CBD Auto EmmyStack In AziSIPs, GeoFlora, Sweet Candy, Dynomyco, Roots Organic Soil +

Both those will work, but I'd spray every 3 days for a couple of weeks to be sure.
đź‘Ť

Of course outside you're never really in the clear.
Not really, no.
I tend to to with Dr Bronner's unscented Castille soap spray in flower and only break out the Safer for emergencies (it needs to be rinsed off after it dries to prevent build up).
Good tip, Shed! Thanks. Unscented Castille soap on the way. :thumb:

I tend to to with Dr Bronner's unscented Castille soap spray in flower and only break out the Safer for emergencies (it needs to be rinsed off after it dries to prevent build up).
Same for me but I use the Dr Bonner's in veg too. Every three days seems to keep mites and thrips at least, under control.

Ok, great topic. Which one do you use before exercise?
That is the one thing about cannabis is that it makes me want to not exercise. (Stretching good, but hard labor, you just do not wanna.)
That is why I planted the CBD Crack, was to see if it would help me want to exercise.

So, are there any particular strains you use for exercise? Or you just know how to focus through the stone?
I look at cannabis as a healing medicine (desired effect), not an intoxicant (stone). I use the term "high," just because people can relate to that. So, for exercise I use a sativa THC bud, combined with a CBD bud. I'll grind one, then the other, and mix the result in my grinder's fat base storage compartment. My grinder is a Santa Cruz Shredder. I'd say the optimum ratio of THC to CBD for me, for this exercise, is 2:1. If I was doing yoga, I might go for an indica instead of a sativa, for the deeper body effects, which greatly promote stretching and opening of "energy channels". For sativa these days I have White Widow. For indica, Humboldt Dream. For CBD, I'm using a chemotype 3 strain, about 10% CBD and under 1% THC. I have 3 phenos of that strain that I selected and numbered, #1, #9, #18... they're all great. #18 shows the most indica traits and most resin production (by far)... she's a small plant. I'm also growing Sweet Critical CBD which tested out over the summer at 15% CBD, and that was a test run. I've got one clone of her, and she's going into a 10 gal pot any day now. So, by adding the CBD, that really reduces the psychoactive effects – the more you add, the less psychoactive effects. For music, I'll usually go full sativa. For bed time, I'll usually go full indica, or maybe a little CBD added to that.

:ciao:

Same for me but I use the Dr Bonner's in veg too. Every three days seems to keep mites and thrips at least, under control.
It rained last night, so I will need to go make an application today.
Thanks.

I look at cannabis as a healing medicine (desired effect), not an intoxicant (stone). I use the term "high," just because people can relate to that.

Well, that seems like a very good distinction. Thanks. That is also how I feel about it (is as medicine), but I normally use the term "stone" because people can relate to it. So I guess I should try to be a lot more precise in my use of terms and language (and maybe it will communicate better?? :hmmmm: )
đź‘Ť

So, for exercise I use a sativa THC bud, combined with a CBD bud. I'll grind one, then the other, and mix the result in my grinder's fat base storage compartment. My grinder is a Santa Cruz Shredder. I'd say the optimum ratio of THC to CBD for me, for this exercise, is 2:1. If I was doing yoga, I might go for an indica instead of a sativa, for the deeper body effects, which greatly promote stretching and opening of "energy channels".

If you are into energy channels, have you tried Shiatsu Kush? It was bred in Japan to target certain Shiatsu points (they say).

For sativa these days I have White Widow. For indica, Humboldt Dream. For CBD, I'm using a chemotype 3 strain, about 10% CBD and under 1% THC. I have 3 phenos of that strain that I selected and numbered, #1, #9, #18... they're all great. #18 shows the most indica traits and most resin production (by far)... she's a small plant. I'm also growing Sweet Critical CBD which tested out over the summer at 15% CBD, and that was a test run. I've got one clone of her, and she's going into a 10 gal pot any day now. So, by adding the CBD, that really reduces the psychoactive effects – the more you add, the less psychoactive effects.

Right.
For music, I'll usually go full sativa. For bed time, I'll usually go full indica, or maybe a little CBD added to that.

:ciao:

Ok. I will try to be more precise and articulate with my language, and let's see how I do.

(And I won't ask what you do with all of that medicine you grow, hahahaha.)

