pride is not the be all end all of nutes. You still need to watch what your plants are telling you and react quickly using organic changes. Organicly grown smoke is the bomb.

I was with a guy the other day sampling some SLH, Some ICE, and some Blue Mystic. ... all organically grow. He kept waiting for the smoke to expand in his lungs to force a cough! Not with my organic smoke. You can take in all you want as it doesn't expand in the youngs. It truth be known, your lungs just can't take the chemical fertz that are left in commercially grow medicine. Coughing out a chunck of lung and calling it "killer" is absolutely correct. Its killing you.

beautimus!! they look goooooood! defo got some indo phenotypes showing thru,they will strecth for sure under that killer hps ! im still thrilled your maroc made it looking good not quite as densely noded as mine was but looking very similar, i just love these plants that have the tight node spacing,always seem to produce more weight, you can decrease the strtch some by using mh for the first couple 3 weeks till they start showing pistils the main reason they stretch it they are looking for light in nature no one changes the bulb halfway thru summer,its colorchange is gradual like the hours of darkness , as the chemistry of the plant changes the need for bluish light lessens, i have been reading on this, i was wondering why i never noticed stretch in outdoor and my plants grown under 6500k cfl's from seed to harvest, i never really noticed it being much to speak of till after i started with hps, just thought i would mention it since you just started flower, im gonna try it fully with my new ones when the times comes:thumb:

THis makes a lot of sense. There is definitely something causing the stretch. Naturally I don't see a reason for these plants to stretch if they are getting the light they need. I have found the Eye Hortilux Super HPS does pretty well in the Blue spectrum according to this chart. The guy at the grow shop uses Eye Hortilux SUper HPS himself and sells more of the this bulb than any other.

Heres the spectrum ananlsys of this bulb. It seems to have everything we are looking for. I am open to help finding another bulb, but this one seems hard to beat.

I am happy with my results but am allways looking for something better that is not marketing bullshit.

Hortilux.PNG

1970s Grower said:
THis makes a lot of sense. There is definitely something causing the stretch. Naturally I don't see a reason for these plants to stretch if they are getting the light they need. I have found the Eye Hortilux Super HPS does pretty well in the Blue spectrum according to this chart. The guy at the grow shop uses Eye Hortilux SUper HPS himself and sells more of the this bulb than any other.

Heres the spectrum ananlsys of this bulb. It seems to have everything we are looking for. I am open to help finding another bulb, but this one seems hard to beat.

I am happy with my results but am allways looking for something better that is not marketing bullshit.

I keep my MH in for first 2-3 weeks of bloom, and I do believe it reduces stretch.

I researched the shit out of bulbs a few months back. EYE Hortilux HPS is still the best bloom bulb for your money IMO, and has more blue than others, like you mentioned. The only other bulb I'd consider for bloom would be by Ushio, but the ho-deluxe is still the best, IMO. Hortilux has the best spectrum, quality, every category. Ushio looks really good though, and not far off from hortilux. Ive heard they have insanely good quality, too. I may yet try the Ushios someday, but the hortis still are tops and easier to find.

Looking great '70s!

i have 3 different hps bulbs, an eye horti, a generic, and super hps from htg supply, my fav is the htg!! its specs are the same as the eye ho tee lox, but looks brighter to my eyes, nugs are denser, and its only 40 bux, propagator uses them too in fact it was he that said dont buy the hype buy the bulb, but like xlr8 i think its best to stay with your "veg" light (mh?) for the first 2 weeks of 12/12

Sure like to know about that one myself hashhound thats $30 cheaper than the agrosun I bought....

From what I've heard and observed, the big advantage in the horti's besides the spectrum is that they keep their brightness longer. Someone I trust compared a few bulbs and some of the cheaper bulbs were brighter at the beginning, but they faded considerably faster than the hortilux. I don't know... I'd like a cheaper alternative, but I haven't been able to see definitive proof that anything is as good for as long. I've never seen the HTG - do they hold up and stay bright over time like a hortilux? I used some of those cheapy Ultra Sun's for a while, and they lost a lot of light power fairly fast, you could see the difference between hortilux super hps of similar age, the hortilux was still pretty bright compared to the other....

I have used the HTG 400w HPS and MHConv when i stepped up a notch from cfl's and they seemed ok to me. sold it to a friend and he is still using it with no problems.

I am now suing Sunmaster 600 HPS and MHC with a Digital Greenhouse digital ballast.

the MHC had very limited use and crapped out the other day, but the year warranty was up. Might have been the GLR started this last grow, but who knows.

The only spots are from when I get sloppy and spill some feed mix on the leaves. I did have some N deficiency which showed up on the lower leaves as I neglected them last week while working my job 16 hours per day last week.

I have heard and read many good things about purple Moroc but have yet to smoke any. It is many growers "Go To" smoke. Can you tell me why you like it so much? I am the same way with Super Lemon Haze. SLH is like no other I have smoked, Vaped, or bonged. It a massive high that you can do things with but lets you sleep if you want to. I am hoping Purple Maroc is similar in its ability to provide a great sativa high while it hauls my butt to bed for a good night sleep to.

What do you like about it?
I think what I like the most about Purple Maroc is the fact that when I get a migraine I get the lights in my eyes before my head starts to hurt so I smoke some and the head ache either never comes or it is really light. I can still get up and do things it does not knock me out and I am able to do my school work. To me it is helps me be creative in my writing I have noticed I get better grades if I smoke Purple Maroc vs. other strains such as Blue Cheese or Cream Carmel. It does have a couple of down falls though. First it is not good for body pain and second munchies not just little I am hungry munchies it is more like I have not eaten in a week and I am not going to eat for another weeks so I will eat everything in the house munchies I have eaten to the point of waking up the next day sick to my stomach.

I just got back from Tucson after a 5 day trip and oh boy the girls were thirsty. I surely thought they would go 5-6 days between water/feed as my last grow in 3 gallon pots went 3-4 days. A couple Sativas were starting to wilt on the lower end.

I quickly mixed up a 5 gallon jugs of BPN as follows.. and fed the girls.

100 Grow 20ml/gal
150 Bloom 30ml/gal
100 Micro 20ml/gal
50 KBud 10 ml/gal
25 bioJuice 5ml/gal
25 Dark matter 5ml/gal

I appreciate everyones participation and comments while I was gone. I will respond shortly where appropriate. There is definitely a great discussion going on about bulbs.

Also, If anyone is not following Big Irish Doodes Journal you should check it out. There is a fantastic discussion about some new happenings with BLue Planet Nutrients. I have been trading emails with Corey and am really excited about the new products and will be introducing them to the girls.

Welcome back 1970sgrower!

xlr8.. If I wasn't so lazy today, I'd make the 1 hour drive to get a MH bulb. Next grow I will definitely do use MH for the first 2 weeks of 12/12.

Gotta go back to work tomorrow so I think I am just going veg myself today so I can flower for the rest of the week.

Back
Top Bottom