Aurora Indica Feminized - LED - Soil - 4x4 - Grow I

Equipment Review

All of the equipment I used was discussed in the first page of this journal. Even though the last buds are still drying I can pretty confidently say I am probably going to land in the 22-24% range dry. That should land me near 2.25oz a plant. That makes me think if I would have done some things a little different and maybe not have had issues with the scraggly plant that I could have been more towards 3! Based on those estimated results I can now grade my setup.

Lets start with the lights. I do not know much at all about LED lights and no one I know has much experience with them so this was a shot in the dark. My Mars Reflector 96s were awesome. I kind of knew this a couple weeks in but ideally 3 of them in a 4x4 is ideal. I've got a 3rd one for the next grow but I was so happy with these two lights. If I wasn't I wouldn't have bought a 3rd :). They only raise the temperature in the tent about 7-9 degrees when on and they are very quiet. My electricity bill maybe went up $8 a month on average and I think a good chunk of that was running the A/C since it was summer. Either way that is so little. Lights were the most unsure thing I purchased but I have to give it to Mars Hydro on this one. These were fantastic for me!

My Apollo Horticulture 4x4' tent worked very well. The zippers do feel a little weak but I haven't had any issues so for me i've just been gentle with it. The tent itself seems a little thin but it also worked without any issues. I just got a VIVOSUN Horticulture one and I must say the zippers and the tent seem a lot more durable. Nothing wrong with Apollo at all but I really like the feel of the VIVOSUN so far. I guess I will see if I like it as much when I start hanging all the equipment up in but the Apollo did hold up well with everything hanging from it.

My Holmes Lil blizzard 8" oscillating desk fans worked very well. The speed difference between the low and high setting isn't that noticeable but I was able to suspend them from the corners and I loved them.

The Apollo Horticulture 6" Inline Fan and iPower Carbon Filter worked amazingly. You could never smell a thing with this running. Until I unzipped my tent I was amazed that even toward the end of flower you couldn't smell anything. Highly recommend both of these.

The General Hydroponics nutrients I think speak for themselves in my grow. These things were so full crystals. Now that I have a little better feel of how much I can push my plants I am stoked to use these again for the next round. Probably round 3 is where I will try something different. I want to see if I really know what I am doing though.

The Roots Organic Formula 707 soil was really good as well. It was loaded with nutrients already so be patient in using nutrients too fast. The aeration was great though and the water went to the bottom of the pots pretty quick when watering. I will be using this again as well.

Nirvana Seeds were great as well. They all popped and produced however I think a good portion of the scraggly plant being scraggly was due to genetics. Either way their seeds were a good price and their shipping was creative and discreet. There are lots of good options for seeds on this site and I think I will be getting some from sponsors from now on though. Good to support sponsors!

Overall I think it pays to do your research. There was very little that I wasn't happy with in terms of the equipment. Altogether they created a good synergy for these girls and the environment was so stable for most of the grow. Initially I had to toy with things as I learned how each piece effected each other but I recommend it all in the end. For a starter set I think it worked great. Very efficient, quiet and odor free. New equipment is made every day so it pays to stay updated before purchasing.

My favorite part of my equipment is the Mars Hydro Reflector 96 lights though. In terms of efficiency and what I think my yield will be, I am so impressed. To not be that expensive to purchase, not raise my bills all that much and to not increase my temperatures a whole lot it made this grow easy. Also only having 4 plants in the tent will make it easier to keep them all under the better light radius. I am very happy to say that with my yield I will for sure exceed the value of my setup in flower. Essentially that is paying for itself in my books. Nice to know everything I do with it hereafter is only variable costs as the fixed costs are done in the first 4 months. As a business guy that is how a startup is done. Going to save so much money not going to the dispensaries! Excited to get multiple strains going so I will have a variety and never have to look elsewhere. :high-five:

I begin manicuring the last 3 plants tomorrow and it will probably take me two full nights. Smoke report and final numbers hopefully by Wednesday night!

You were a huge help to me with your listing of equipment. I pretty much bought the same brands except I paid the big money for "ape tents."
If you want to know your exact power usage and cost to run your equipment, look at a Kill-a-watt meter. I have my power strip plugged into my meter and can see the cost of my whole inside grow. You set the meter to the price of your electricity and it meters your usage.
Thanks again for a GREAT journal! :bravo:

You were a huge help to me with your listing of equipment. I pretty much bought the same brands except I paid the big money for "ape tents."
If you want to know your exact power usage and cost to run your equipment, look at a Kill-a-watt meter. I have my power strip plugged into my meter and can see the cost of my whole inside grow. You set the meter to the price of your electricity and it meters your usage.
Thanks again for a GREAT journal! :bravo:

Yeah it is on my list of things to get but I tried to stop spending money until this grow produced. I've got a 2nd tent and another light so now I've got lots of options. I also want to get a par reading meter too. I'm sure I will just get them soon, they are both already "in my cart" online. :)

Appreciate the compliments! Whether this helped one person or 1,000, I'm very happy it helped someone. It wasn't really my intention being a rookie!

