Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

:rofl: Thanks Duggs....I'd rather be a smart ass than a dumb ass. :laugh:

I saved a 6" piece just for you.

:circle-of-love:

That just rocks C...i'm 'on it'! Have an awesome night with your people... gotta go play an 'ol timers' hockey game. Tomorrow it'l make me feel old...:rofl:

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

I haven't gone loco....I know what I think I'm doing...'zactly. :laugh:

I have two White Cookies clones that have been in flower for about two weeks now. They are both the same size, which is nice for what I'm doing. Hard to see both of them, but one in the front and one behind it.

WC_both.jpg

I took the front one out, we'll call her WC 1, and did a major defoliation on her exposing all bud sites:

WC_21.jpg

WC_31.jpg

Because there was no training at all, the very bottom branches were up tight against the stem during the stretching. I trained them all down to see if I can bring them to some form of decent budding. We'll see what happens.
No fears, she'll grow those leaves back and I'll have to defol again. ;-)

WC_110.jpg

I want to see if the defoliated plant does better bud building than the one I will leave with full foliage, other than bending a leaf here and there when needed.

Kind of thinking on supercropping the top too, but I'll wait for a week or so to see if stretching continues.

:rofl: Thanks Duggs....I'd rather be a smart ass than a dumb ass. :laugh:

Did you call Sista? :smokin:

It was the Dumb ass part :cheesygrinsmiley:

Your girls are looking awesome as usual :Namaste::cco::adore:

I was gifted a pass from a 420 seed bank, 5 seeds and 3 did not come up...finally I got one, but very disappointing.....I have better luck cloning, for sure....

In my experience the defol'ed plants are a little slower in flower. Saw this very recently with a friend who just harvested 32 FP plants (guess where he got seeds, lol). He defol'ed some and flat left others. The ones not touched did better in/by the end. His exact words were "I shouldn't have touched them, it slowed them down and they're smaller". Add a thick southern accent for proper effect.

That, and knowing the importance of each leaf (about 500,000 chloroplasts per sq/mm, each making ATP then using the ATP to create sugars and starches....thousands of times per second) is why I have not pulled a single leaf from my DDA's or younger FP cycles and don't intent to. I'll tuck them if they shade something I don't want shaded. Worst case maybe trim a finger tip off, or pluck just one finger.

Enjoy your experiment! They are all lovely :)

Happy.....Monday? LOL. Have a good day.

In my experience the defol'ed plants are a little slower in flower. Saw this very recently with a friend who just harvested 32 FP plants (guess where he got seeds, lol). He defol'ed some and flat left others. The ones not touched did better in/by the end. His exact words were "I shouldn't have touched them, it slowed them down and they're smaller". Add a thick southern accent for proper effect.

That, and knowing the importance of each leaf (about 500,000 chloroplasts per sq/mm, each making ATP then using the ATP to create sugars and starches....thousands of times per second) is why I have not pulled a single leaf from my DDA's or younger FP cycles and don't intent to. I'll tuck them if they shade something I don't want shaded. Worst case maybe trim a finger tip off, or pluck just one finger.

Enjoy your experiment! They are all lovely :)

Happy.....Monday? LOL. Have a good day.

It is Monday, don't know yet if it's going to happy or stress. I will strive to make it happy. :)

I've been on the fence on defoliation since I began growing. Some people are adamant that it helps, and others take the stand of don't touch those leaves. There are good arguments both ways, but I have yet to see an actual comparison of two almost twin plants like this and the end results under the same growing conditions, ie; lighting, temperature, soil, and nutrients.

With as many plants as I will have soon, I figure this is a perfect opportunity to see for myself if it slows her down or makes her rise above her sister in harvest amounts.
Either way, I will know for sure and have pics as proof.
Thanks for your input, that is good information to save. :thumb: Good morning! :circle-of-love:

:nomo:

I was gifted a pass from a 420 seed bank, 5 seeds and 3 did not come up...finally I got one, but very disappointing.....I have better luck cloning, for sure....

That sucks! What strain was it? Hopefully the one that kicked in will give you some future clones.

I am pretty sure I see some rooting on the late flower clones I took of the Purple Paralysis. Have my fingers crossed for sure.

Good Morning.

