Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Hi Stinky,
When I look at the seed bank descriptions of how long autoflowers take, it seems to be on the low side to what actually happens. They say something like 56 days of flowering. Also, I'm noticing that in your journal and other's journals, everyone seems to let their plants go a lot longer. Are the seed banks underestimating the times? And how can we know what to expect? I feel like I need to be more patient. Also when people put the days on the plant age they say something like 30 + 40. What does that notation mean?
This can be confusing for sure. Most seedbanks will give you the flowering time of whichever strain in question. So let's say 63 days flowering time. We'll add this to 3-4 weeks vegetation time and you'll get your more accurate harvest window. So it's more like 105 days from seed.

Now, some seedbanks will put 84 days from seed to harvest. These are a little more accurate when it comes to predicting the final days of a plant. These are usually lowrider and dwarf autos and will be, for the most part, what I love to call mini Me's. It's literally a crap shoot unless you've grown the strain before or have outside knowledge from someone else's grow.

As for the notation for a plants age. We'll take your example of 30 days +40 days. This would mean the plant is 70 days old in total. 30 days had been spent in vegetation mode and then another 40 days in flowering. This could either be 40 days from the flip to 12/12 or it could be once "the grower" decided his plant entered official flowering phase.

Stinky Snid
:green_heart:cheers

hi stinky

last time we spoke about the nutes i was using & you said to try bud candy, got myself some of that. might be able to get a 1L canna boost next week aswell, is there anything to my feed schedule i should change or i need to add? all : PER LITRE
(WEEK 4) this week
canna A+B 3.2ML
B-52 2ML
BIG BUD 2ML

(WEEK 5) NEXT WEEK: THROUGH TO WEEK 8-10 or to flush date
A+B 3.2ML
B-52 2ML
BUD CANDY 2ML
OVERDRIVE 2ML
BOOST 2ML TO START THEN 4ML WEEK 6-8

I have some canna pk aswell, but just wondering will i need to use that aswell?

thanks snid

Hey stinky,
I have a question about feeding seed starts in coco. I usually start my plants from seed. Tried coco cut with a little perlite for the first time and am seeing deficiencies of some sort. I know coco is an inert medium so am watering with half strength cal mag, liquid kelp, rhizotonic, pure blend pro grow, and recharge (microbes) and keeping my water ph around 6.2 Not sure if I'm feeding too much or too little. Any suggestions?

hi stinky

last time we spoke about the nutes i was using & you said to try bud candy, got myself some of that. might be able to get a 1L canna boost next week aswell, is there anything to my feed schedule i should change or i need to add? all : PER LITRE
(WEEK 4) this week
canna A+B 3.2ML
B-52 2ML
BIG BUD 2ML

(WEEK 5) NEXT WEEK: THROUGH TO WEEK 8-10 or to flush date
A+B 3.2ML
B-52 2ML
BUD CANDY 2ML
OVERDRIVE 2ML
BOOST 2ML TO START THEN 4ML WEEK 6-8

I have some canna pk aswell, but just wondering will i need to use that aswell?

thanks snid
You can always add a tad of the CannaPk to see how they respond. I'd strongly recommend a silica supplement, not sure what's in the Canna stuff. But this will help build strong plants through stronger branches and tougher foliage. Doesn't have to be AN, but it's a very important building block which most mediums are lacking in. It's all little late for this grow, but the AN root tribe is worth every penny. Check these roots out...day 19
20160911_130329.jpg
It sounds to me like you've got everything under control. Keep up the research and absorb as much as you can while you're here. Thanks again for the questions :thanks:

Hey stinky,
I have a question about feeding seed starts in coco. I usually start my plants from seed. Tried coco cut with a little perlite for the first time and am seeing deficiencies of some sort. I know coco is an inert medium so am watering with half strength cal mag, liquid kelp, rhizotonic, pure blend pro grow, and recharge (microbes) and keeping my water ph around 6.2 Not sure if I'm feeding too much or too little. Any suggestions?
Sounds like a decent lineup of nutrients and supplements. You can drop that Ph down below 6 for coco, it's regarded as having basically hydro characteristics. Therefore feeding is more of an every day thing since the coco won't retain very much if any nutrients when it dries out. I've not grown in coco myself so take my thought with some consideration. But one thing is drop tour Ph lower, it's as if your doing hydro rather than soil. Check the chart below. :Namaste:
Nutrient_Chart211.gif

Hey Snid im sure youve answered this lately but whens the best time to back build? Im 27 days into what i see as a 65-70 day flower period.
Here's an excerpt from Light Addict's back building thread.
Now the idea behind this process; My friend who had years experience told me it was like the bud hitting a barrier, such as another branch! He advised me to take 3 white hairs and a couple of the tiny green points off end of buds!
I tried this and its way to fiddly etc. So I now simply snip the tiniest bit off each bud head. This just takes the very tip of stem. This sends the bud backbuilding, forming more dense buds, that are all of uniform shape!
The actual cut is so tiny that it doesn't stall or delay the budding. It doesn't hurt the girl one bit. Just gives really appealing nugs. that are dense as hell!

When to do it? Simply put you want to be past mid way of flower. Or whenever you believe the buds to be of a good developed size.
Anytime after week 5 would be my window opening for back building. Wait until the pistils are not "super" thick and white.

Stinky Snid

Hello again, just looking at my little one and noticed this. What causes this?
420-magazine-mobile1704677768.jpg
a little hole. Do I have a bug problem? If so, what kind?

Sent from my A0001 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hello again, just looking at my little one and noticed this. What causes this?
420-magazine-mobile1704677768.jpg
a little hole. Do I have a bug problem? If so, what kind?

Sent from my A0001 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

it could be as simple as just a little splash of nutrients that eventually died and formed a hole from necrosis. It could also be bugs, keep a close eye out for more holes like it. If there's only one then it's likely a result of a small necrotic spot. Nothing to worry about if that's the case.

Stinky Snid

Hey i need help identifing this problem my girls are at week 4 of flower and im seeing this issue
Screenshot_20170208-100007.png
Screenshot_20170206-145010.png
.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/Screenshot_20170208-100007.png[/img]

Hey Snid I thought I'd post this here before I go to common problems. I had my plants out today to clean the tent. I just noticed this stuff on the stems. Any idea what it could be? I haven't given any nutes to them yet so it couldn't be a drip from those. It's only on my Ganesh but it is on a few branch's.
420-magazine-mobile151031382.jpg
420-magazine-mobile70793413.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1188868403.jpg
420-magazine-mobile55080879.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey whats up i saw your post for stinky snid but i know i can answer that for you yeah you can top it again i waite for two nodes to apear after the firts top that way thes two branches will produce two more branhes each and so on till you get as many tops as you want but the bushier the plant the bigger the pot

Hey whats up i saw your post for stinky snid but i know i can answer that for you yeah you can top it again i waite for two nodes to apear after the firts top that way thes two branches will produce two more branhes each and so on till you get as many tops as you want but the bushier the plant the bigger the pot
I have them in 5gal home depot buckets with the top 4 inches cut off of the bucket...shes growing vigorously...everyday theres vast improvement. I wasnt sure if I'd mess her up because shes an auto.

Sent from my SM-G928P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sorry didnt even think that my bad i just mess with clones ive read about auto flowers i think you might mess it up since it has a set flower time

420-magazine-mobile2024185042.jpg
Hey thanks for threads like these....This is my Purple cheese AUTO...I've topped it once...can it be topped again? This is day 23.
I would only recommend topping twice if you know how long a veg period your strain has. But if your keen on trying it, then I would wait till you train them out and top. It after 2 or 3 nodes on the horizontal just before flower. Topping twice in 3 weeks is going to be a big shock and you'll likely stunt her veg time. So imo I'd wait till next run so you know exactly what your dealing with. :Namaste:

Hey i need help identifing this problem my girls are at week 4 of flower and im seeing this issue
Looks like textbook calcium deficiency to me. The only other thing would be Ph issues. Confirm your Ph first, and add some Epsom salts, molasses or a calcium supplement.

Hey Snid I thought I'd post this here before I go to common problems. I had my plants out today to clean the tent. I just noticed this stuff on the stems. Any idea what it could be? I haven't given any nutes to them yet so it couldn't be a drip from those. It's only on my Ganesh but it is on a few branch's.
420-magazine-mobile151031382.jpg
420-magazine-mobile70793413.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1188868403.jpg
420-magazine-mobile55080879.jpg
Are you talking about those little red specks... Those aren't bugs?? Is it growing from the plant? That's a first for me. You'd be better served I the FAQs, cuz I have no idea my dear. :sorry:

Stinky Snid

Stinky Snid, I'm pretty sure I found the answer. Have you ever heard of cannabis sap? I'm 100% sure now looking at other photo online that's what I have going on with this Ganesh Spirit. I'll will try to take some better picture tmo now that the panic is over lol.

420-magazine-mobile26768470.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom