Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

It's much worse to give them light when it's supposed to be dark (flowering period). But they do react very slow to light, so you can get away with doing some quick jobs in the tent after lights out. A few minutes won't disturb them. Guess that's evolution's answer to lighting strikes etc. The plants have to deal with light during dark hours also in nature.

It's much worse to give them light when it's supposed to be dark (flowering period). But they do react very slow to light, so you can get away with doing some quick jobs in the tent after lights out. A few minutes won't disturb them. Guess that's evolution's answer to lighting strikes etc. The plants have to deal with light during dark hours also in nature.

Good to know, that I've never had the need to do so hopefully won't need too :) glad to hear there tougher plants tho than I was thinking as moving them into a tent this week and was concerned about disturbing them

I had a power cut a few nights ago and I'm a bit concerned the girls may have gone into flower . thoughts? They went straight back onto there 18/6 schedule
420-magazine-mobile626282158.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1618092180.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1913081710.jpg

I've had a few power outages since my first grow last year and it's never been a problem. The longest lasted 5 hours but I didn't leave them in the dark. I put them in the brightest window. Sometimes you have to roll with the punches. I didn't notice any problems or really signs of stress. From the pic it doesn't look like she's flowering. Gotta watch for pistils over the next few days.. keep us posted.

Some of my girls are turning yellowish and some r ok
420-magazine-mobile760541634.jpg
420-magazine-mobile61208980.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1065603858.jpg

I agree with grouchy greens.. looks like nitrogen deficiency. Gonna want to add some to her next feed.:thumb:good luck!

I've had a few power outages since my first grow last year and it's never been a problem. The longest lasted 5 hours but I didn't leave them in the dark. I put them in the brightest window. Sometimes you have to roll with the punches. I didn't notice any problems or really signs of stress. From the pic it doesn't look like she's flowering. Gotta watch for pistils over the next few days.. keep us posted.

I agree with grouchy greens.. looks like nitrogen deficiency. Gonna want to add some to her next feed.:thumb:good luck!

Defiantly will let you guys know. Really appreciate the help. Hopefully they'll forgive me and continue in veg want to veg for another month before switching over ideally.

The new growth looks ok should I be worried. I'm in week 2 of veg
420-magazine-mobile1200721872.jpg

This is the other half of the tent

What light source are you using as it doesnt look strong enough?

What soil is the coco mixed with?

You need to add some base nutrient for veg at a strength of around 1.2-1.4ec and ph 5.8. I would also add calmag.

To be honest i would pull out the 2 plants on tbe left, tbey are awful and the pots would be better served to growing 1 plant each.

HELP
What’s wrong with my girls?
Top Growth is very small leaves point up towards to light
420-magazine-mobile1975870831.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1156191859.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1831499264.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1442441139.jpg
420-magazine-mobile398552354.jpg

They are happy thats why there reaching out to the light, what nutes and strength are you using? leaves look really dark like its a got a tad much nitrogen.

What light source are you using as it doesnt look strong enough?

What soil is the coco mixed with?

You need to add some base nutrient for veg at a strength of around 1.2-1.4ec and ph 5.8. I would also add calmag.

To be honest i would pull out the 2 plants on tbe left, tbey are awful and the pots would be better served to growing 1 plant each.
400 mh with 50/50 fox farm soil and coco. I transplanted them 10 days ago

I NEED CLONE/PLANT FUTURE ADVISE

Ok guys I'm kinda looking for some answers quickly as I am in the middle of doing this now..lol. I'm in right about to cut and decided to seek advise first as I have only cloned once ..so far 3 for 3 but I still dont Have a solid knowledge base. More less followed instructions lol.
I have been attempting to train a cookies clone a buddy gave me and it has been a hassle because she was so wonkey when I got her.. I let her go crazy because she was really weak and small about to die when I got her so wanted her to be healthy. Here she is
420-magazine-mobile1709902815.jpg

420-magazine-mobile93059854.jpg
I know right....lol now what I'm wanting to do is cut this branch off....
420-magazine-mobile1361630856.jpg
...at the node be low my fingers(edit-just the branch in holding not the whole node) because it will balance her out almost perfectly. Problem is.. its like the main branch. Is this a good idea?
On one hand I figure it will act just like a top and slow growth and knuckle up other nodes.. That is what I want but
On the other hand she is a clone and I'm not sure how far down the line she was. Initially I wanted to mother her. But now thinking I might just flower and take what I can get. And if I do that; I dont want to cut her most profitable top off. But I was gonna try to clone it as I dont want to waste it.
How should I proceed?
Bleh. Sorry so long.

y dont u just top her and clone the top then the clone will grow as if it was from a seed so she wud hav even branching instead of every other side having a branch idk just my 2 cents worth

ok so one of my girls im doing in a los mix (living organic soil) and her leaves are starting to curl down on me what could this be any and all help would greatly be appreciated :thanks: and :Namaste: here she is

20171113_121939.jpg

ok so one of my girls im doing in a los mix (living organic soil) and her leaves are starting to curl down on me what could this be any and all help would greatly be appreciated :thanks: and :Namaste: here she is

20171113_121939.jpg

Looks to be a nitrogen toxicity or you have a fan blowing on them.

How big are those holes in the net? They look biggish. When i scrogged i liked holes that were 3 or 4 inches. I would fill em up about 3/4s full and then flip to 12/12 and the strectch would fill the rest. I feel like that is more of a support structure than a true scrog. With smaller holes you will get a much more dense canopy, at least i always did. Just my opinion tho man. Looks like you will still get some nice colas. Practice makes perfect.

Yeah I thought they were pretty big too! I think I need something stiffer too, there's just so much slack in this. I'm probably going to try making a PVC pipe lattice and putting that in the tent but I don't really know how I'm going to manage getting in there and tying it to the tent poles if I build it ahead of time. I feel like I'd have to put it in and assemble it a little at a time. I'm really not a fan of the DIY scrog grids and that's probably the only method I can actually do since I don't have a table saw or anything like that to mess with lumber.

I saw some other pre-made nets but they were made to fit either a 2'x2' up to a 4'x4' tent so I'm not sure how big the holes are on that either. Seems like it wouldn't be as slack as the polyester netting though.

These ones

Modular Trellis for Tents, from 2' x 2' to 4' x 4' + THCity Stakes

1666381536923.png

This is what I got this time

VIVOSUN 5 x 30ft Heavy-duty Polyester Plant Trellis Netting 1 Pack

1666381561493.png

Apparently the squares are 6" :eek:

400 mh with 50/50 fox farm soil and coco. I transplanted them 10 days ago

Pull those weaker plants out of your pot. They are taking up valuable rooting space for the healthy plants and the healthy plants will need those full pots. You only want 4 plants max in that size pots under a 400wmh.

You need to start adding nutes and you want to add your base nute at 1.4ec. Youve messed up really by mixing 5050 soil and coco. It will certainly make the soil more airy but it gears the grow more to a hydroponic grow now.

You need to add calmag also.

Please check out my grow journals. I have a current one that i have just started in my signature. I cover mainly growing in coco coir which is technically what you are doing now and i also have a thread on how to grow in coco here... 420magazine.com/forums/

Its hard to answer replies in this thread because it moves on so fast. The idea of the thread was good but it just gets so much traffic that it makes it hard to keep up. Better to just ask questions in the frequently asked questions .

Pull those weaker plants out of your pot. They are taking up valuable rooting space for the healthy plants and the healthy plants will need those full pots. You only want 4 plants max in that size pots under a 400wmh.

You need to start adding nutes and you want to add your base nute at 1.4ec. Youve messed up really by mixing 5050 soil and coco. It will certainly make the soil more airy but it gears the grow more to a hydroponic grow now.

You need to add calmag also.

Please check out my grow journals. I have a current one that i have just started in my signature. I cover mainly growing in coco coir which is technically what you are doing now and i also have a thread on how to grow in coco here... 420magazine.com/forums/

Its hard to answer replies in this thread because it moves on so fast. The idea of the thread was good but it just gets so much traffic that it makes it hard to keep up. Better to just ask questions in the frequently asked questions .
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom