CBD Auto EmmyStack In AziSIPs, GeoFlora, Sweet Candy, Dynomyco, Roots Organic Soil +

Is she perhaps related to this Inanna, maybe?
"Inanna / Ishtar is alluded to in the Hebrew Bible, and she greatly influenced the Ugaritic goddess Ashtart and later the Phoenician goddess Astarte, who in turn possibly influenced the development of the Greek goddess Aphrodite. Her cult continued to flourish until its gradual decline between the first and sixth centuries CE in the wake of Christianity." – Wikipedia

Explosions??
🎆🎇

It is a mix of 1200 and 1500 nominal.
👍

I get it. But the last crop grew just fine. And the short ones are surrounded on both sides by girls that got tall.
I think I must have missed your last grow... I've been outta the loop for a while. Can you give me a link to some pics?

I realize you do mostly clones, but when you do grow from seed, do you ever get small ones? (I thought this was a large number of small ones. But some are very good sized.
Yeah, some phenos from seed are more vigorous than others. But I'm growing photos, and so none are really very small. I've gotten some autos from photo seed that were very small.

The last batch grew great except for that soil, so I think it is adjusted right. At least it seems nice and bright in there, and I am not minded to mess with it. Plus, since it is only two or three small plants out of 15 healthy girls, I think the lights in general are adjusted just fine.
Oh, that batch? You mean the salty soil one? Didn't all those pretty much turn out stunted? A small auto would come in at just 1 ft, and a large one at 3-4 ft, yeah?

I think I must have missed your last grow... I've been outta the loop for a while. Can you give me a link to some pics?
No, you were there. You were probably just stoned :ganjamon:
The girls got good sized. They just turned brown (we think because of all of the salt).
Pics??
Phoenix Sativa Surprise (was supposed to be a tight little indica). She later molded on me in storage. And I did not like the flavor. (I would NOT buy this one again.)

1704209125049.png

Afghan Mass XXL Auto (3% CBD) all turned brown but good size. Would buy again.

1704209144828.png

Delicious Candy (Delicious Cheese) turned brown but got big and strong and hits hard, and tastes great (even brown). (Would definitely buy again.)

1704209212757.png

Everything turned yellow, then brown, but the size was good, and it hits.
Only, this time we are hoping for greenbud.

Yeah, some phenos from seed are more vigorous than others. But I'm growing photos, and so none are really very small. I've gotten some autos from photo seed that were very small.
In my experience, photos are a lot more stable than autos.
I have seen a few small photos, but the effect with autos seems much more pronounced. (You are much more likely to get something you did not expect.)
Oh, that batch? You mean the salty soil one? Didn't all those pretty much turn out stunted? A small auto would come in at just 1 ft, and a large one at 3-4 ft, yeah?

Yeah. But I think the Auto Blue Ace are small plants. They taste delicious (blueberry) but do not get big. I love the 2:1 CBD:THC -- they just do not get very big.
The rest of the plants got very big. I was surprised. I think Azi's SIPs are what made the difference.

The girls got good sized. They just turned brown (we think because of all of the salt).
By the looks of the leaves the plant is no longer able to get enough Nitrogen and Potassium to support all the green growth in the buds that started forming. The more and the larger the buds get the more they need. The plant then starts to take what it needs from existing leaves which is where plants store excess nutrients and just about anything else that might have been dissolved and in the water the roots absorbed.

And, once it starts to happen there does not seem to be a way to stop it. The best to hope for is to slow it down. I find that adding the flowering fertilizers starting at about 2 to 3 weeks before flowering works well enough to delay and reduce the 'cannibalizing' by several weeks.

By the looks of the leaves the plant is no longer able to get enough Nitrogen and Potassium to support all the green growth in the buds that started forming. The more and the larger the buds get the more they need. The plant then starts to take what it needs from existing leaves which is where plants store excess nutrients and just about anything else that might have been dissolved and in the water the roots absorbed.

And, once it starts to happen there does not seem to be a way to stop it. The best to hope for is to slow it down. I find that adding the flowering fertilizers starting at about 2 to 3 weeks before flowering works well enough to delay and reduce the 'cannibalizing' by several weeks.

Hmm....
If I remember correctly, this was subcool's supersoil, except I used a lot of rice hulls for aeration (like 50%).
(I expected them to compact down to 30-40% after they got wet, but they did not.)
We had the soil tested, and CBD saw that there was a very high amount of sodium in the supersoil (like 6x normal).
Many people thought the sodium came from the rice hulls, but I made a tea of rice hulls and tasted no salt at all.
Also, I have one test bucket running rice hulls right now, and it is doing fine.
I believe it was because they used table salt instead of Epsom Salt in the "All Mix".

I think it was early during that grow that CBD said the plants looked small and lighter in color, so to add N.
I am not sure why supersoil did not have enough N to start with, but I added human urine, and things did indeed seem to grow better for a while.
Then when things started to turn brown, CBD suggested CalMag, so we tried that.
Emmie suggested adding K, so I added banana peel, and also PK-13/14, so it should have had plenty of 'nutes (just too much sodium).

