I don't know which intro was longer Amy, yours or mine....:rofl:

Sue may be a while.....:nomo:

Good luck with your perpetual, mine rotation is all messed up.

Update: 11 Days Under Light :idea:

Hello good people :ciao: Things are rolling along to perfection over here! We’ve had some super-cold (mid 30s) nights this last week and I’ve managed to keep the tent above 65ºF during lights-off so I’m pretty happy with that. I’d rather it not get below 68º but 65º is not too bad and I don’t think it sat lower for many hours.

While we’re talking environment, I discovered this week that the large Dyson tower fan is too intense for seedlings. They really didn’t like it much so I have seconded the desktop Dyson back from the main house for now and they are much happier.

Speaking of happy, they are all doing really well! :ganjamon: Side shoots are appearing all over, each has a 3rd node emerging and a one already shows the tiny nubs of the 4th node.

Lights are hitting them at about 17000 Lux (currently all 3500k) and it’s probably getting close to time to turn that up.

On with the show!

Early Miss (auto, day 11) is constitently the perkiest of the lot and the only one that doesn’t droop in the cold. It’s bred for resistance to early-season cold temps so that fits it’s MO perfectly. It is extremely cute to me :love: all spikey and angular.

Northern Lights (auto, day 10) is still funky and growing beautifully. I love how symmetrical the mutated 2nd node leaves are. I wonder what the 3rd set are going to look like :D

Sour Bubba (photo, day 10) already has a smokey kind of gorgeousness :love: and is getting a pretty early start on it’s side branching. Only very slightly slower than the autos.

Dark Devil (auto, day 11) :slide:
I am very happy about this one in particular right now. I’ve never had a DDA get going so quickly. It also has some healthy side shoots starting already and the 4th node is just showing inside the 3rd. The way the 3rd node leaves are pointing straight up like that is really helping trigger those side shoots I’m sure!

It’s a great feeling to be up and running with some living plants to tend.

Yesterday a friend helped me go through one of the storage zones for my ‘secondary’ pot jars and bags of leaf and stem etc. We chucked some, consolidated things into jars and boxes for future oil or salve, and ... found a bag labeled “Blue Dream larf”. Woohoo! Some variety LOL! It is larfy but there are a few decent sized lower buds and it’s a very fun toke and super nice to have something different. What a great find!

Our Autumn is pretty weird, weather-wise. Most of the time lately it’s felt like spring - balmy. And then these cold snaps. This current cold snap is longer, indicating the changing seasons for sure. It’s unseasonably cold tho - these nights are lower than our mid-winter cold and I can’t help but wonder about the hundreds and thousands of acres of thick bush/forest that is no longer there, both north and south of us, and how much it will effect change upon the microclimate - and if that’s what we’re witnessing.

So, weather patterns all mixed up means that the spring hatching of dragonflies that didn’t happen until late summer, has continued into autumn. It’s been a lot less that usual and is slowing down now but it’s been a great relief to see them in some numbers at least. I had a lovely visit from this one the other day. They ride the breeze in a particular spot right in front of where I hangout outside. They surf the wind, hawk insects and occasionally take a rest on the bulbs...

View media item 1771414
While I was snapping, it literally snatched a passing bug out of the air! :thedoubletake:

View media item 1771415
So I thought that was worth an extra pic ;)

Sending big love out to all ... stay safe and well medicated :bongrip:

:love:
:Namaste:

Beautiful photos of your little ladies ...they look soooo happy!
And that pic of a Dragonfly with a bug in his mouth...one of a kind!

Beautiful photos of your little ladies ...they look soooo happy!
And that pic of a Dragonfly with a bug in his mouth...one of a kind!
Thanks carcass - I saw it happen through the lens :thedoubletake: unsuspecting little bug just flew by and... chomp! :D
so cute at that age, nice strain selection
I agree on both counts! Thanks 0’ :high-five: I cant wait to drop the next one later in the month...

Hi Amy, :passitleft: Looking good! Nice dragonfly too. Hope you had a great day. Tomorrow looks even better from here.Stay safe and stay stoned

Liquid Light :idea:
I wasn’t even thinking about this post - I did the processing and took the pics like, 3 weeks ago - and then I was browsing and replying in the CD-1 thread just now and suddenly there is was! I might as well copy it here.

As well as infused olive oil for CBD dosing and infused coconut oil for CBD edibles, I also make a 5-6mg/ml infusion into sweet almond oil. A couple of friends use this for eczema (more on the efficacy of that in coming weeks as I hear back about it) and I use it for pain oil and to make a (diluted) cosmetic face oil.

Heres some decarb’d CD-1
1BCDE9D9-B907-4DCC-9840-6DEA080906AC.jpeg

And 200ml of sweet almond oil...

666EF5C6-0278-4427-BEFD-2BB5F4BB16E4.jpeg

Party time :party:

3C5A1B5B-3319-4D6E-BA1E-F1F43BF50F96.jpeg

This is infused and strained and used at full strength for eczema, dry skin etc. and pain.

For the cosmetic face oil I dilute it with grapeseed oil to around 3mg/ml and add 2drops per 15ml of DoTerra SALUBELLE Beauty Blend. It’s liquid gold itself that stuff and super expensive but also super potent so at the rate I use it, it is going to last me years - literally years.

I call this face oil ‘Amy’s Liquid Gold’, just for fun (I don’t sell it at all, although I do give it as a gift sometimes) and I apply it to my face and neck everyday - it’s sensational :D A good friend who has some calls it ‘Million Dollar Face’ :laughtwo:

My current bottle is nearly done...
D0CDAA08-5ACA-4812-9B95-8856282C4252.jpeg

I have only recently started using the full strength version alongside my THC-dominant topical oil for pain and I definitely believe that both of them together is more effective than the THC topical alone. I use them both in the bath too. My health condition involves a lot of pain, both chronic and acute, and after a bath with epsom salts plus 2-3ml of each topical oil (so 10-15mg THC and 10-15mg CBD - what a decadent bath!) I can have about 4-5 hours afterwards with my body feeling almost normal. Today was one of those days actually - awesome.
:meditate:

So, there’s 2 versions from the same oil making process;
Version 1. Original, 5-6mg/ml for skin complaints and topical pain oil/bath oil. (Maybe I’ll call this ‘Liquid Light’ in honour of the meaning of the strain name - bright light :D).

Version 2. ‘Amy’s Liquid Gold’, diluted to approx 3mg/ml with grapeseed oil (or more non-infused almond oil) used in small roller bottle with less than 1% of DoTerra “SALUBELLE” added and used for cosmetic face oil - incredible for the complexion. CBD for the win!

There it is then, an impromptu feature on one of the ways I use the Candida CD-1 flowers in my life. Keeps me looking and feeling good.
:hippy:

Thank you for posting that Amy! My rosacea has been acting up lately and a facial topical has been on my mind. Perfect timing!! :thanks:
:thumb: I recommend the full strength version - Liquid Light ;) - without any essential oils added (unless you have some that are ok with it). Do you know much about what carrier oils might be best for it? I remember rosehip came up a bit when i was reading around about it recently (carrier oils for the skin treatment). Lavender as the essential oil gets mentioned for rosacea too. But I dont know much about that - I dont add anything extra for the eczema treatment version.

Back
Top Bottom