Morning Cannafan and friends. With defoliating....or pruning like Doc and some of like to call it is a necessary evil to help our plants yield better and to offer a chance at better overall health. However , keep in mind ...when we strip leaves off , this lowers the Brix number considerably , as overall plant health drops. If you look at ALL my grows on here , you will see I don't like to strip them and like to feed the soil and roots via foliars as per Doc's instructions. Stressing the plants by doing the Defol thing is not a good practice if ya wanna harvest High Brix produce......just sayin gang....cheers!:)

Morning Cannafan and friends. With defoliating....or pruning like Doc and some of like to call it is a necessary evil to help our plants yield better and to offer a chance at better overall health. However , keep in mind ...when we strip leaves off , this lowers the Brix number considerably , as overall plant health drops. If you look at ALL my grows on here , you will see I don't like to strip them and like to feed the soil and roots via foliars as per Doc's instructions. Stressing the plants by doing the Defol thing is not a good practice if ya wanna harvest High Brix produce......just sayin gang....cheers!:)

:thanks: Duggan, and good morning to you. :)

I've decided I will not supercrop or do anything else to the defoliated girl, I want both plants to have the same conditions other than the defol. This will be fun to watch. :) I just measured and they are both the same height and overall width in bud branches. I trained down the bitty branches at the bottom of WC 2 this morning, so they both have that going on the same as well.

So White Cookies Defoliation vs. Natural as of today:

Both plants are 28.5 inches tall from the rim of the pot, and both have a girth of approximately 13 inches.

I'll try to title my posts that way during the experiment for easy reference later.

The strain is White Cookies.

Let's do this without the purple of the LED lighting. Here's another go at the plants on the base:

flower_room_32.jpg

And this is Purple Paralysis #1, you can see the buds now. :laugh:

purple_p_1_10.jpg

Purple_P_1_11.jpg

Purple_P_1_12.jpg

Main Cola on Super Cheese stinky gal....

Super_Cheese_4.jpg

The rest of the pics will have to wait until tomorrow.

Looking nice ...

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You grow some big ass plants, Canna....

Thank you Shawnee and Ginganinja. :)

Shawnee, I wish I could show you this Darkstar in person. It is just so big for being so young yet. LOL She's 38 inches tall, and the other two are 33 an 26. Budding up beautifully! So far, I just could not be more pleased with these.

:thanks:

I am a fan of defoliation, but I'm not stupid enough to try and argue the point one way or the other. That was not a dig at anyone who has offered their opinion on the topic. I just know how polarizing the practice is. I've seen an improvement in my own yields, but have no hard data to back up my claim. I don't strip my plants bare though.

I am a fan of defoliation, but I'm not stupid enough to try and argue the point one way or the other. That was not a dig at anyone who has offered their opinion on the topic. I just know how polarizing the practice is. I've seen an improvement in my own yields, but have no hard data to back up my claim. I don't strip my plants bare though.

Yeah, it's a pretty controversial subject. :) I probably took a few too many leaves, but she is filling out again quickly just in a couple of days time. I love to experiment, they're my plants....I can do that. :laugh:
I'll post some progress pics over the weekend, so there is something to see in the way of difference since the defol.

:thumb:

I think Purple Paralysis #2 might come down this weekend, I don't like that I have found nanners on her twice, I really don't want to take a chance of missing one with pollen that gets where it doesn't belong in a draft...or on me.

Her trichomes are a lot of milky with some amber. She's missing a lot of heads off the trichomes too. Some of the trichomes have a really pretty purple color in the necks. Hard to capture on this phone camera though. We'll see how they look on Sunday morning.

purple_p_2_trichs_4.jpg

purple_p_2_trichs_3.jpg

purple_p_2_trichs_2.jpg

purple_p_2_trichs_1.jpg

The rest of them will be checked tomorrow morning in front of a window so I can see them better.

I think Purple Paralysis #2 might come down this weekend, I don't like that I have found nanners on her twice, I really don't want to take a chance of missing one with pollen that gets where it doesn't belong in a draft...or on me.

Her trichomes are a lot of milky with some amber. She's missing a lot of heads off the trichomes too. Some of the trichomes have a really pretty purple color in the necks. Hard to capture on this phone camera though. We'll see how they look on Sunday morning.

purple_p_2_trichs_4.jpg

purple_p_2_trichs_3.jpg

purple_p_2_trichs_2.jpg

purple_p_2_trichs_1.jpg

The rest of them will be checked tomorrow morning in front of a window so I can see them better.

Looking nice and sticky Cannafan ...

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom