1st Time Grow With DWC Top Feed Burmese Kush

Nice. I'm very impressed with your new system. Looks like an Undercurrent minus the crazy cost. I wish i could share pictures, but i think I'm still too new here. I don't have permission rights.

I found the pieces but the design is courtesy of rider809 and Scrogdawg, it's a combination of their two systems that I put together with pictures and guesswork. As for uploading if you click on gallery up in the menu bar then upload you are able to upload as soon as you are a member, it's actually really easy to do. I'm not familiar with undercurrent but if that what I got awesome lol! All in this build cost me 460$ and only 380$ once I take back all the shit I didn't use so I dunno how much a pre. Holy is but I hoe I save some money cause I worked like a frighten dog finding the components. Now it's just waiting the 48hrs for the aquarium silicone to cure before I try water testing again. The first run all the bulkhead leaked just a little bit so I pulled them out and put the silicone in, I'm praying this will work cause I don't know what my next course of action is after this, maybe new buckets and smaller holes I dunno.

I found the pieces but the design is courtesy of rider809 and Scrogdawg, it's a combination of their two systems that I put together with pictures and guesswork. As for uploading if you click on gallery up in the menu bar then upload you are able to upload as soon as you are a member, it's actually really easy to do. I'm not familiar with undercurrent but if that what I got awesome lol! All in this build cost me 460$ and only 380$ once I take back all the shit I didn't use so I dunno how much a pre. Holy is but I hoe I save some money cause I worked like a frighten dog finding the components. Now it's just waiting the 48hrs for the aquarium silicone to cure before I try water testing again. The first run all the bulkhead leaked just a little bit so I pulled them out and put the silicone in, I'm praying this will work cause I don't know what my next course of action is after this, maybe new buckets and smaller holes I dunno.
Under Current is a manufacturer of DWC system. A 6 site small system is about $1100. So you done good my man.

Im using my phone to talk to you guys. I've tried in as a desktop version, uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice, worked with the settings. I've looked at the 420 info page. Not sure what my story is. Every forum is different, there's always something new you gotta learn. Never had this issue. The prompt reads you may not have permission to do this (something like that) when I go the load a picture. I don't have permission

Bulkhead fittings can suck. One problem may have been that they were overtightened. It's really easy to do. I'm sure you put the little rubber gasket thingy on the wet side of the container right? Using them in a round container can suck if the fitting is too large for the radius of the tub. The problem with overtightening the fitting is it can change the shape of the part. And finally... buy good fittings. I use Hayward. They are built tough, and they give you a ton of options, sizes, material, gasket material. The down side is they are spendy. I only ever had a problem with adding a 2 inch hose nipple to a 2 inch bulkhead. You can't use tape for the same reason you shouldnt overtightening the bulkhead, dimensional stability. If it's overtightened the thread distorts and the threads no longer mate like they should

Under Current is a manufacturer of DWC system. A 6 site small system is about $1100. So you done good my man.

Im using my phone to talk to you guys. I've tried in as a desktop version, uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice, worked with the settings. I've looked at the 420 info page. Not sure what my story is. Every forum is different, there's always something new you gotta learn. Never had this issue. The prompt reads you may not have permission to do this (something like that) when I go the load a picture. I don't have permission

Bulkhead fittings can suck. One problem may have been that they were overtightened. It's really easy to do. I'm sure you put the little rubber gasket thingy on the wet side of the container right? Using them in a round container can suck if the fitting is too large for the radius of the tub. The problem with overtightening the fitting is it can change the shape of the part. And finally... buy good fittings. I use Hayward. They are built tough, and they give you a ton of options, sizes, material, gasket material. The down side is they are spendy. I only ever had a problem with adding a 2 inch hose nipple to a 2 inch bulkhead. You can't use tape for the same reason you shouldnt overtightening the bulkhead, dimensional stability. If it's overtightened the thread distorts and the threads no longer mate like they should
You don't use tape on a threaded nipple (ouch) you use pipe dope. I left that out

Nice. I'm very impressed with your new system. Looks like an Undercurrent minus the crazy cost. I wish i could share pictures, but i think I'm still too new here. I don't have permission rights.

Just use the app. It's really easier, i thought i couldn't too but as soon as I use the app, never used the website again.

Well Ontario, they are looking really well and big for only 17-18 days. Keep up the good work, I don't really know much about hydro but it sure looks like a hell of a set up ! Gogo for the big yields and quality buds!
See ya.

Just use the app. It's really easier, i thought i couldn't too but as soon as I use the app, never used the website again.