Did u ever think about topping again before you flipped? Next grow I will be trying saliva grow with manifolding. Hopping to try a bunch of different techniques. Grow on man. I'll subscribe to the next for sure

Yes I did. I didn't really know what I was doing with topping. I read up on doing it before the flip and I almost did it. I kinda ended up with a weird structure and hesitated doing another topping because of that. I needed to veg longer. Your grow looks great and I would bank that you will get numbers as good as mine for sure as long as everything keeps going smoothly!

Amazing job!! At 2.25 Oz a plant my estimate of 300 was close. That's a great yield for those lights. You deffinately have a green thumb! My run with 2 Mars 900 watt lights pulling 840 tru watts yielded 14 Oz of top shelf , and 3 Oz of sugar leaf. It came in just under .5gr/watt. I am going to use this journal to get ideas to improve my yield. I did use organic nutrients this time instead of synthetic wich may be why I came in shy of my goal. But quality is best I've ever grown. Congrats!! One of the most thorough journals I have ever read. Thanks for your hard work! I'll be referencing this journal for my next run of AIs.

Maybe next time will be better?:Namaste:
Yes I did. I didn't really know what I was doing with topping. I read up on doing it before the flip and I almost did it. I kinda ended up with a weird structure and hesitated doing another topping because of that. I needed to veg longer. Your grow looks great and I would bank that you will get numbers as good as mine for sure as long as everything keeps going smoothly!

Final Results and Smoke Report

Plant 1 - 40g
Plant 4 - 53g
Plant 3 - 63g
Plant 2 - 67g
Plant 5 - 85g

Total : 308g! The winner of the contest is Friend #1! He will get to choose 2 strains in my next grow. Here were the guesses as a reminder!

CONTEST ENTRIES

PurpleGunRack - 420g
Leeroyz420 - 400g
Coloradokid19 - 350g
Friend #1 - 325g
I guessed - 273g
TheBlaze - 262g
Dirt Mcgert - 246g
KingstonRabbi - 225g
Rodgers - 220g
Friend #2 - 150g

Smoke Report

The smell of this stuff is so incredible. It is my favorite part for sure. It reminds me of when I was a kid and my mom had just gotten done mopping the hardwood floors. You would get this earthy wood smell at first and then it would be a strong citrus/pine scent from the cleaner. Then you would get this hint of sweet at the end as she usually had cookies or something baking in the kitchen while she was cleaning. Pretty cool how this smell could remind me of a childhood memory.

The bud is very sticky. I am so excited to try to make hard candies with the trim as it will be very potent trim. The smoke itself does not have a ton of distinct flavor. You get a little bit of an earthy taste in the beginning and then a punch of citrus in the middle. The back end is very sweet like when you finish dinner and splurge for dessert. With the bud washing you barely cough at all so the sweet taste on the tongue at the end is extremely pleasant.

The high is exactly what I was looking for. I have smoked mostly Plant #1 as it has been dry the longest and it has a "clean" high as I call it. It is not muddled at all. You can feel it in your eyes and temples but everything is still clear and moving at normal speed. This stuff hits you fast in the head but slowly creeps up on your body. You do find yourself melting into the couch and time disappearing quickly. I have been sleeping very well since I have been smoking it consistently. I am looking forward to letting them properly cure now and marinating. In a few weeks this stuff should be ideal. I have hygrometers in my jars to make sure the humidity stays in the right range and then they are stored in mason jars in a dark place. 11oz of quality herb on my first grow. I can't believe it.

image17501.jpeg

image17500.jpeg

My next seeds have been planted. I will start that journal up as soon as they break ground. As for this one it is complete! Thank you all so much for following and it has been a fun journey. Hopefully I will see all you familiar faces for round #2!:Namaste:

Amazing job!! At 2.25 Oz a plant my estimate of 300 was close. That's a great yield for those lights. You deffinately have a green thumb! My run with 2 Mars 900 watt lights pulling 840 tru watts yielded 14 Oz of top shelf , and 3 Oz of sugar leaf. It came in just under .5gr/watt. I am going to use this journal to get ideas to improve my yield. I did use organic nutrients this time instead of synthetic wich may be why I came in shy of my goal. But quality is best I've ever grown. Congrats!! One of the most thorough journals I have ever read. Thanks for your hard work! I'll be referencing this journal for my next run of AIs.