I haven't tried Shiatsu Kush. Looks like the dominant terpenes are myrcene, limonene, and caryophyllene, so just by that it's probably not something I want to grow... because bud rot... unless there's a sativa-dominant pheno. If I was going for a kush, I'd look for a pheno with lots of terpinolene, maybe Vanilla Kush or Sour Kush aka Headband (Sour Diesel x OG Kush).

Here's a nice profile of a Sour Kush pheno... I'm guessing this would be a 50/50 with sativa effects. There are two phenos according to Reserva Privada, #1 sativa-dominant, #2 indica-dominant.

Sour Kush pheno (guessing sativa-dominant pheno #1):

Terpinolene0.57%
beta-Myrcene0.51%
beta-Ocimene0.33%
beta-Caryophyllene0.12%
D-Limonene0.11%

It rained last night, so I will need to go make an application today.
Thanks.
Probably not needed. The point of the every three days thing is not that the spray is effective for three days but rather the bugs' reproductive cycle is about that.

The spray will only be effective at killing the bugs that you directly spray. Once it dries its ineffective at killing much else.

So, you spray to kill the current offenders, both egg layers and juveniles. But over the next three days more will hatch since the spray is not effective at killing the eggs. It therefore becomes important to spray again within three days to kill those new hatchlings before they reach sexual maturity and lay eggs of their own.

The little bastards can hide in tiny cracks and behind leaves, inside buds, etc so it's nearly impossible to get them all on any one spray. So first round is to kill the current bugs, and subsequent sprays are to get new hatchlings and any you missed in prior rounds. Every three days for a couple of weeks seems yo be enough to really keep them controlled and then a weekly spray helps keep any new infestation under control.

Probably not needed. The point of the every three days thing is not that the spray is effective for three days but rather the bugs' reproductive cycle is about that.

The spray will only be effective at killing the bugs that you directly spray.

Oh.

Once it dries its ineffective at killing much else.
I thought the point of applying neem oil to the leaves was that it tastes bad (yet is non-toxic), so the insects do not like to bite it. Is that not correct?

So, you spray to kill the current offenders, both egg layers and juveniles.

Ok. I will have to look harder to find the eggs or juveniles. All I saw was black flies on top. I will have to do a much better search.

But over the next three days more will hatch since the spray is not effective at killing the eggs. It therefore becomes important to spray again within three days to kill those new hatchlings before they reach sexual maturity and lay eggs of their own.
Got it. Thanks.
:thumb:
The little bastards can hide in tiny cracks and behind leaves, inside buds, etc so it's nearly impossible to get them all on any one spray. So first round is to kill the current bugs, and subsequent sprays are to get new hatchlings and any you missed in prior rounds. Every three days for a couple of weeks seems yo be enough to really keep them controlled and then a weekly spray helps keep any new infestation under control.

Gracias. I think I get the idea. You just have to keep the suppressed.
Castille soap on the way...
:thanks:

I haven't tried Shiatsu Kush. Looks like the dominant terpenes are myrcene, limonene, and caryophyllene, so just by that it's probably not something I want to grow... because bud rot... unless there's a sativa-dominant pheno. If I was going for a kush, I'd look for a pheno with lots of terpinolene, maybe Vanilla Kush or Sour Kush aka Headband (Sour Diesel x OG Kush).

Here's a nice profile of a Sour Kush pheno... I'm guessing this would be a 50/50 with sativa effects. There are two phenos according to Reserva Privada, #1 sativa-dominant, #2 indica-dominant.

Sour Kush pheno (guessing sativa-dominant pheno #1):

Terpinolene0.57%
beta-Myrcene0.51%
beta-Ocimene0.33%
beta-Caryophyllene0.12%
D-Limonene0.11%
Man, you are way ahead of me!
Ok, so Shiatsu Kush will probably bud rot :(
But it is good to know, so I do not bother to try a grow, and lose the 'nutes! :)

I thought the point of applying neem oil to the leaves was that it tastes bad (yet is non-toxic), so the insects do not like to bite it. Is that not correct?
Oh, I thought you were using soap. I use neem in the soil but not as a spray, so can't guide you there.

Ok. Will do.

Only, may I please ask, what is the deal with Castille soap?
(Why is it better? Because there is no buildup?)

It washes off much cleaner and isn't as hard on pistils as neem.
But also doesn't have the fertilizer effect. Neem is often used in the countries of origin as an N source when used in the soil. The plant then takes it up and it acts as a systemic against bugs.

Back
Top Bottom