Amy Gardner Of Eden v1.1: Outdoor 420 Featuring Star Pupil x WeaponX, PCK, Lilly & Purple Satellite

worrying for you!
Thanks Heavenly :Namaste: The smoke has been pretty dreadful and a bit sick making (headaches and nausea sometimes). Yesterday turned out to be a lot less intense than predicted, heat wise, and then a nice southerly (our cooler winds) came through so that was a relief to us. Not much relief for the fighters to the north of us tho’. While it relieves us of the smoke, it also pushes the huge fire in a northerly direction into more inacessible wilderness. It’s grown to over 120000ha now. Full on. One of my sisters lives in a place further north again that is currently between 2 huge active fire zones... needless to say she is not there right now!

I have an air-conditioned space so have been able to shelter from the smoke on the worst days.

certainly had an exciting outdoor so far lol
:eek:
But wait there’s more! :rofl:

Serioulsly tho,

There is a big old almost dead tree here which, while it is super beautiful, is right next to the driveway and has been looking like dropping for sometime. It’s big enough we can’t reach each others hands around it. These big old nearly dead trees will stand for a long time looking like they will come down and ‘never’ do, until they do. The last few months we’ve noticed a visual shift and it has been audibly cracking here n there, quite loudly at times.

Two days ago it came down - what a f’ken sound! Amazingly, it hit nothing. It just tipped the edge of the carport (without really damaging it) landed accros the drive way and in amongst its branches my large birdbath was unscathed, as was the native Blueberry Ash that we planted the year we moved in, in the centre of the driveway turning circle.

At the moment it happened the lovely other and I were sitting quietly talking, having just shared some DDa mixed w Bubba Hash. When we heard the first 2 cracks we met eyes and it was like we both knew exactly what was happening and bolted to our pre-designated ‘safe spots’ while the huge thing came crashing down.

It is such a huge relief! We’ve had it assessed by arborists and it was beyond being able to be climbed and brought down, and we would have had to clear half the block to get a cherry picker in here to do it. Not to mention it would have cost about $1000 dollars and even if we’d had that money they were dubious about it due to it’s size and oldness.

So we’re feeling both besieged and blessed. That big old thing was a source of anxiety every time someone stood under it or insisted on leaving their car under it ...we’d say - “don’t park there, that tree could come down or drop limbs any minute”, and folks would be all like... “oh I’m sure it’ll be fine!” Thankfully it always was :)

It completely blocked the driveway on both sides so we - well the lovely other actually - had to do some work with the “ladies chainsaw” (small electrc one ;) ) to clear us an exit point... because... fires...

Me and the Cali growers know about them fires.
:thumb: general stress in the air is pretty thick
burlap sack

Yes it does! I believe it protected the White WIdow in the 10gallon pot really well last season and it’s doing the same for these. I even have some brown paper I clip to the front of teh very tiny pots. It’s to stop teh sun from beating on the black plastic. Stuff still gets warm but it doesn’t get burn-y. :)

What you describe is pretty much how I approach it - the small pot, then transplant in to the raised bed. Last year i used 1 gallons and this year I’m using half gallons for the regulars because they won’t get as long to veg. The one gallons took too long for me last year - i want, ideally, about 4 weeks in teh pots to establish them and then into to ground. Next year I’ll do all Fems and that schedule should go more smoothly.

WIth the small pots i like to fit them all in the milk crate and press them right up to each other. That way they shade each other in the heat and keep each other warm on early season cold nights. It also means the sack is around the crate and not the pots so there is still lots of airflow - plus it’s super easy to move them around :)

Update addendum...
I ended up pulling the pics off the SLR this morning. Most I ditched because, well, the moment has passed, but there are one or 2 I’m fond of so...

Lilly and PCK have come along quite a lot since this one, but I love how it shows Lilly really getting into it! Lilly, on the left, came up a day later thn PCK, on the right.

E0465727-E55E-4C1C-B6CE-D4E44689F365.jpeg

And just a couple of intimate looks...

