1970's Latest & Greatest Organic Sativa Grow

re: 1970's Latest & Greatest Blue Planet Nutrients Organic Sativa Grow

Gittergreen.. Thats one mother of a plant. You are going to have some yield when you flower that one! Oh my!

Lookin good 70's
I just love sativas!

back in the day... the 70s... Thats all the smoke we could get in the midwest... Sativas. Indicas were out in California but there was so little of it, it never made its way east.

Sativas are definitely more finicky to grow.

Woo Hoo !!! Danny's here. How have you been? I took a little leave of absence myself for a month or so.

I just spent the whole day in the flower closet....

Wash walls with Chlorine solution...Check
Wash Ceiling... Check
Vacuum and wash floor... Check
Wipe down the panda plastic on the door... Check
Dismantel fan and clean impeller... Check
Dismantel hood and clean.. Check
Wash hood glass... Check
Sanitize the carts the girls ride on... Check
Vacuum and Rinse the pre-filter... Check
Reassmeble everything and fire it up to test.. Check

All systems go Houston!!!

Now I just need to decide when to go to 12/12. I am on day 26 of Veg. I might go next weekend, I might not.

Heres some pictures from day 25...

Purple Haze #1 - I had to top this girl as she was just going crazy with growth. THe biggest baddest bitch in the garden.
Day_25_031.JPG

Day_25_030.JPG

Positronics - Purple Haze #1

Height: tall
Flowering time: 70 days
Harvest time: 25-30 Oct
Yield indoor: 400 gr/m2; Outdoor 350 gr/plant
THC: 22%
CBD: 0.2%

Produced from Mexican, South Indian and Thai variety until the '70, this plant has an incredible resin development. Produce a clear and energetic high.

This tipically outdoor Sativa is a very, very dark purple, almost black, with medium green leaves, brownish-red hairs, and lightlu coated with crystals. When breaking it up, the buds look like pieces of hash, they are THAT dark! The stems tasste like peppermint and buds smell like chlorophyll, very planty (like fresh cut grass). When smoked the bud tastes like a high grade outdoor Thai. Good for passing around a campfire! The high creeps on you, is spacey and a bit uplifting. Much bettter out of a bong than a joint or a pipe.

Great hybrid vigour, put in blooming as soon as possible

Sour AK47
- Some nice undergrowth considering the canopy is not letting much CFL light through.
Day_25_029.JPG

Day_25_028.JPG

Strain: Sour AK
Breeder: G13 Labs
Type: indica/sativa
Flowering: unknown
Only female seeds.

G13 Labs - Sour AK

Created by the cross of Sour Diesel x AK, this G13 Labs strain has a great yield, and the effect is completely medical and not too over-powering. Its parents allows it to be clone easily. She doesn't grow as tall as Sour Diesel. The Sour Diesel parent is giving the Sour AK ability to be one of the finest genetics available in current market. Sour Diesel THC is between 12%-15%.

I will put up more later..

That's such a nice selection of plants!

Yes it is a nice selection.. It may prove to be my downfall. Each one of these is going to need something different at different times. I don't relish mixing 11 nute potions each feeding to keep the girls happy. I tried to stay with mostly Sativas and thier needs are similar, but I am already seeing quite a bit of differences among the Sativas. I may have to gift or trash a couple plants. Ideally I would like 9 plants.

Here some more Day 25 pictures.

First up is Purple Moroc, my breach baby with the tap root that grew the wrong way. She had turned arround bery nicely and is growing well.
Day_25_027.JPG

Day_25_026.JPG

Female Seeds - Purple Maroc

A cross of Purple Power with a big fat tasty Maroccan mother.
While the mother has been selected on weight and taste, she adds power and resin production to the Purple Power. Both strains are super early and the fastest varieties available for outdoor in cold/mountain climates. This with the great taste of the Maroc it's an absolute winner.
Some buds will be light purple overloaded with resin. A true eye-candy!

Best sowing time is end of April.

Flowering period: 7 weeks
Height: 2 m. (when sown mid-May 1,5m)
Yield: Fast
Harvest outdoors: End Aug - September

Next is my Strawberry Haze... This thing has the tightest nodes I have ever seen. It doesn't even look like a Marijauna plant. it looks like a strawberr/lettuce cross. THis one will be fun to watch.
Day_25_024.JPG

Day_25_023.JPG

Green House Seeds - Arjan's Strawberry Haze

Genetics: Swiss sativa, NL5 Haze Mist.

Effect: Very mild body effect, strong cerebral high. Very creative and social. Voted best strain at the Green House V.I.S. Smoking Panel 2005.
Flowering indoor: most growers harvest after 10 weeks. A week longer will allow maximum flavour. Yield 500 to 600 gr/sqm.
Flowering outdoor: ready around end of October in the Northern hemisphere; around end of May in the Southern.
Yield up to 800 gr/plant.