I was going to add the Sweet Candy, but instead I think I will save that for a future experiment.
Instead I think I will add the liquid PK-13/14 to this grow.
And we can use Terp Tea Bloom tea also.

I think the girls on the roof are happy with supersoil made with imported Roots Organic soil. I did add some kelp, but both girls on the roof seem to be happy, so I think it is a known-good place to start from.
I will be very interested to see if we develop the same problems this time, or if everything works as intended.
If everything works well, I will suspect it was the All Mix.

No, you were there. You were probably just stoned
Believe it or not, I am usually not stoned. I usually vape before going to bed, or I vape some sativa before playing music.

•••
Everything turned yellow, then brown, but the size was good, and it hits.
Only, this time we are hoping for greenbud.
•••
The rest of the plants got very big. I was surprised. I think Azi's SIPs are what made the difference.
I must have seen those pics. But my mental image was small plants for some reason.
I think yer gonna hit the greenbud this time.

Believe it or not, I am usually not stoned. I usually vape before going to bed, or I vape some sativa before playing music.

Dude, you grow some mighty nice looking plants for a guy who vapes only a little!

I must have seen those pics. But my mental image was small plants for some reason.

Yes, I think you said they looked small, and lacking nitrogen. So that is when we began adding the urine.

I think yer gonna hit the greenbud this time.
Thanks to your and everyone's help! :thumb: :thanks:

Yeah, I know. It would be ten times easier to go conventional. Only, some people believe that our very first mission was to care for the planet, and some texts promise that He will destroy those who do not take care of His earth (deliquence of duty), so I am afraid not to take as good of care of the planet as I can. (And if we do not do that, then what do we leave for our next generations?)
I was going to add the Sweet Candy, but instead I think I will save that for a future experiment.
Since you mentioned that growing organically is part of your goal to care for the planet, I would be remiss if I didn't point out that the main ingredients (the P, K, Mg, and S) in Sweet Candy are synthetic nutrients, if you weren't aware.

1704245673594.png

It's a perfectly good supplement if your plants are deficient in P and K though.

Since you mentioned that growing organically is part of your goal to care for the planet, I would be remiss if I didn't point out that the main ingredients (the P, K, Mg, and S) in Sweet Candy are synthetic nutrients, if you weren't aware.

1704245673594.png

It's a perfectly good supplement if your plants are deficient in P and K though.
Yes, it occurred to me that Subcool does call for some hard chemical and mineral nutes:
3 lbs rock phosphate
¾ cup Epsom salts
½ cup sweet lime (dolomite)
½ cup azomite (trace elements)

And it is the Roots Organic soil, the Terp Tea, and the GeoFlora that have all of the "soft" plant and animal nutes:
(compost, bone meal, bat guano, kelp meal, greensand, soybean meal, alfalfa meal, oyster shell flour, fish meal, fish bone meal, etc.).

Emmie once told me to get a bag of Triple Phosphate because "it cannot un-organic the grow" (I guess unless you use too much of it.)
Minerals occur in nature also, but I think the way Azi said it is that you do not want to put the microbes out of work.
I am not sure where that line is yet. How does one know how much "hard chemical" nutes to add, to not kill the organic grow?

Roots Organics (I guess they just got bought) also markets a "bloom booster" that is a mix of hard and soft nutes.
ROOTS ORGANICS TERP TEA BLOOM BOOSTER
NPK / 0.5 - 6 - 18
DERIVED FROM: Sulfate of Potash, Phosphate Rock, Crab Meal, Fishbone Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Kelp Extract (Ascophyllum nodosum ), and Langbeinite.

Since they just got bought, we will have to see what becomes of their products, and availability here in Colombia.

I only mentioned it in the context of your post about synthetic nutes, not about whether it will or won't be considered "organic" after you use it!
I have seen several posts (I think from you or @StoneOtter ) about how synthetic nutes do not kill an organic grow.
I guess this big discussion came up before on an Emmy thread, and I think the net upshot was that you have to take care not to kill the microbes--and that if the microbes are not put out of work, it is "not un-organic" (haha).
Hahaha, I guess that is what I am shooting for, is to "not-unorganic the grow" and still get the best taste and best price and best time efficiency 😂
Not asking for much, am I? 😂

I don't claim to be an organic grower by any stretch of the imagination, but I recall that Emilya would say that synthetics don't unorganic the grow, the just make the food available instantly to the plant. The microbes will remain (unless they're killed with something like hydrogen peroxide) and you can go back to organic feeding just by not feeding synthetics.

But you did mention growing organically vs synthetics in terms wanting to follow His plan for caring for the earth, so I thought you would want to make an informed decision.

