Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters

Considering this is all done by "remote control" I think they're doing pretty darned well! And "you" may just have to harvest the way we did in the old days before loupes were invented

things are pretty calm here now. may just take the chance do a few things there. it will depend on what the numbers are coming out of this wk. there is an expected uptick due to folk breaking quarantine for easter. my area of the country is one of the least affected, but i work in a higher risk category,

going over today later once done here

I think the general consensus is that face coverings, gloves, and staying away from others are very effective measures that significantly reduce risk. Just ask your custodian to stay out of the same room and you should be just fine.

hi 420. working on some content for the next couple days.

making some cbd pills for the folks today. always ask how their supply is holding. they always say ok. until it isn't. i been trying to get them to give me a better idea on usage so i can monitor what i need to make / grow. they treat it like i'm a wal-mart pharmacy -- -- always open always got stuff .. :rolleyes:

in the meantime .. went in deeper for a second stage defol ...

wasn't planned as a rock solid. waited to see where the first stage wound up. some got it more this time around than others. :p

this northern lights cbd plant shows what i shot for ..

took nearly the entire interior out. trimmed the main branches to the base where they turn upward. left a few upper secondary branches, but trimmed the smallest ones around them, and got them real exposed.

plant sort of shows the type of structure i was aiming for ...

the shampoo cup tangie got all in a crap mood ..

looks starved. something at the roots hates it. it was doing bells before. been ramping feed hard, as everything else was ahead of me -- -- so maybe shocked it (?) .. not sure. i'm not in the biz of rescuing the shampoo cups so i hope it can figger it lol

big sis was looking hungry to me as well .. been using it to signal the increases for everyone.

it always comes in hard and hungry when it goes. the others tip before this one gets there. it's also a bit of a bitch read due to the leaf variegation, and its habit of greening in late on new growth. i use it as my indicator plant, make it happy and back off just a tad.

out of the 3 shampoo hempys i manged to hit the structure i wanted on this one ..

1 of three kinda sucks, but the tangie grows as a tripod no matter, so maybe i get a pass on on one .. ? :cheesygrinsmiley:

no excuses here ..

this was the sickest looking clone when i shampoo cupped it haha . the worst branch came over with, rest is newer growth. was super dumb to bring it along. this one is a stick, probably won't balance no matter what i think ... :p

really curious to see what the shampoo cups will do in flower. on a 2wk timer before move to flip.

all the fort st veg / clone gals ..

last feed was 5.0g / gal. looks close to the top for most, even some tipping.
the tangies in both 2L and cup look eager for more. holding here for a couple feeds to see where the whole group sits.

training is done til the ties come off. next defol will be in flower. wanna see how much of the small stuff i can eliminate. gonna do hash bags and stuff with all the larfy stuff and my old trim i think. any fave screens / bags ?

Mine are from "bubble bag dude". I bought the cheapest version. They've lasted for awhile so far. Last run my 45 bag stated tearing at the seams but it's my fault from stretching it too tight. I've run several ounces worth of hash through it though so it's paid for itself and it's replacement already.

I use a 190 and 160 to keep the junk out, i use a 120, 73, and 45 under those. If I ran smaller batches I would skip the 120 and the 73 and catch it all in the 45 bag to squish.

Mine are from "bubble bag dude". I bought the cheapest version. They've lasted for awhile so far. Last run my 45 bag stated tearing at the seams but it's my fault from stretching it too tight. I've run several ounces worth of hash through it though so it's paid for itself and it's replacement already.

I use a 190 and 160 to keep the junk out, i use a 120, 73, and 45 under those. If I ran smaller batches I would skip the 120 and the 73 and catch it all in the 45 bag to squish.

i do what's called "simple" or "iron" hash.

it actually uses an iron lol.. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nice work on the strip and train! Excellent use of the days off.
making some cbd pills for the folks today. always ask how their supply is holding. they always say ok. until it isn't. i been trying to get them to give me a better idea on usage so i can monitor what i need to make / grow. they treat it like i'm a wal-mart pharmacy -- -- always open always got stuff .. :rolleyes:
My dad's assisted living place is like that with the canna-cookies! I keep telling them I need at least 2 days notice. 🤷

Highya bluter.
I see what you meant about them being top heavy.
I had some 5 ft plants in 10ltr hempies.
I had a hell of a time keeping them upright.

efficiency of VG is only around 33%.
Dang! I was hoping that my efficiency was higher......
:laugh:

Highya Sue:ciao:

Highya bluter.