Well Ontario, they are looking really well and big for only 17-18 days. Keep up the good work, I don't really know much about hydro but it sure looks like a hell of a set up ! Gogo for the big yields and quality buds!
See ya.
Yeah the desktop version is a headache on a phone. I'm using the app now. And have been for a little while

Untitled-712.jpg

Man oh man I needed this on Monday lol. I have a 2-1/4 hole saw and a 2-1/2. If i knew about this i'd of bought the 25$ proper size hole saw and actually been way ahead with the cost of aquarium silicone and two wrong sized hole saws.
Oh crud. I'm a little surprised a diagram like that didn't come with your parts. The deal is it may seal, but when you move it, it may not. I've never used a sealant, you mau be fine.

"Going off" is a Hawaiian term used for epic large surf. There's a little more to it, but I'll spare you. For the record, I'm not Hawaiian, nor a surfer. I was a "sponger" (bodyboarder) here in Southern California, but that was 100 pounds ago. Ha Ha.

LMAO, I remember when body boarders first started hitting the waves in serious numbers. We called them speedbumps. You'd get some dickhead who shoulder-hopped your wave and we'd ride over his legs if we could. If one was on the wave in front of you he was a speedbump and fair game. Gawd, we were pricks back then.

LMAO, I remember when body boarders first started hitting the waves in serious numbers. We called them speedbumps. You'd get some dickhead who shoulder-hopped your wave and we'd ride over his legs if we could. If one was on the wave in front of you he was a speedbump and fair game. Gawd, we were pricks back then.
You wouldn't surf where I body boarded

You wouldn't surf where I body boarded

Lemme guess, The Wedge? That swell was always crowded with body surfers and Boogie boarders. Almost lost a friend there during a storm swell.

Edit: If it was in Hawaii then I'm going to guess Sandy's. That's a gnarly beach break that will pound sand up your backside if you don't respect the ocean.

Lemme guess, The Wedge? That swell was always crowded with body surfers and Boogie boarders. Almost lost a friend there during a storm swell.
No. Waaay too popular. One of my favorite pictures of the Wedge was a parting shot in Surfer, probably 30 years ago. A surfer in about 6 inches of water brave as hell about to be eaten by a thick ass wave.

Laguna had some fun beach break... Cres street, Thousand Steps, even Aliso Pier had its moments when a storm hit. Wind up getting sick for a couple days from all the crap coming down the creek. The good ole days!

No. Waaay too popular. One of my favorite pictures of the Wedge was a parting shot in Surfer, probably 30 years ago. A surfer in about 6 inches of water brave as hell about to be eaten by a thick ass wave.

Laguna had some fun beach break... Cres street, Thousand Steps, even Aliso Pier had its moments when a storm hit. Wind up getting sick for a couple days from all the crap coming down the creek. The good ole days!
I almost drowned at Thousand Steps once. I swam on a club team for 6 years and played polo... fairly strong swimmer.

Day 17 Veg

Tubs are nice and cool at 67f. Ph is 5.9 and 5.85. Room is staying around 77-80f. They have responded to the lst and are growing sideways now.
IMG_281919.JPG
IMG_281825.JPG

They are bushing out every day and I'm starting to wonder what day you guys flip to 12/12?
Right now I'd say they are ranging between 4"-7 inches tall so obviously I want at three times was they are now right?
IMG_281717.JPG
IMG_281620.JPG
IMG_281522.JPG
IMG_281422.JPG
IMG_281315.JPG
IMG_281219.JPG

Well that's today's update, time for some bongs then bed I work early in the morning. Have a good night all:high-five: .

Edit: If it was in Hawaii then I'm going to guess Sandy's. That's a gnarly beach break that will pound sand up your backside if you don't respect the ocean.
I would body surf in Hawaii, but thats about it. Had some fun just outside of Kapaa. I would never bring a board to Hawaii. Brock Little' s brother Clark just put out a movie on HBO. Outstanding stuff. That guy has the coolest job ever

Crazy bushy man, growth rates are on steroids!

Crazy bushy man, growth rates are on steroids!

I only have outdoor to compare but I was thinking the same thing to be honest, they seem to double in size every other day and I'm waiting for it to slow down but it hasn't seemed to. I wish they'd get a little more space between nodes, but I'm not sad at the bushiness. They're on week3 of their nutes which is a 2.5ml/gal of grow micro and bloom with 2ml of hydroguard in my shitty de chlorinated tap water. I don't know it seems to be working so lol like I said I'm gonna ride it til my beginners luck runs out.

Back
Top Bottom