SP x WX
16604419-069A-4DD3-B87C-CE504E7EC894.jpeg

Purple Satellite
A02B9826-47B3-43B2-A7D1-05D07621D42C.jpeg

And to reinstate an actual critter, for the week... These are a rare sighting and there are 2 of them around all day at the moment: a scarlet honeyeater. Maybe they’re fire refugees from up north, or maybe they’re just here because the wetlands have dried up and we still have water! The birds are all sharing the bird baths much more than usual and without the usual fights. You’ll notice in this photo there is also a grey fantail right there (to the right of the honeyeater and a bit out of focus). They were all just hanging out together :)

Today the weather is cooler and the smoke is not so bad. A little respite.

I recorded the Pipe Masters finals day from Hawai’i last night. Time to make coffee, pack a bowl and enjoy the surfing!

:ciao: :surf:

Aloha Amy!

Super cool. I really like the strain selection and I hope you don’t mind me following along. Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way for a bountiful harvest!

:passitleft:

and that the tree is done giving you anxieties!
IKR - didn’t realise quite how much until it came down and we realised how relived we were!
Aloha Amy!

Super cool. I really like the strain selection and I hope you don’t mind me following along. Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way for a bountiful harvest!

:passitleft:
Cheers Sunny! :welcome: Thanks for the good vibes :ganjamon: Glad to have you along for the ride.

:hug:
roller coaster
I know :laugh: As I’m writing them i can tell how much they must invoke that - but it’s only reflective of events, not our mood. We are both really chilled out about it all and we’re actually so happy about the tree and that it hadn’t hit anything. :high-five: Just gotta ride the waves, right! :surf:

Pipeline! :popcorn:

Anxiety is funny like that, you don’t notice how much there was from ________, until it’s gone! Glad you and lovely are doing good through it all. Ride those waves Amy, you handle it like a professional!! :surf:

I have one of those too! Whenever I use it I feel like I'm in touch with my feminine side ;).
:laughtwo: what brand did you get out of interest. Ours is the Bosch one, bought about 5 years ago and it’s been fairly temperamental TBH. Was supposed to be the better one at the time. It seems good ATM tho and worked when we needed it yesterday so that’s good!

I love my little electric chainsaw! :slide:

But then, I'm not cutting through 18 inches of tree with it either. Handy lil sucker. I can reach wayyyy out with it, one-handed. :cheesygrinsmiley: I like the sound too - seems more "civilised", wot?

I'm sure I read that technique in the manual ;).

Homelite 14". It was probably the cheapest they had at Home Depot.

Pfft. Rules. I understand the point of rules n stuff, but I tend to stick to the "spirit" of 'em.

:bongrip: Still got all my digits and important appendages, too. Go figure. Dunno. It's probably a good thing that I didn't have kids, huh?

I got the second cheapest one - was $10 more or something. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi Amy & Friends. Subbed up. Sorry I didn’t see this amazing journal earlier. Your plants and pictures of the wildlife are beautiful, thank you for sharing. :Namaste:

How did you like the Pipemasters Event? Are you a avid surfer ?

Pipeline is the Mecca of the surfing world. If you are aspiring to be a top surfer that is where you make it or get mauled by the power of the wave! Serious stuff brah.

I have been a skateboarder and snowboarder since I could walk. Haven’t done nearly as much surfing but my goodness is it ever thrilling. Catching a wave , hitting a pure golf shot and producing amazing quality Cannabis are at the top of my hobbies.

Check out the swells @ Teahaupoo , Nazarè , Mavericks & Maui Jaws...

Absolutely amazing. Those guys that surf those spots are nuts!
Aloha to all and have a great Friday!:ganjamon:

:thumb: And :welcome: to my garden wren! Glad to have you here.

I have the joy of having surfed the north shore of Oahu twice in my life. Not Pipleine itself, I’mnt of that caliber, and i dont have a deathwish! :D I have paddled out on my bodyboard at the beach break next to pipe tho’ (Ehukai beach park) and watched pipe barrel after barrel from the water. I dint even catch a wave but it’s one of the highlights of my surfing life!

