If you keep training everything out like that then they should catch up. Depends how long you veg but when they catch up is probably when you'll be looking to flip them.

When I did mine this run I think things would have gone faster if I had flipped them right when things got somewhat even and stayed on them daily through the stretch like I did with the tri-line ww.

If you keep training everything out like that then they should catch up. Depends how long you veg but when they catch up is probably when you'll be looking to flip them.

Ok! I’ll be training everything flat until they catch up. I’m hoping by the time I need to flip they will be there and ready! My flip is in about 10-14 days so that should be enough time to get them flat and up top.

Thanks again Ase!

Awesome journal Ase,

Took a little while to read from start to finish. I like the results you've been getting with the quadline. It definitely gives your plants consistent growth. :goodjob: I'll definitely be trying this for my current grow.

Thanks HG!

From start to finish is a long read! I try to make the titles big and bold so people can skip all the inbetween and just read the updates if they want to do it that way. I'll have to tune in to your current grow and see the quadline happen. I'm sure you'll get a few more as well. The #Quadsquad is a supportive group of people that tends to flock to other quadliners.

Thank you for the compliments on the journal. I'm just happy to have been able to pay what I've learned forward. I was so nervous the first time someone decided to try my training methods. Now I get excited when I hear someone is trying it out. Glad to have along for the ride and ask any questions if you have them!

Day 10 Flip

Typically I like to break this part of the plants life into two stages. The first I week I set the lights to 12/12 I consider that a transition week. You don't really see much stretch going on but the plants are picking up pace and you are starting to see fresh green on all of the branches. Then at about day 7 the stretch phase really begins. From here stretching usually lasts for the next 7-10 days with the most stretching showing about halfway through that. The last 3 days of the 10 days of stretch the plants are still growing but have slowed down considerably. That means I should be really seeing some great stretching for the next few days. I am already happy with where they are at so I'm interested to see how their final structures will be. The stretching phase will dictate a lot of what I think the yield will be in the end.

I finally put the smaller Double Berry plant on a stand. The last few days it's really picked up the pace but it will still need a booster so I wanted it to get closer to the lights so it had plenty of light for the stretch phase. I'm very pleased with this tent right now. It's been a few months since I had a tent that looked this solid. The DTF in the back left is doing incredible and I foresee it being my best plant. The Purple Trainwreck (front right) and GSC (front left) are doing better than I expected as well and are really filling in nicely. I pinched the node accidentally off the Purple Trainwreck when topping to make a tri-line and I dropped my water jug and snapped a main off of the GSC as well. It does go to show you that they can still fill in their space when stuff like that happens.

The sisters.
Sideshot of stretch.

The Tangerine Dream is starting to enter a whole different level for me. I've never grown a plant with this big of a structure. The stem of the plant is unreal. I'm having so much fun doing this but I hope I flip when I need to and not too early or too late.

Keeping her low and flat.
Canopy.

Day 10 Flip

Typically I like to break this part of the plants life into two stages. The first I week I set the lights to 12/12 I consider that a transition week. You don't really see much stretch going on but the plants are picking up pace and you are starting to see fresh green on all of the branches. Then at about day 7 the stretch phase really begins. From here stretching usually lasts for the next 7-10 days with the most stretching showing about halfway through that. The last 3 days of the 10 days of stretch the plants are still growing but have slowed down considerably. That means I should be really seeing some great stretching for the next few days. I am already happy with where they are at so I'm interested to see how their final structures will be. The stretching phase will dictate a lot of what I think the yield will be in the end.

I finally put the smaller Double Berry plant on a stand. The last few days it's really picked up the pace but it will still need a booster so I wanted it to get closer to the lights so it had plenty of light for the stretch phase. I'm very pleased with this tent right now. It's been a few months since I had a tent that looked this solid. The DTF in the back left is doing incredible and I foresee it being my best plant. The Purple Trainwreck (front right) and GSC (front left) are doing better than I expected as well and are really filling in nicely. I pinched the node accidentally off the Purple Trainwreck when topping to make a tri-line and I dropped my water jug and snapped a main off of the GSC as well. It does go to show you that they can still fill in their space when stuff like that happens.