I've ran into that a few times myself. I fixed their little wagon real good though. I picked up a spool of monofilament fishing line, and use that to tie the pots down. I got it from bass pro, and it was their "house" brand (offshore angler). It's 30lb test, ultra-low stretch, and was $15 for 900yds.

You may have to get creative with tying down, but it definitely works well. I've used everything from a hole close to the top of the pot, to crossed bamboo sticks.

You can also use mason line, but it's more expensive in the long run.

It also comes in handy for all kinds of other stuff. I originally started out using some 80lb test that I already had. However I found myself using more of it than I expected or wanted to, so I picked up the cheaper 30lb test.

Highya bluter.

found an easy short term solution. dumped the 2L in to the empty 5L buckets. the plants were tall enought to clear the higher edge on the 5l.

Dang! I was hoping that my efficiency was higher......

lol. the instant pot extraction is well over double that figure. closer to 70 - 75%.

quick report from jungle patrol

the 2L hempys got too top heavy to keep upright. dumped them in to a larger 5L bucket i sometimes use. it wasn't a transplant, just tossed the smaller buckets in to the larger ones. the plants had grown enough to clear the taller edge, and gained enough stability and support to keep them upright for the last few days needed.

didn't get a chance to see them in person. pics smuggled out from the green curtain lol .. :cheesygrinsmiley:
i've had to separate myself from the jungle room due to the pandemic. been kind of helping by remote. really gets tired fast.

tangie looks done ..

really dig the swell it went through. all the plants hit one of the best late builds we've seen.
only got a bit of guess at the trichs. after getting the pics and having a discussion, we decided to call it.

the lsd stayed a little greener but are just as finished. this one looked to have been a fed a bit hot in the second half of flower to me. could just be the strain. the tangie and cbd gals pushed a bit harder.

it turned fast but there is very little amber in the trichs as per reports. it is all white trichs everywhere though. the sugar leaf trichs literally burnt though. had a chance to see it when most of the bud trichs were still total clear. not sure what it signals, but i'm guessing over feed.

the northern lights cbd gals are crazy nice.

i think i might even be able tilt the count to thc plants for a couple grows. would be nice as the folks are going through way more thc based stuff than they first anticipated. mostly in topicals. an occasional canna pill. they take regular cbd based canna pills.

last family pic .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

they came down about 48 hrs after the pics. the plants were stripped, and i believe hung whole. that was the idea anyway, and what i recommended. freaking that i couldn't do it. never intended for that to happen.

the rh is crap here - hovering in the 35 - 40 % range. plan is to hang 3 days and jar on fourth. not ideal, but figger we can work it out so i can get in and finish up without endangering anyone.

til then i'm in the dark :laughtwo:

take care 420.

Happy 420 Bluter, hope your having a good one. :ganjamon:

I received a not so little 420 prezzie for myself today.

IMGP1778.JPG

Now I'm just waiting on some VG.

We've been needing a new slow cooker for a while, so I bit the bullet. VG tincture for the non-smoking/vaping wife seems like a great reason for an upgrade.

Cheers for the inspiration.

:Namaste:

Happy 420 Bluter, hope your having a good one. :ganjamon:

I received a not so little 420 prezzie for myself today.

IMGP1778.JPG

Now I'm just waiting on some VG.

We've been needing a new slow cooker for a while, so I bit the bullet. VG tincture for the non-smoking/vaping wife seems like a great reason for an upgrade.

Cheers for the inspiration.

:Namaste:

sweet, welcome to the med life. there's so many things you can make with this.. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom