2nd Run Ever: Cheese Auto & Cement Shoes Photo From Canuk Seeds, Join Me!

Just pulled a few leaves off of the amnesia, had some bud sight blockage happening.
20200414_091405.jpg

And I meant to include this in the previous post but.
Jack herer - day 49, week 7 of flower

Amnesia - day 24, week 3.5ish of flower

Cement shoes - day 28, week 4 flower

Thanks @Backlipslide . Been really busy the last week or so, we are in the process of packing every thing and getting ready to move. We'll be moving in June so I should have time to finish all but the clones. But 95% of my spare time has been devoted to painting cabinets, doing yard work, packing, and cleaning. So I've been a little lazy on the journal lately, but not a ton happening, just waiting for time to pass! :cough: :straightface:

:rollit::bong::420:

Thanks @Backlipslide . Been really busy the last week or so, we are in the process of packing every thing and getting ready to move. We'll be moving in June so I should have time to finish all but the clones. But 95% of my spare time has been devoted to painting cabinets, doing yard work, packing, and cleaning. So I've been a little lazy on the journal lately, but not a ton happening, just waiting for time to pass! :cough: :straightface:

:rollit::bong::420:
Moving can be a stressful time!! Good luck with the move!! You guys moving to a different city, or other side of town?

Right on @InTheShed . I kinda ghetto rigged a little drying box for the cheese, it won't hold much more. I'll snap a pic tomorrow. I hot glued a small 80mm computer fan in the bottom pulling air out, it may have been a little too much though. Because it was barely 6.5 days before the cheese was dry, I've always heard 7-10 days is optimal. If I'd left it 10 days it would have all crumbled to dust i feel. So maybe I had a bit too much airflow with that little fan in the little box. Temp stayed between 60-65, 40-50% rh. I'll have to get a bigger box and try again using the same fan for the Jack. See if I can get a little bit slower dry.

Because it was barely 6.5 days before the cheese was dry, I've always heard 7-10 days is optimal.
If you can slow it down that's great, but don't sweat the difference between 6½ and 7 days. Folks in dry climates may only dry for 3-4 days. A long hang-dry just means you need less burping time before you seal it for the cure. I may be over the top with mine, but I don't seal for 3 weeks from chop, which in my ideal world would be 7 days hanging and two weeks of burping (more time in week 1 and less time in week 2). Then I seal them as close to 62% RH as I can get them with a Boveda 62 and put them away for a month before anyone gets to taste them.

That sounds ideal for sure, once I have a little stash to sit on ill try to follow a similar dry to cure process.

I just felt the cheese dried a bit too fast because it seemed to almost lose its smell. Until you break open or grind a nug.

Back
Top Bottom