2 Girls & 1 Kit: Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors, Summer 2015

Awesome major......can't believe they are so big......get a pic of the trunk and a pop can next time would ya.......would love to see her under side......lol:lot-o-toke:

Here ya go, bro - probably a bit of a disappointment. I know these girls would be much bigger if they weren't in pots. I can't tell yet what the roots are doing outside the pots, but inside is one tight, packed root ball. They are completely rootbound.

See that red circle? That's going to be my re-veg. :rofl:
AoS_08-12-15.jpg

I would leave more than that, maybe the bottom node or two on a few branches. I cut one down really hard like that and she died before starting new growth, the one I left more on had no problems:thumb:

:rofl:...........reveg...........wow I think she is huge......so you think you will have to water alot during bloom in they are root bound......moist soil........

Right now they are each drinking an average of 1 gallon in the pots per day.
I also keep the surrounding soil watered to keep things moist - probably another 1-2 gallons per day. I won't know how far the roots reach beyond the pots until after the chop, so I don't know how much of that extra soil and water they are getting.

scratching stuff into the top of the soil: I cut up a DBHB kit bottle so that it had a pointy shovel on it and used it for this.

Cool idea! I love DIY stuff.
I have a good tool for the job but the roots are so dense I feel like I'd do some damage if I really tried to work the Recharge in much.
No worries - I got it spread out and VERY lightly scratched, then covered with a thin layer of EWC.
Claw5.jpg

They look very good and I think your plan to start amending your soil towards High Brix is the only reasonable plan for outdoor. I actually figured it that way too before I planted this season. If your roots are at least 2-3 feet deep till early flowering you'd have to dig up your garden with a bulldozer to replace the soil with ProMix and that's just against any organic method of farming there is :Namaste:

They look very good and I think your plan to start amending your soil towards High Brix is the only reasonable plan for outdoor. I actually figured it that way too before I planted this season. If your roots are at least 2-3 feet deep till early flowering you'd have to dig up your garden with a bulldozer to replace the soil with ProMix and that's just against any organic method of farming there is :Namaste:

Yep. :thumb:

Agreed. It can only get better and better.

All caught up. Things are looking really good Major! I can't wait to see the size of those buds. :high-five:
Thanks Neiko!!

I went for a walk this morning. Before I was 2 miles away from home I passed at least 6 MJ grows. That might not sound like a lot, but these were all grows where I could actually see the plants. I live in the sticks. In 2 miles I probably only passed 50 homes. I'm sure there were plenty of others growing but if I couldn't seem 'em, I didn't count 'em.

It is great to see things the way it should be: corn, tomatoes, squash, cannabis all growing in veggie gardens in front of god and everyone.

Great read. Going to be using Docs kit, for veggies (tomato,peppers,carrots)in containers this fall. Any tips in advance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Good Luck

I went for a walk this morning. Before I was 2 miles away from home I passed at least 6 MJ grows. That might not sound like a lot, but these were all grows where I could actually see the plants. I live in the sticks. In 2 miles I probably only passed 50 homes. I'm sure there were plenty of others growing but if I couldn't seem 'em, I didn't count 'em.

It is great to see things the way it should be: corn, tomatoes, squash, cannabis all growing in veggie gardens in front of god and everyone.

While the world goes to hell, we find pockets of sanity all around us. The more folks growing and using the herb, the better off all of us are. This is great news!

Great read. Going to be using Docs kit, for veggies (tomato,peppers,carrots)in containers this fall. Any tips in advance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Good Luck

Great to see you SWOGA!
I'd love to follow that grow.
My best advice: Follow the instructions and ask questions.
I wish I had more experience to offer, but there are plenty of helpful growers here to support you. :high-five:

While the world goes to hell, we find pockets of sanity all around us. The more folks growing and using the herb, the better off all of us are. This is great news!
:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom