700/900 Watt Mars Hydro - Double 3x3 Tent - OG Kush - Chocolope - Urkle - NLxBB

it would be really nice if I could manage an average of 2 oz per plant for my grow but I doubt they would come to that much, mind you you never can tell until the weigh up how much you have.
I notice you harvested your plants at around the 10 week mark, did you see any more significant weight gain within the last week or so ? or was it more a case of just finishing up. Heres a pic of my girls below,

day_52_of_flowering_group_shot1.jpg

Yea I still notice growth after the 8 week mark but most of that last 14 days is for the trichs to amber out more for me.........

Well I had about 20 of the lil lights in one section of my Mars 700 go out. Got this one brand new from a friend of mine who owns a horticulture store. He got 2 sample 700s at a cheaper cost. My 900 is running fine but ill probably replace the 700 with a 600w hps cooltube set up. And since 85-90% of the lights are still working on the 700 I may see if I can fit it in with the 900. My friend said he will most likely get me that hps set up Sunday for a small fee since I got it from him. Ill post a few pics of the set up change if drastic.

Also Just started week 9 of flower for my 1 OG Skywalker and 1 Chocolope I have in the 900 tent. And just put 4 Dinafem OG Kush and 2 more Chocolope into flower yesterday with their official day 1 of flower being Sunday. Never repotted those 3 Snoop OGs and just left them in the 1 gallon pots. So they are in week 3 of flower now and Im basically just watering every other day to see how much bud they will produce. I think they are in week 3 of flower.

Hopefully I get that light tomorrow though and take a few more pics............

Thats to bad about your light. How long have you been running it for? You seemed to get a good result with the Mars so it will be interesting to see what you think of running the Hps. :Rasta:

Hey Atlien0079,
Congrats on your previous harvest, I had been following along, but at some point I couldn't find your journal. Just found it again, I was listening to Outkast- "Me and You" which is on the Atlien album and then I remembered your user name and then I was able to find your journal.
Regarding your 700w, it is just probably your power supply that stopped working, that is why all those diodes went out at once. It is a simple fix. If your light is still under warranty Mars Hydro will send you another one. All you have to do is unplug the old one and put in the new one and your back up and running.

Hey Atlien0079,
Congrats on your previous harvest, I had been following along, but at some point I couldn't find your journal. Just found it again, I was listening to Outkast- "Me and You" which is on the Atlien album and then I remembered your user name and then I was able to find your journal.
Regarding your 700w, it is just probably your power supply that stopped working, that is why all those diodes went out at once. It is a simple fix. If your light is still under warranty Mars Hydro will send you another one. All you have to do is unplug the old one and put in the new one and your back up and running.

Thank you for the info! Yea I brought the 700 off a friend who had it up as a sample light in his store. He ran it for about a week before he sold it to me. I ran it for about 4 months until that section went out. I don't think Mars will help since I got it from him and he said he asked for help with it and he was like they said "it was a sample light". But its all good my 900 is under warranty.

My friend did delivery on the 600w hps ballast and light fixture since the Mars isn't completely working. I just had to buy the bulb. So I took the Mars 700w unit out of the tent and moved it into the bigger tent along with the Mars 900w (side by side). Since a section of 20 diodes are out and the 5 watt diodes run at 3 watts so that's pretty much that unit losing 60 watts of power. So Before hand the Mars 700 was pushing 350 watts. Now its roughly pushing 290 watts. So together with the Mars 900w unit that pushes 450 watts that's a combined total of 740 watts!!! So the LED tent will definitely be pumping out some nice buds.

It hasn't been to long since I had my 150w and 400w hps light fixtures lighting up my closet but goodness this 600w hps set up is super bright!!! The fixture is one of the tube shaped cylinders that contains the light bulb and reflective surface at the top of the tube. I think its the air cooled tube joints eventhough I didn't hook my fan filter to it. It was alil warmer in both tents so I raised the power on both out take fans.

