I had a plan. I screwed it up by forgetting about its details early on. The result is that 2 autos are well into flower and all they had had in terms of ‘ferts’, until yesterday, is a single TP drench :eye-roll:, and a Brix spray. Yesterday they were ready enough so both the DDa and the Early Miss got a Growth Ionic drench.

I had the camera out for a minute yesterday and did some experimentation w camera settings. These are taken just outside the tent, in its very very bright light. I was trying to see how dark I could get them while disappearing the background and still showing anything at all.

I definitely need to stop looking at my pics on the iPad so much for brightness/colour settings etc. These are practically invisibly black on my iPad, and much brighter on my phone and computer screen, where they look more like what I was after. I wonder what they will look like to others...

Interesting to note that the pinkness in the pistils is some kind of effect of light - or the lighting is bringing out a colour that just isn’t visibly there under bright light.

:Namaste:

I don't need to do that. I've logged on with my desktop computer and they look fine. Nice and moody like I was after :) My iPad screen sucks I'm realising. It is very dull. I definitely shouldn't use it to adjust brightness or colour on my pics. Some of my brighter ones must look a bit silly on a different screen.

Hullo Amy, :passitleft: Just checking in and I gotta say, cool pics of the DDA! I was doing an LST on my White Widow and it split right down the middle! I dripped fresh aloe sap and bound it together with a pipe cleaner and so far it looks ok. I'll get pics later. Hope you all are well as can be. Stay safe and stay stoned.

dripped fresh aloe sap and bound it together with a pipe cleaner and so far it looks ok
I'm sure it will be fine! It's always such a horrible moment... the sound :eek: I've never seen one yet that didn't recover superbly :thumb:

cool pics of the DDA!
Thanks wak! It's always nice when experiments produce something good :D Hope you're having a grand day today, with adequate medication...
:passitleft:

Excellent pics, Amy - Beautiful representation of the aptly named "Dark Devil"!

It's always such a horrible moment... the sound
When I crack something, (which happens more often than I'd like) I seal the air out with Elmers glue, seems to help with the healing- you can just peel it off after the branch heals up-or just leave it, it doesn't hurt anything.

Hi @Amy Gardner! I've got a seat in the stands. I'm a newbie grower, and came across your great work while reading @Katins ' threads from 2019. Am looking to start my first indoor grow in a couple of weeks. Currently have an outdoor 'practice' plant. Looking to learn all I can! Cheers :cheer:

High ho folks! I’ve been really enjoying a lazy-ish Saturday. Began with DDA wake n bake this morning - shared across the seas with a virtual buddy...

After lunch I had my new favourite 1 CBD infused carob seashell and 1 Bubba Hash infused ’bedtime’ starburst
:drool:
It’s a lovely hit for pain. They have about 8-10 mg of THC & CBD (I take a bit more CBD under the tongue most days, but not saturdays). Anyhoo they’re a delicious combination.

Last batch of CBD ones (seashells) I added a tiny amount of edible peppermint essential oil and it‘s perfect.

The Bubba Hash ones have a spectacular flavour all on their own that I cant even describe - fruity chocolate? ANyway, here I am, cruising nicely 90minutes after ingestion and I found this from Hash Girl so decided to bring it over here to answer.

May I please have the recipe for your Bubba Hash Starbursts, which I'm assuming could be Raspberry Cough Starbursts or Dark Devils Starbursts or what have you, right?
Indeed they could be HG! Dark Devil ones would be super delish :D

My process is to first make an infused coconut oil (the kind that stays solid at room temps). For me that means decarb’ing dried flower, infusing into the oil, addIng lecithin, etc. - as per most recipes. I’m pretty sure you are making these oils already.

I store a big batch of it in the freezer and make the Starbursts in batches of 60 (4 trays).

I use @dynamo1 ’s method of making canna chocolates so I’m just going to share that here :).

My most recent batch was made with 110ml of Bubba Hash infused coconut oil and 300ml of carefully melted carob nibs (dynamo uses chocolate nibs).

Tips from my process. My helper does the work - melt the required amount of infused oil by scooping some into a glass measuring jug in hot water and melt the carob/chocolate very slowly using a microwave (10-20second bursts and stir in between in good). Then blend very thoroughly and pour into the moulds. It’s labour intensive and probably requires a person w pretty full capacity. I can’t do what’s mechanically involved. Stirring when the carob/choc is still stiff is necessary and very difficult and I can’t hold the jug up to pour carefully and repeatedly. I’m just telling you that because I know you also have some joint/muscle pain and fatigue so want you to be forewarned. :)

Here’s Sue from dynamo’s thread
We had some fun yesterday. :slide:

dynamo1’s Easy-peasy Chilly Canna Chocolates (a small picture tutorial)

Ingredients:

* 1/4 cup infused coconut oil
* a little more than a cup of chocolate chips (your favorite flavor)

Equipment:

* 1-cup Pyrex measuring cup
* spatula
* microwave
* freezer or refrigerator
* molds
* trays to stabilize the floppy molds

The tutorial:

Doesn’t get much easier than that, does it? :laughtwo:

Enjoy! :ciao:

Mine are awesome, i absolutely love them. They mean that I sleep well for 7hours most nights which as unheard of before. Sometimes I sleep more. Now with this daytime discovery, they are helping to smooth out my afternoons on more difficult days as well. Everytime I make a new kind of med, it changes and enhances my life in some very significant way.

