1st Time Grow With DWC Top Feed Burmese Kush

Your gunna rock the shit outta your new system . just don't be discouraged when something goes sideways, it happens to everyone!

Keep rockin cause your rolling buddy!

My sterilite tubs made me feel like the kid riding the shitty banana seater while you all had bmx's lol. So I had to have something cool and shiny to fit in! The only thing I like about my initial setup is how well the top feed worked, I haven't figured out how I'll do it on the new system yet but it will be incorporated for sure.

My sterilite tubs made me feel like the kid riding the shitty banana seater while you all had bmx's lol. So I had to have something cool and shiny to fit in! The only thing I like about my initial setup is how well the top feed worked, I haven't figured out how I'll do it on the new system yet but it will be incorporated for sure.
Your kicking the shit out of my growth rates in promix ;P banana seat bikes aren't all that bad ;)

Well I did steal your lst technique with the cross wires as something to tie onto, so these bushes have big strange written all over them.
Lol well I hope yours blow mine outta the water . excited to see what you do with it!

Looks like it might be time raise the tent cam.
IMG_282317.JPG
:high-five:

So I just filled up the rdwc to leak check and all 5 bottom bulkheads are holding water, one of the top 5 has a dribble but they weren't silicones as I nvever got around to testing water height while I was pissing water all over the garage the other day lol. So needless to say the aquarium silicone worked like a charm and should work for the top bulkheads too now woohoo!:cheer:

So I just filled up the rdwc to leak check and all 5 bottom bulkheads are holding water, one of the top 5 has a dribble but they weren't silicones as I nvever got around to testing water height while I was pissing water all over the garage the other day lol. So needless to say the aquarium silicone worked like a charm and should work for the top bulkheads too now woohoo!:cheer:
Im so glad for you. Leaks suck.

So I left the water in overnight to see if it would hold and two bulkhead had a little puddle under them so I need to decide on new buckets or a stop tray for the floor of the tent. Oh well lol.
Wipeout

So I left the water in overnight to see if it would hold and two bulkhead had a little puddle under them so I need to decide on new buckets or a stop tray for the floor of the tent. Oh well lol.
I hope this isn't the case, but the manufacturer of bulkheads I use, Hayward,specifies a minimum "tank radius" per application. Meaning, when their product is used on a radial surface (round)there is a minimum radius their product will safely seal. They specify both ridgid and flexible applications. I would call your buckets flexible until you got very close to the bottom of the bucket. For simplicity let's just call them flexible. They aren't steel. The bottom line is the little rubber doughnut can only be squeezed so much.

Let's exaggerate the problem and look at it like this... If you have a 10 inch bucket but wanted to add a 3 inch bulkhead to the bucket. It would be asking a hell of a lot of the gasket to seal completely. In the drawing the bucket is gray. The bulkhead is red (and incomplete) and the gasket is blue.
420-magazine-mobile2077099898.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1927303136.jpg

Your bulkhead is nowhere near this size obviously, but do you see what im saying?

What I'm getting at is you may do better by using something with straight sides... I just took the scenic route to get here haha

I hope this isn't the case, but the manufacturer of bulkheads I use, Hayward,specifies a minimum "tank radius" per application. Meaning, when their product is used on a radial surface (round)there is a minimum radius their product will safely seal. They specify both ridgid and flexible applications. I would call your buckets flexible until you got very close to the bottom of the bucket. For simplicity let's just call them flexible. They aren't steel. The bottom line is the little rubber doughnut can only be squeezed so much.

Let's exaggerate the problem and look at it like this... If you have a 10 inch bucket but wanted to add a 3 inch bulkhead to the bucket. It would be asking a hell of a lot of the gasket to seal completely. In the drawing the bucket is gray. The bulkhead is red (and incomplete) and the gasket is blue.
420-magazine-mobile2077099898.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1927303136.jpg

Your bulkhead is nowhere near this size obviously, but do you see what im saying?

What I'm getting at is you may do better by using something with straight sides... I just took the scenic route to get here haha

Oh I get ya the bulkheads themselves are probably fine but I drilled the holes 2-1/2 inches where as a 2-3/8th hole is required and the silicone isn't compatible with pvc so I'm triple shit out of luck, so I'm getting new buckets and some pool silicone and a tutor to teach me to read packages before buying the wrong shit! And if the new ones leak fuckit drop tray it is. I'm just dreading peeling off the aquarium silicone from the bulkheads.

Oh I get ya the bulkheads themselves are probably fine but I drilled the holes 2-1/2 inches where as a 2-3/8th hole is required and the silicone isn't compatible with pvc so I'm triple shit out of luck, so I'm getting new buckets and some pool silicone and a tutor to teach me to read packages before buying the wrong shit! And if the new ones leak fuckit drop tray it is. I'm just dreading peeling off the aquarium silicone from the bulkheads.
Ha ha youre killing me! You'll get it, i got faith in you.

Just quadruple your nutes. Those salts will seal anything!

I didn't use silicone on my build. My bulkheads screwed right on my 5 Gallon buckets. I did use PVC primer and cement on the inside of the bulkhead to secure the PVC extensions. I don't have any leaks yet. *knock on wood... "Come in!"
My pots are hexagonal so the walls are straight. But they do have some draft to them. It wouldn't work if I used PVC so i went with 2" hose
420-magazine-mobile2057966120.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1462180675.jpg
420-magazine-mobile480468524.jpg

Ok so hole size is probably fine but the fast that I have the gasket on the nut side is my problem, I figured it needed to be inside the bucket but it needs to be on the flange and that's where I'm having so much trouble. Now hopefully my gaskets aren't fucked but I have 5 new bulkheads arriving in the morning in case I need them.

Ok so hole size is probably fine but the fast that I have the gasket on the nut side is my problem, I figured it needed to be inside the bucket but it needs to be on the flange and that's where I'm having so much trouble. Now hopefully my gaskets aren't fucked but I have 5 new bulkheads arriving in the morning in case I need them.
I guess it depends on which direction you are using it. I've always had it on the inside. But you would never be able to seal the threads if you put it on the nut side... unless you painted on the aquarium bondo.

Man youre on it. Already got reinforcements on the way

Back
Top Bottom