Amy Gardner Of Eden v1.1: Outdoor 420 Featuring Star Pupil x WeaponX, PCK, Lilly & Purple Satellite

Merry Christmas Amy!...hope Ya' get a ton of rain for Christmas!...there's a firefighter from our area heading there to join other Canucks to help...she's excited to be going, as she was stationed in B.C. last year when a bunch of Aussie's came to help fight fires there, so it's nice to have the chance to give back...cheerz...:Namaste:...h00k...:hookah:...

1577297093868.png

Thanks for all the warm and wonderful Yuletide greetings my folks! :love:

I didn’t get to any oil making prep - it’s too hot to be running the oven. I did, however, purchase a Nova decarboxylator so that this issue is not an issue in the future! It wont be here for a while, but in a few weeks I’ll be able to decarb without generating a mass of heat :thumb:

We did our traditional movie day on the 25th. Only managed 2 films this year because once I realised Aladdin was a musical it was out! Can’t stand ‘em! :laughtwo:

What we did watch was Judy, which was great and The Goldfinch which was truly fantastic. I read The Goldfinch a couple of years ago and loved it and I really think they did a sensational job adapting it for film.

On the garden front - this is supposed to be a garden journal after all ;) - the plants are all coming along very well. I’ll have a photographic update in the next 24hrs sometime. Still no obvious sign of sex on any of the regulars. I was spurred on by this excellent new moon we’re having to drop some ‘backup’ ;) seeds in case the regs don’t give me the females I need. A Northern Lights from Dope Seeds and a Christmas Cookies from Exotic genetics are in their pucks about to pop out any minute. If i get the females I want from the regs I’ll stick these in a pot or in the garden somewhere as ‘no-maintenance’ bonus buds. :D

Hi Amy! :ciao:
Looking forward to your next update of the babies. I hope the smokey days are behind you now.
I did, however, purchase a Nova decarboxylator
I hope you love this device as much as I do. :)

hope you love this device as much as I do. :)
I fully expect to Luiz! I’ve put it off for too long and when my recent desire to make oils have been thwarted by the heat it was enough to tip the balance. That, plus the discovery that it will decarb extracts as well!
hope the smokey days are behind you now
Thanks :Namaste: However that’s unfortunately not the case. Small update incoming...

Update from the Apocalypse :lot-o-toke:

There have been more days with super thick smoke, no rain, heat and raining ash. I can’t deny it, it feels a bit apocalyptic. We are evacuating today ahead of predicted heavy conditions and a number of active fires in the area. There are ridiculous winds predicted and the risk of spot fires ahead of fire fronts is high. We have fires at about 15-20km distance in 3 directions and as you all know we live in the forest and that forest is mega dry. It’s 4am now and still as anything. We plan to leave about 7am and head into town - there’s an evacuation centre, and a couple if folks we know. We don’t have a lot of local friends and the ones we do have all live in the bush as well!

Anxiety levels are pretty high. For days all my brain has been able to cope with is games of solitaire. It feels both settling and very odd to drop an update - something normal in amongst such surreal and confronting circumstances can be kind of grounding.

A couple of days before Christmas I was surprised to see the smaller Purple Satellite, the one that got almost fully munched when very young, literally hanging all the way down to the dirt - the stem bent fully over. On closer inspection ...

Munched! I think by this...

I didn’t want to fiddle with it cause it was Uber fragile. I took a pipe cleaner and made a supporting stand with it and just propped it up. I really didn’t think it would make it!

By the next day it had recovered enough to stand free of its crutch.

Another day and it was looking better than ever!

On Christmas Eve, the replacement seedlings, Lilly and PCK, were transplanted into the raised bed and protected from the grasshoppers.

It’s hard to see them under there but they’re both doing along really well. They looked great almost as soon as they landed there actually and a few days in and they’re powering. This is them yesterday, you can almost make them out! :laughtwo:

The others are also coming along well. It’s honestly the craziest conditions - wind, heat, cold and often unbreathable air so to have plants going at all feels pretty good.

Those shots were all Christmas Eve as well and things are in a bit of a growth spurt now :thumb: They’re still not showing sex.

This group one is from yesterday, proper vegglings at last. PS at the front and SP x WX behind - they are all on day 28. As you can see, it was another heavy smoke day and I took the second photo later in the day and before I shook the ash off them.

In other news, the 2 backup seeds I dropped (in case the regulars don’t give me females) have both come up pretty vigorously :thumb:

This weeks critter is a mumma kangaroo who has been a regular here for years and is here nearly everyday at the moment, with her current young one. She is generally moving much slower than usual and they drink a lot and rest a lot more than usual - they’re stressed. They have fantastic capacity to conserve energy though. They rest here every day, right next to the birdbath, in the shade. You can just see the fur (and the ears!) of the young one in the grasses behind her :love:

This is definitely the strangest grow journal I’ve kept so far... :hmmmm: Life is pretty weird but plants are growing and that is a great thing to be engaged with. I think I will get another half hour or so rest before getting up and getting ready to go. I’m ready and packed - just need to eat and leave. It’s very possible we’ll be back here at the end of the day with everything just fine (relatively speaking), but we’re not taking any chances. The local Fire authority warning says folks in our specific area should get out early and go into town so that’s what we’re doing.

Much love and gratitude to all my visitors and grow buddies. Thanks again for stopping by to share the garden delights (and pressures!). I’ll do my best to keep you updated on the situation.

:love:
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom