Beateo's Winter 2015 Multi-Strain Indoor CFL Grow in Soil

Wow - one week in and already 5 pages down!
I enjoyed your first grow a lot so I'd like to pull up a couch and lock into this one (sub'd).
Knock it out of the park, Beato!

Major PITA, get locked brother! :) Thrilled to have you along. :high-five:
I can't predict results but if this turns out with similar results to the 1st,
I'll be a happy toker.
:Namaste:

Wow - one week in and already 5 pages down!
I enjoyed your first grow a lot so I'd like to pull up a couch and lock into this one (sub'd).
Knock it out of the park, Beato!

Major PITA, get locked brother! :) Thrilled to have you along. :high-five:
I can't predict results but if this turns out with similar results to the 1st,
I'll be a happy toker.

Thanks bro!

I just started my first grow and it is a bit of a disaster right now. I'm learning from you and many other 420'rs, but I may not be learning fast enough. :thedoubletake: If I manage to salvage my mess, I'll be a happy toker, too. Go get 'em! :cheer:

Thanks bro!

I just started my first grow and it is a bit of a disaster right now. I'm learning from you and many other 420'rs, but I may not be learning fast enough. :thedoubletake: If I manage to salvage my mess, I'll be a happy toker, too. Go get 'em! :cheer:
Exactly what type of issues are you having Pita? Maybe we can help you sort them out. I don't think Beateo would mind.

Exactly what type of issues are you having Pita? Maybe we can help you sort them out. I don't think Beateo would mind.

Thanks much B A R ! Any help is greatly appreciated.
I don't want to intrude on Beato's most excellent journal. I'm not even sure what the issue is. My guess is it is a PH thing. I'm in rockwool and I rinsed it really well (I thought) for 24 hours, and added 5.6 PH-adjusted water to help bring/keep it down. Still I read over 8 PH for it so I flushed it again. Once my clones were added to the rockwool they looked good for about a week, but started looking like nutrient burn set in even though I used only water at first and then VERY weak nutrients (GH Flora series). It got worse and now appears to have stabilized - I hope. Maybe I finally got the PH down where I think it needs to be. Everything added has been at 5.5-5.6 PH. One plant is much happier than the others. One plant is much more unhappy. All have gotten the exact same treatment but each one is a different strain. The "burn" always begins at the tip of middle-ish leaves and progresses along the edges.
Here is an example picture I'm ashamed to show:

HQ1_01-31-15.jpg

I promise not to SPAM your journal any further Mr. 'B'.

It has to be a pH thing, given what you wrote. I always thought hydro should be pH-ed @ 5.8 and should then swing back and forth in the reservoir due to natural conditions ? I'm by no means a hydro expert, not even a rooky yet .. sorry I can not be of any real help, other then use logic to identify pH as the only possible issue .. but you got there already .. so my contribution kinda only serves to help me learn I guess ... sorry about that ;)

I don't want to intrude on Beato's most excellent journal. I'm not even sure what the issue is. My guess is it is a PH thing. I'm in rockwool and I rinsed it really well (I thought) for 24 hours, and added 5.6 PH-adjusted water to help bring/keep it down. Still I read over 8 PH for it so I flushed it again. Once my clones were added to the rockwool they looked good for about a week, but started looking like nutrient burn set in even though I used only water at first and then VERY weak nutrients (GH Flora series). It got worse and now appears to have stabilized - I hope. Maybe I finally got the PH down where I think it needs to be. Everything added has been at 5.5-5.6 PH. One plant is much happier than the others. One plant is much more unhappy. All have gotten the exact same treatment but each one is a different strain. The "burn" always begins at the tip of middle-ish leaves and progresses along the edges.
Here is an example picture I'm ashamed to show:

HQ1_01-31-15.jpg

Happy MuchDaze Beateo:).......
Hey Pita.....just going off my chart that looks to be nitrogen defficiency to me.....i might be wrong on this so we will see what others have to say but that seems to match pretty closely:)........i havent read back but have you been using nutes now and what kind?

It could be some 'N' deficiency right now because I tried to really flush them well to see if I could get the PH down. But I thought with an 'N' deficiency, the light leaves started at the bottom. This has burn't tips that progress up the edges of leaves, but not so much at the bottom. I'm using GH Flora Micro, Gro and Bloom combined per the 420 recommendation, but only at about 400 PPM total right now until I figure out what's going on. Their roots look good and they have doubled in size over the past month. From my limited experience it appears like nut' burn, but I just don't see how it could be. I'm half inclined to take one and feed it some more serious nut's. I figure it might fix it or kill it, but at least I might learn something. Or maybe not. :laughtwo:

Thanks for your input too PlanetJ!

It could be some 'N' deficiency right now because I tried to really flush them well to see if I could get the PH down. But I thought with an 'N' deficiency, the light leaves started at the bottom. This has burn't tips that progress up the edges of leaves, but not so much at the bottom. I'm using GH Flora Micro, Gro and Bloom combined per the 420 recommendation, but only at about 400 PPM total right now until I figure out what's going on. Their roots look good and they have doubled in size over the past month. From my limited experience it appears like nut' burn, but I just don't see how it could be. I'm half inclined to take one and feed it some more serious nut's. I figure it might fix it or kill it, but at least I might learn something. Or maybe not. :laughtwo:

Thanks for your input too PlanetJ!

I think if i was you Pita then i would do the same......feed one at a higher strength and see if she doesnt start recovering:).....as far as where it starts buddy i cant tell you for sure with out just guessing:)lol...and not going to do that:).....just looking at the chart is all i did:).......i am anxious for more opinions:)......there are a lot of great growers here but if you want to put it out there on my journal feel free.....between the two surely you will get sorted out my friend:)

B A R, you are correct, Beateo doesn't mind :)

Major PITA, not an intrusion brother..... an intrusion is the buttwad who joined and stole my original avatar the first day he was on the site... no social graces at all man! lol It took me hours to find that unique avatar..... I'm over it. lol

I don't want to intrude on Beato's most excellent journal.

Happy MunchDaze to you as well my friend!! :)

Happy MuchDaze Beateo:).......

SmokinRain, :welcome: & :thanks: I hope we can help each other! :)

OK.. having waded through all of that... I want to say that I'm not bothered in the least by those of you I'm familiar with (Like you Maj. P. :) ) posting your stuff in my journal..... whatever it takes to get us all growing tough!! BUT.... I believe that you are doing yourself a really big disservice by not having your own journal! I can't stress this enough.... WITHOUT MY JOURNAL I'D BE SMOKING OREGANO RIGHT NOW!!! It is only by those helping me through my journal that I got the knowledge I needed to get to harvest. And ANYONE who needs help getting a grow journal started... PLEASE contact me. Either here or by private message is fine.

I got a humidifier at Wallyworld today really cheap and now I have taken the dome off, lowered my lights to almost touching, (added light too) Did lose 1 more girl though... a Haze.... that leaves me with 6.... perfect if they all make it!

Dchannn,
If you go to posts numbers 2 & 29 of this journal you will see my light set-up. (I think #2 shows it best) I made the frame myself from simple 1X pine boards and there are a total of 8 reflector hoods. Most have the screw-in adapter allowing two bulbs in each reflector.
I've got almost $200 in bulbs... the 200W equivalent cost 12 bucks each... 150's are 9 bucks! I found 300 Watt CFLs at Ace Hardware but they cost damn near $30!! I hope there is something there of use to you. :)

Can I see a picture? I am always interested in seeing how other growers shape and configure cfl lights.

- in addition, just another reason this IS the best site to grow our plants and our minds.

- all the best

Thanks for the hospitality Beato and GD. You guys are awesome!
You are absolutely right, Beato. I planned to do a journal but things went south so fast I didn't know if I'd have anything to show and tell. Now I have no excuse.
Thanks again!

Has anyone ever taken two or more strains and mixed them after they're cured? I was just thinking could you "blend" pot the way they do some whiskeys for improved taste, aroma, etc...? Yeah this is the kind of stuff I think about after I medicate. :)

Sure you could .. but it would be kinda hard to blend buds .. unless you can visually identify the difference, or grind it all first...
It would work pretty well IN your grinder tho ;)

Has anyone ever taken two or more strains and mixed them after they're cured? I was just thinking could you "blend" pot the way they do some whiskeys for improved taste, aroma, etc...? Yeah this is the kind of stuff I think about after I medicate. :)

Great fun there!
Back in the day I did that a few times. When we were lucky enough to have a couple of top-shelf smoke we would sometimes blend them for a new flavor. I remember a Panama Red / Maui Wowie mix that was amazing = earthy and bright citrus at the same time. Of course there was also the usual mix of hash and/or oil with good bud for a different taste and buzz.

Back
Top Bottom