I have seen several posts (I think from you or @StoneOtter ) about how synthetic nutes do not kill an organic grow.
I guess this big discussion came up before on an Emmy thread, and I think the net upshot was that you have to take care not to kill the microbes--and that if the microbes are not put out of work, it is "not un-organic" (haha).
Hahaha, I guess that is what I am shooting for, is to "not-unorganic the grow" and still get the best taste and best price and best time efficiency 😂
Not asking for much, am I? 😂
Oh, wow. I just got a notice this morning, Aurora Innovations / Roots sold to Hydrofarm. :eek::eek::eek:
(Ummm... didn't Hydrofarm buy up GeoFlora also?)
And I think Hydrofarm does not sell outside the US :-(

I wrote both Aurora and HydroFarm, to see if they have any more information, or if HydroFarm will continue to make products available in Colombia.
In the meantime, I am thinking I had better buy up all of that Terp Tea Bloom while it is still 40% off.
And when that cargo container comes in, I had better buy up everything I need until I get get moved to the property (someday) and start a compost (someday).

And in the meantime, I guess I will keep tracking down what individual components are available in country, in case I need to mix my own some day...

:thanks: ... I left one out... occasionally before I do exercise.
Ok, great topic. Which one do you use before exercise?
That is the one thing about cannabis is that it makes me want to not exercise. (Stretching good, but hard labor, you just do not wanna.)
That is why I planted the CBD Crack, was to see if it would help me want to exercise.

So, are there any particular strains you use for exercise? Or you just know how to focus through the stone?

If the rice hulls were to compact down then they could not be used for aeration.
Yes, good point. Thanks, SW.
I guess what I mean to say is that I wanted like 30% aeration, so I put 50% rice hulls, expecting them to compact down to 30% when wet, but they did not compact 😂

This time I only used a little rice hulls, and I will let them break down into silica over time (and probably ignore them for purposes of aeration).
Ag Perlite is cheap here. And if I can find it, I think Emmis said to try to find volcanic pumice, because it breaks down to volcanic rock dust (so I will see if I can find that).

I will try to buy up all the Terp Tea Bloom I can while it is still 40% off. I wrote Hydrofarm and Tech Industries and Aurora trying to find out if they will continue availability, but there is no guarantee (and I think Hydrofarm does not ship outside the US).
I think I am going to hit that container hard when it comes in.
I just need to hold out until we can get money to build again, and then move to the property, and start our own organic composts, and such (maybe a few years---oy).

Probably I will always be buying some limited hard nutes (dolomite lime, rock phosphate, etc.), but then we can grow them into plant meals, etc., and turn them into soft-nute compost with worms, etc. (It is kind of a two-part process, but then we get all of the flavor).
And there are Jadam and KNF teas, and I am sure lots of stuff I have not heard of yet.

So, it is kind of "swinging from tree to tree" (or "nuting from feed to feed") right now, but with prayer, we will get greenbud!!

:morenutes:

Whoosh! :eek:
They sold Aurora to Hydrofarm in June of 2023. So this has all been planned. And Hydrofarm does not ship internationally.

I wrote the bigwigs at Hydrofarm, and asked if there will be continuing availablility in Colombia (but I doubt it, 'cuz Hydrofarm does not ship).

I wrote the 4 internet resalers that Hydrofarm lists, and none of them sell internationally. One said that they have rules against shipping chemicals internationally.
I looked and other online retailers are closing out their Terp Tea and Roots products.

I looks like I better buy up all the goodies I can get from the local outlet, while I can them, and use them to supplement the Subcool's original (for flavor).
I will need to buy a few years' worth, so we can be stable until we get to the farm and get our own composts and manures going...

(I guess I better get buying....) 💸

@SmokingWings ,
It looks like they want you to use GROW until the last month (maybe when the girls are not putting on so much vegetative material, but are focusing on the flowers?).
And they want you to start BLOOM after a month, and give a double dose midway through.

1704294167082.png

EDITED:
Ok, I have a gazillion questions, all at the moment. Thanks for helping!

On the roof there are small black flies on the two canna girls, and spots on the leaves.
(I did not see any eggs underneath the leaves, but I will go back and look again.)

spots.jpg

You can see one of the flies sitting on the top of the leaf.

spots 2.jpg

I made some Neem and Organic Soap spray, and sprayed, topside and underside.
Now she is all shiny from the soap (at least until the next time it rains).

sprayed.jpg

I guess I can continue to pray organic soap but discontinue the Neem when they start to flower.
Is Safer Soap better than organic soap?
(I guess this will be one for the bud wash...)

Are there other things I can do?

I made some Neem and Organic Soap spray, and sprayed, topside and underside.
Now she is all shiny from the soap (at least until the next time it rains).
Both those will work, but I'd spray every 3 days for a couple of weeks to be sure. Of course outside you're never really in the clear.
I guess I can continue to pray organic soap but discontinue the Neem when they start to flower.
Is Safer Soap better than organic soap?
I tend to to with Dr Bronner's unscented Castille soap spray in flower and only break out the Safer for emergencies (it needs to be rinsed off after it dries to prevent build up).

Back
Top Bottom