THC: 11,02% CBD: 1,29% CBN: 0,48%

I'll post up 2 more tomorrow.:peace:

they are looking fantastic brother! i do see some possible issues with height as well as nutes, do you have a plan for the monstrous purple haze? that one will fill the room if you dont get knarley with the control!! lol perhaps a scrog? or lots of lst/topping, maybe you should start some of the longer flowering stretchier gals in now and the smaller shorter ones in after a week or 2 more veg, just some ideas for you to play with, your gonna have some great new flavors to play with thats for sure:thumb:

:popcorn: Like the descriptions - I've always wanted to try that Arjans Strawberry Haze. :yummy:

Jameswri85.... That's a great technique if you are good at math! I have worked my last grow that way. I had 5 strains with that grow. I will definitely have to do it as you said.

Xlr8.... I am still not sure if this Strawberry Haze plant is 100% marijuana. It just looks likes its a cross with something else. I've got a few hazes in this grow. I just loved the Super Lemon Haze my last grow. It is definitely my favorite medicine so far.

I am going to transplant some of the largest plants to 5 gallon pots this weekend. I have the following for my soil mix. My hope is to provide enough organic PK through mid/late flower.

I am starting with Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil.

I am adding some Espoma pellet lime to assure Calcium uptake and add a PH buffer as I am using RO water.
Espoma-GL5-rw-205998-314583.jpg

I am adding some Dr. Earth Kelp Meal to boost potassium levels.
Kelp-Meal.jpg

I am adding some Dr. Earth Soft Rock Phosphate to help boost the Phosphorous
hyv-17600_1z.jpg

F

Well I have finished up my soil mix. In addition to the above I have added the following items

To assure a good supply of Phosphorous for the flower period I chose Peruvian Bat Guano. In addition to the Rock Phoshate the Peruvian Guano should be more immediately available whereas the Rock Phosphate needs time to work.
IndonesianBatGuano-2_2lb.jpg

The Epsom Salts are to assure enough magnesium and Sulpher. My hope is supply enough magnesium in addition to the calcium in the Espoma Garden Lime so I do not have to use Cal/Mag Plus. Calmag Plus is expensive in terms of PPM come feeding time.
epsom-salts-lg.jpg

Of course we need lots MyMychorhizae to keep everything brewing in the soil. In addition to enzymes provided in Norwegean Kelp Meal and Rock Phosphate I hope to be in good shape in the enzyme department.
BPN_Root_Magic.jpg

The almost final 70s Soil Mix...

Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil as a base
1 cup/cubic foot - Dr. Earth Soft Rock Phosphate -
1/2 cup/cubic foot - Dr. Earth Premium Kelp Meal
1 cup - Espoma Garden Lime
1/2 cup/cubic foot - Indonesion Bat Guano
1/4 cup/cubic foot - Epsom Salts
2 tbl/cubic ft - BPN Root mgic Mychorhizae

If anyone sees anything missing please let me know.

1/2 cup of azomite, worm castings, kitchen sink. to make all that good stuff available you should make a compost tea and water it in and let it sit covered for as long as your plants can wait. Be careful the soil will be very alive I would put this in the bottom half and put strait
ffof in the upper parts. This is what a lot of organic growers are doing with great success. I hope this helps.

^^ Great tips Gittergreen. I had read that about just using the hot stuff for the bottom and letting the girls roots lick at the hot stuff if they want it. Then on the other hand since I recently translplanted to 1 gal pots with straight FFOF. I though maybe I had enough original soil. I think I will take your advice and just put this soil in the bottom.

I can't get azomite on short notice unfortunately.

This particular mix is purposely a little low on Nitrogen as it is a flower soil mix. It won't be used for veg'ing plants.

they are looking fantastic brother! i do see some possible issues with height as well as nutes, do you have a plan for the monstrous purple haze? that one will fill the room if you dont get knarley with the control!! lol perhaps a scrog? or lots of lst/topping, maybe you should start some of the longer flowering stretchier gals in now and the smaller shorter ones in after a week or 2 more veg, just some ideas for you to play with, your gonna have some great new flavors to play with thats for sure:thumb:

Great point. Height issue are already a problem. I have "pot props" made out of 2" x 6" lumber that I use to adjust height in my cabinet. I am already topping the big'ns twice. The sativas dominants are going to be out of control during the stretch. I think I will start those to flower now as you said.

As always, I appreciate the feedback/tips.

You should grow some great cannabis with what you have in your mix. bpn will make up for the rest as you have proven with your last grow.

Back
Top Bottom