The sisters.
Sideshot of stretch.

The Tangerine Dream is starting to enter a whole different level for me. I've never grown a plant with this big of a structure. The stem of the plant is unreal. I'm having so much fun doing this but I hope I flip when I need to and not too early or too late.

Keeping her low and flat.
Canopy.

Looking Great Ase! The Tangie is getting big!

Looking great Ase.... I miss the veg stage. Soon enough though.
Yeah it's why I like to run two tents and almost always have one in veg and one in flower. The flower stage is so boring for me after stretch is over so at least I have one other tent where I can play with the plants. If i can't train plants I get bored quick!

Looking Great Ase! The Tangie is getting big!
lookin like you're making a monster there :adore::adore::adore:

Thanks guys! I've always wanted to do this one plant in a 4x4' tent and right now I feel like I am doing really well. I will heavily defoliate it right before I leave for vacation and I hope everything just keeps going as is. I would hate to come back after a week away and see things all uneven but it's still will be in veg so everything is fixable if I need to. I can't wait to see what this thing does when I flip it.

Day 12 Flip

No real update here but both tents are growing extremely well right now. I am going to see how much they grow between today and tomorrow to know exactly how much more stretch to expect but I'm already pretty happy with the size of the Multi-strains for only going 38 days veg total from seed. Did just a little defoliation of some of the huge fan leaves, mostly on the bottom half of the plants.

By next update I will do a massive defoliation on the Tangerine dream and tie her down again. Then she will have a week to just grow while I'm on vacation. I expect to try and flip her soon after I get back.

Day 12 Flip

No real update here but both tents are growing extremely well right now. I am going to see how much they grow between today and tomorrow to know exactly how much more stretch to expect but I'm already pretty happy with the size of the Multi-strains for only going 38 days veg total from seed. Did just a little defoliation of some of the huge fan leaves, mostly on the bottom half of the plants.

By next update I will do a massive defoliation on the Tangerine dream and tie her down again. Then she will have a week to just grow while I'm on vacation. I expect to try and flip her soon after I get back.

Dude. I refrained from posting on the last round of pics, but this thing is gnar to the next level and about as rad as it gets. I can’t wait to see what this thing turns into. Awesome.

Day 12 Flip

Tangie is growing like crazy Ase! Going to get some heavy colas on her I bet!
Well done !

So I have been tying down my 4 quad branches and the Center growth to allow the bottom Centers a chance to catch up. They have reached the canopy now and are basically even with the rest. I gave them a bit more bending and tying today. My plan was to let them grow vertical for the next week and flip next weekend or close to it I think... lol

That Tangerine Dream is a beast. I keep a close eye on how my province is doing with legalization on social media, and where I live it seems the consensus favourite from the Ontario store is Tangerine Dream. It’s definitely gotten most of the hype on reddit.

Sorry for being anal Dutchman, I can’t help it, it’s just my nature. Tangerine Dream is distinct from Tangie. Tangerine Dream is from Barney’s whereas Tangie is from DNA. Supposedly their genetic background is different, so they’re unique strains even though they’re probably pretty similar.

Day 51 Veg

Just to make sure I show the pictures of when it looks happy and when it looks stressed. Major defoliation today and I even took some of the nodes in the middle off that were growing a little too tall that were gong to be almost impossible to train. They also would have blocked a lot of light to the rest of the plant as well. Normally I just take the under node of the quad lines off but this time I'm taking off that entire node. The top ones are getting too tall and bottom ones still aren't really growing great. I'll do one last post tomorrow on both tents and then will be gone for a week! Should still be able to answer any questions via phone though.

Those Quadline branches are getting thick :goodjob:
You reminded me that I specifically took a picture this morning of the main stem of the plant. You can see where the 4 main arms are that there is some serious bulging at the joints. I like to think those are are like welds for metal holding stuff together. Also you can see the scaling where it is hardening and become like a tree. I can't wait to see what this part of the plant looks like when I'm chopping her down at the end.

Back
Top Bottom