:morenutes:

I got help to rearrange the plants today - the stretchy DDA had gotten so close to the light it was complaining I think. I’m happier with them now. Got a few pics while the tent was open so will give a proper update, once I recover enough :cheesygrinsmiley: I realise it’s been a while - I’m over taxed in other areas ATM so the garden suffers a bit.

Lovely green weekends to everyone :Namaste:

Update: State of the Garden
1 month from sprout
:rollit:

A lot has happened in the last 10 days, both in my life and in the tent. So much so that I decided a group-shot sequence of that time period is in order.

Both Early Miss and DDA went charging into flowering stretch and are now at the other end of it. I had to raise lights in a hurry and the DDA got grumpy for a minute with some down turns on a few leaftips (not everywhere :hmmmm: ).

A few days ago both the flowering ones got a Growth Ionic drench.

Sour Bubba and NL auto are almost lightweight enougth for their drench, which will also be a Growth. Foliars are due. I’m tossing up about timing and whether to give Leafwash to the the 2 in early flower, or the Brix w a little snake oil. It’s the only opportunity to give leafwash - maybe it’s too late already. I’ll check their trichome action before I decide finally in a couple of days.

Generally I feel that the soil may be a bit flat. It might have sat a bit dry at one point So maybe the cook is not so, cookin’. It could just be that I’m feeling a bit flat and the plants are reflecting that :laughtwo: would not be the first time! Not moodwise, I’m happy enough (very much so this weekend), just energy flat.

Aaaanyhoo... git on with it! Starting 10 days ago

This was where the DDA curled down on a few leaf tips.

This is today.

I really wasn’t ready for that rush to flower! The Early Miss will be finished in a month and looks pretty vigorous so should fatten up nicely. The DDA has yonks to go so I hope I can get the soil charge up and keep it there long enough for it.

I’ll post some photo dump updates of the individual plants, momentarily :)

:love:

Northern Lights Auto - day 31

Preflowers are showing but still no pistils in the tips so that’s promising indeed. It still has twisty mangled growth but is maybe showing signs of growing out of that. The variegation makes the leaves look deficient. I think there’s some mottling and fade but mostly it’s the variegated markings. All teh tops are coming up quite evenly at the moment.

Yesterday...

And today - the variegation is clear in this pic.

Sour Bubba - day 30
It never wakes up perky, always curled down. Bubba Hash was similar and It took me a while to get that right - this is definitley similar. It usually perks up by the end of the day. When it doesn’t it’s possibly a sign it needs a drench.

@Graytail this is the leaf fade I was talking about the other day.

Because it looks cal-mag that’s what made me wonder about that balance in my starting media. It’s maybe not very well hooked up at the moment either, tho. It’s definitely lost some vigour in the last few days. I think I need to get it more light. Regardless it’s looking pretty fine :)

We will see how it is after it’s GI drench.

I had planned to switch the lighting to 11/13 sometime soon, but I’m waiting until the Sour Bubba gets further along. It’s starting to alternate nodes, suggesting it might flower fairly soon If I did. I might as well give it a chance to get some more veg growth.

Flowers next!

:love:

beginning of Mg def to me too
:thumb:
To me, it means feed me!
:thumb: Next drench is a Calcium-rich one (w Mg).

Then a zesty foliar to follow up :morenutes:

It may be ready fro a drench today in fact. I have trouble trusting my arms to gauge the pot-weight because my strength fluctuates. I have to pull in other people... “does this feel like it’s full of feathers to you?” LOL! ...

Interesting to note that the pinkness in the pistils is some kind of effect of light - or the lighting is bringing out a colour that just isn’t visibly there under bright light.

My DDAs are at Day 26 and they aren't even close in size to yours. Do you know why? Here are mine today:

Photo 1 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 4 - DDA2.jpeg

Do you know why?
One big reason is that mine started flowering on day 17 and so it ‘stretched’. All cannabis plants go through what’s called a ‘flowering stretch’ at the beginning of flower - a period of 2-3 weeks of rapid growth and elongation (varies from strain to strain how extreme this is, sativa dominant plants stretch more).

Mine also had a pretty quick start out of the gate. We’re growing in very differnt mediums so I wouldn’t compare too much between ours at this stage.

Yours will come along. If they were in soil I’d say they are too wet. But You’re in hempy so I can’t advise at all. All you can do is keep their environment in the zone and stable, and follow the hempy folks’ advice.

EDIT: I came back to edit in here HG that the only other thing that occurs to me is heat. I know yours are in about 74º - I’d be curious to see if you got more growth up around 78º-80º (so long as RH is still above 50%, 55% even better). Those things can be the difference - I have discovered.

Back
Top Bottom