Will post pics when I get a chance................super busy!!! :phew::phew::phew:

HERE IS AN UPDATE OF MY GROW AREA

Mars 700 with the small section of lights out......... :rollingeyes::rollingeyes::rollingeyes:

IMG_65527.JPG

Moved the Mars 700 in along with the Mars 900 giving me roughly 740 watts of purple power :circle-of-love:

IMG_65648.JPG

IMG_65679.JPG

IMG_65657.JPG

IMG_65666.JPG

Smaller tent which use to house the Mars 700 now has been switched out for the 600 watt hps set up.

IMG_65726.JPG

IMG_656810.JPG

IMG_65705.JPG

Havnt made any changes to the closet just have 2 large Durkle #2's on deck ready to take the places of the Chocolope and Skywalker Kush in week 9 of flower. 1 Momma Chocolope and a few clones of everything..........

IMG_65746.JPG

Hopefully my power bill doesnt go crazy lol

:rollit:

what do you consider crazy?? Aprox. what do you pay monthly for that?? haha, seems like all that might be costly to run. Obviously its paying off though.

It usually will hover around 160-180$ when both tents where on 12/12. If I have one on 12/12 and one on 18/6 its around 220$ in the summer when the area needs more A/C. And all of that doenst include the T5 and acouple cfls running in the closet 18/6. So Im guessing adding another 600 watts will up the bill another 40-60$ I guess...........We shall see

It usually will hover around 160-180$ when both tents where on 12/12. If I have one on 12/12 and one on 18/6 its around 220$ in the summer when the area needs more A/C. And all of that doenst include the T5 and acouple cfls running in the closet 18/6. So Im guessing adding another 600 watts will up the bill another 40-60$ I guess...........We shall see

Hey Atlien....flower rm. looks fine, nice wattage in there, should kick ass for ya. Have you considered solar? I have it, love it, made indoor affordable for me.
:goodjob: :Namaste:

Hey Atlien....flower rm. looks fine, nice wattage in there, should kick ass for ya. Have you considered solar? I have it, love it, made indoor affordable for me.
:goodjob: :Namaste:

Naw don't have solar power! Wish I did though. Would be nice to have alil free energy from the sun. The upfront cost to equip my spot with that would probably be too much for me. How much did your solar panels and install cost you? and does it power everything or just your grow space?

Solar prices are declining. I paid $3.39/watt. 30% fed. tx. credit is added incentive. ~$12K down to ~$9K after tx. credit. Yes, powers everything. Now running 2 tents at 800w combined & will add 3 more panels. Takes a few yrs. to reach break-even, but once there, sweet! Green & addictive...can track daily use & power generated. :Namaste:

Forgot to mention....paid $21 for entire house in 1st full yr.

Solar prices are declining. I paid $3.39/watt. 30% fed. tx. credit is added incentive. ~$12K down to ~$9K after tx. credit. Yes, powers everything. Now running 2 tents at 800w combined & will add 3 more panels. Takes a few yrs. to reach break-even, but once there, sweet! Green & addictive...can track daily use & power generated. :Namaste:

Forgot to mention....paid $21 for entire house in 1st full yr.

Damn thats awesome!!! Might need to put something away for that kind of set up myself. Thanks for the info

Thanxx for having us... unsubbed

Very nice indeed! I also have a Mars II 700 in the 3x3x6 and just harvested a OG Holy Grail and a Fire OG and the trich production was great...will update you with some numbers once all is dried and cured! Good growing brotha!

*UPDATE*
Ended up with about 3 and three quarter zips of Fire OG Kush, and only about a couple of grams shy of 2 zips of the Holy Grail (Kush). So not too bad overall. But will be running some of their clones real soon in a journal (i hope very soon) With alot more bending and shapimg of my plants too try and increase my canopy coverage, and therefore increasing my yield. (Again, hopefully) So for anybody interested...keep your eyes peeled! I'm out!
Sparks

Back
Top Bottom