Mostly I rode a longboard. I have a 9’2” and an 8’6”. My fave north shore spot is Chun’s reef, with Laniakea a close second. I caught my best wave ever at Chun’s :cheesygrinsmiley: I have a bodyboard that was the bigger heavier surf option. I’ve been landlocked by illness for a bit over 3 years now but my love for watching it hasn’t diminished at all. It’s almost more important to me now to watch others surf. Watched every wave of the recent Maui Pro at Pe’ahi. I’m a big Kai Lenny fan. Not to mention the womens end of year the week before at Honolua Bay (also on Maui).

The first time i went to Oahu, we were super blessed to stay in Jack Johnson’s house, Log Cabins. It was a catered week with surf outings every morning. I could look into the Backdoor barrel from my bedroom. The day we arrived that year, a late season swell was happening and I got to watch 30-40ft waves roll in all day and see some amazing outer reef surfing - including body surfing by one of the local bodyguards there. That is probably the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen.

Gee, nice trip down memory lane - thanks Wren! A very off-topic for a journal i guess... but to bring it back, I also met there a Brazilian chef who shared with me the nicest weed I’ve ever had, hands down. No comedown whatsoever. :love:

I made my newly-named “Bubba Hash Bedtime Starbursts” yesterday. Thanks to @dynamo1 ’s super easy method as documented by @SweetSue

I used 60ml of coconut oil, infused with Bubba Hash buds to a strength of about 5-7mg/ml and about a cup of unsweetened carob buds.

9E3DF3E2-E2A0-4FC4-A5E9-C7BABC8F697E.jpeg

I found that the mix wouldn’t get completely smooth but I didn’t push it ‘cause I didn’t want to burn the oil :hmmmm: This picture is as smooth as I got it.

7AB825CB-1C8D-438C-AC5D-09F9EE80362F.jpeg

No pics of the middle steps as it was all I could do to actually do it! :laughtwo: Needless to say I managed to do it with not very much mess, thankfully, and the final product is delicious. They’re also totally smooth, so the consistency thing wasn’t an issue.

I must have miscalculated the capacity of the moulds I used because I’d expected to get 45 treats at about 8mg each. As I was doing it, I could see that it was going to be much less, I think they must be more like 8ml capacity. I ended up with 30 of them so they’re a bit stronger than I’d planned, about 12-13mg/treat.

D3A55AFB-79FC-4A46-A4DB-6317CB94E85B.jpeg

The perfect amount for the size dish I had available too, so all fell nicely into place.

971EE3A5-1A47-4970-ABF0-BB4DB1CB2E0B.jpeg

Here’s a funny thing, after I’d got them into the freezer, I had this whole brain-fade (exhausted from making them I realise now) where I decided I’d screwed up and made them only 2mg per treat. That meant I took 2 last night “just to see” and woke up in the middle of the night realising I had not got it wrong and I had taken 24mg THC before bed! :laughtwo: Had the best sleep. My ECS is pretty responsive - doesn’t take much by many peoples standards so that was a lot for me :eek:

I’ll get help to make the next batch and am thinking I will make some CBD ones as well to start the deeper ingested CBD therapy (anti-inflammatory) as well. They’ll be an after lunch dose.

In other news, my @SeedsMan prize seeds from back in September got seized or stolen first time and the good folk there sent them again. They finally arrived safely yesterday
:thanks:
887C0AD6-7747-4ED9-99E5-6B4307C889BF.jpeg

The autos are S’man freebies, thanks again, the CD-1 is a continuing garden essential and the Nepal Jam x Kali China will get an outdoor audition next year! :thumb:

Because I never eat added sugar, or even fructose outside of blueberries, the natural sweetness of carob is delicious to me. It has a real honeycomb kind of sweetness and mixed w the coconut oil is great!

They stay solid at room temp as well - I used the solid coconut oil. :)

Back
Top Bottom