Yes you were very close! I will still check in to this journal to answer any questions people have on the Aurora Indica strain or my setup. I will do organic at some point but I want to try round #2 with some experience using the same nutrients and equipment. Glad I could help! Good luck with your AIs. I'm starting to see lots of people trying them now and when I first started I couldn't find very many! It is a great strain.

Excellent yield! Well done bud!

Those nugs look really tasty as well. Can't wait to see how mine turns out now.

Looking soooo sweet mate :drool: That's a heck of a yield on first go, good job:adore:

Those buds look like they're manicured a bit manically:laughtwo: it gives an unrivaled bag appeal but all those sugar leaves are too nice and frosty to cut off;)
You're probably gonna slack a bit on that arthritis inducing manual labour in the future, cause the smoke is just as nice:)

If you wanna go organic you should look into DocBud's HighBrix kit.

Looking soooo sweet mate :drool: That's a heck of a yield on first go, good job:adore:

Those buds look like they're manicured a bit manically:laughtwo: it gives an unrivaled bag appeal but all those sugar leaves are too nice and frosty to cut off;)
You're probably gonna slack a bit on that arthritis inducing manual labour in the future, cause the smoke is just as nice:)

If you wanna go organic you should look into DocBud's HighBrix kit.

I have some I trimmed pretty tight and some I didn't. I want to try the different smoke to see how it effects me. It will not be going to waste though, gonna make some fine edibles which is actually a huge focus of mine. I wanted good trim for it. This has been a lot of labor and I can foresee myself being a little less intense about it next time. Pretty much anything that has crystals on it is being used one way or another.

I'm looking at organic for grow 3 and I have already looked at Doc's kit. It's definitely where I am leaning. Thanks for following PGR!

Excellent yield! Well done bud!

Those nugs look really tasty as well. Can't wait to see how mine turns out now.

I can't wait to see yours either. I anticipate some incredible pictures and yields! I'd love to try this exact grow again at some point. I already feel like I would just crush it if I did it again.

:cheer:Looking forward to it.
It will for sure. Hope to see you for the next round Sara! It will be fun to see what I can do with 3 of your lights instead of 2!

Final Results and Smoke Report

Plant 1 - 40g
Plant 4 - 53g
Plant 3 - 63g
Plant 2 - 67g
Plant 5 - 85g

Total : 308g! The winner of the contest is Friend #1! He will get to choose 2 strains in my next grow. Here were the guesses as a reminder!

CONTEST ENTRIES

PurpleGunRack - 420g
Leeroyz420 - 400g
Coloradokid19 - 350g
Friend #1 - 325g
I guessed - 273g
TheBlaze - 262g
Dirt Mcgert - 246g
KingstonRabbi - 225g
Rodgers - 220g
Friend #2 - 150g

Smoke Report

The smell of this stuff is so incredible. It is my favorite part for sure. It reminds me of when I was a kid and my mom had just gotten done mopping the hardwood floors. You would get this earthy wood smell at first and then it would be a strong citrus/pine scent from the cleaner. Then you would get this hint of sweet at the end as she usually had cookies or something baking in the kitchen while she was cleaning. Pretty cool how this smell could remind me of a childhood memory.

The bud is very sticky. I am so excited to try to make hard candies with the trim as it will be very potent trim. The smoke itself does not have a ton of distinct flavor. You get a little bit of an earthy taste in the beginning and then a punch of citrus in the middle. The back end is very sweet like when you finish dinner and splurge for dessert. With the bud washing you barely cough at all so the sweet taste on the tongue at the end is extremely pleasant.

The high is exactly what I was looking for. I have smoked mostly Plant #1 as it has been dry the longest and it has a "clean" high as I call it. It is not muddled at all. You can feel it in your eyes and temples but everything is still clear and moving at normal speed. This stuff hits you fast in the head but slowly creeps up on your body. You do find yourself melting into the couch and time disappearing quickly. I have been sleeping very well since I have been smoking it consistently. I am looking forward to letting them properly cure now and marinating. In a few weeks this stuff should be ideal. I have hygrometers in my jars to make sure the humidity stays in the right range and then they are stored in mason jars in a dark place. 11oz of quality herb on my first grow. I can't believe it.

image17501.jpeg

image17500.jpeg

My next seeds have been planted. I will start that journal up as soon as they break ground. As for this one it is complete! Thank you all so much for following and it has been a fun journey. Hopefully I will see all you familiar faces for round #2!:Namaste:

Thanks for sharing your the grow asesino, congrats on that stack of jars. You've done well by any standards :bravo: I look forward to the next crop. Let us know where and when you get it started. Till then...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Back
Top Bottom