CBD Auto EmmyStack In AziSIPs, GeoFlora, Sweet Candy, Dynomyco, Roots Organic Soil +

The outside plants don't seem to be suffering from the chilly temps (not seeing any temp-related deficiencies), so that's good! You can't expect them to grow as well in the high 60s as they to 10+º warmer though.

Are those little flowers on the tops? Get a couple of pics of those!

Yes, I guess they are starting to show. This is girlie on the right.

IMG_2443.jpeg

These two are girlie on the left (maybe already showing some blue?).

IMG_2441.jpeg

IMG_2442.jpeg

With flowering coming on, I probably need to put them under cover, to get them out of the rain, huh?

Cannabis has been flowering outside since before humans walked the earth!
Well, regarding the timeline, that is one possibility, yes.
However, regarding leaving science experiments out in the rain, I did lose two Purple Kush autos and two Northern Light CBD Autos to grey mold indoors under LEDs with fans, and I also lost two Phoenix Sativa Surprises to green mold (after the harvest, while drying).
So, are you sure I should let my science experiment sit out in the rain?? 🔬🔭

So, are you sure I should let my science experiment sit out in the rain?
If you want to see if they're mold-tolerant, sure! :)

If it's easy enough to do you could rig up some clear plastic over them but leave room between for airflow though. You could also leave one uncovered and shake the water off after it rains see if there's a difference at harvest. Now that's a science experiment!

Since you got grey mold indoors you already know the RH in your neck of the wood isn't great for flowering those varieties indoors (without a dehuey) or out.

If you want to see if they're mold-tolerant, sure! :)
That's a good point.
I move them up against this brick half wall that catches pretty good sun, so they will get a little reflection of heat from the half wall.

image0.jpeg

If it's easy enough to do you could rig up some clear plastic over them but leave room between for airflow though.
Yes. Probably I can fashion some small brace that I can hold in place with tie wire or something.
It might cut a little sun, but then it would maybe prevent mold.

You could also leave one uncovered and shake the water off after it rains see if there's a difference at harvest. Now that's a science experiment!
Hmmm... I'm not sure if I should change more than one variable at a time.
Since you got grey mold indoors you already know the RH in your neck of the wood isn't great for flowering those varieties indoors (without a dehuey) or out.
Hmmm... good point. I'm just thinking that the locals recommend growing them underneath a rain fly Only (no walls). So, I am thinking, that might be the best place to start. But I will think about the idea of leaving one or both of them out.

Alternately, I can put the doors on the greenhouse to trap in heat and then get a dehumidifier, but I think you have to seal things pretty well to dehumidify, and I'm not sure what would happen to airflow. So, I hesitate even to think down that path.

In our next place, hopefully we can seal all of the doors and window jams, so that bugs cannot enter so easily. (I could try it here, but I think it would be a lot of work, and a lot of money. So I guess I will spray with Dr. Bronner's unscented.

Alternately, I can put the doors on the greenhouse to trap in heat and then get a dehumidifier, but I think you have to seal things pretty well to dehumidify, and I'm not sure what would happen to airflow. So, I hesitate even to think down that path.
It's probably way too much trouble to make an outside plastic room airtight if you don't have to. If a clear plastic (sloped) ceiling works for the natives it should work for you!

@cbdhemp808 , you were talking about different phenotypes.
This is one CBD crack sativa pheno (and sativa crack I get).

IMG_2450.jpeg

However, I have two smaller girls who are more like tight little Indicas. They seem like small plants to me, but clearly also much tighter.

IMG_2449.jpeg

I just thought an indica Crack seemed a little funny, but I guess maybe thise are the chances you take when you mix CBD and autos 😂

It is so not warm that I am wearing long sleeves, a fleece vest, and I am considering another layer.
Today has a projected high of 67F.
It is supposed to warm up for a couple of days, and then go back to normal (a heat wave, hahaha!)
If it reaches 70°F here in Hawaii, I call that "zero". Anything below that is down right frigid. 😂

Cannabis has been flowering outside since before humans walked the earth!
Those would be the landraces, and ... very consistent genetics, and adapted to their geographic regions and climates. Meaning, fungus/mold and pest resistant. For Colombia... Colombian Gold, Colombian Black, Santa Marta Gold, Punto Rojo, Cali Hills. Dinafem has an interesting article, "What are the main cannabis Landraces?"

I just thought an indica Crack seemed a little funny, but I guess maybe thise are the chances you take when you mix CBD and autos
It's actually a very interesting question... what other traits come along with the genetics of the chemotype III, i.e. the chemotype of high CBD and very low THC? I selected three phenos of a particular chemotype III, and two of them are somewhat similar, while the 3rd is very different. I'm almost starting to feel that any differences that CBD plants have over THC plants is more on the subtle side. So far, I've seen mostly indica-type effects and plant structure from CBD plants, but not exclusively. My holy grail would be to grow both indica-leaning CBDs and sativa-leaning CBDs, and have them all be bud rot and leaf mold resistant. :)

Those would be the landraces, and ... very consistent genetics, and adapted to their geographic regions and climates. Meaning, fungus/mold and pest resistant. For Colombia... Colombian Gold, Colombian Black, Santa Marta Gold, Punto Rojo, Cali Hills. Dinafem has an interesting article, "What are the main cannabis Landraces?"
Hmm....
If I end up pursuing this outdoor-grow thing, probably I should check the Colombian seed banks, to get strains that are already adapted to the climate.
At the moment I just need to grow out some good weed and store it in Malawi bags or something, in case I need to move.

It's actually a very interesting question... what other traits come along with the genetics of the chemotype III, i.e. the chemotype of high CBD and very low THC? I selected three phenos of a particular chemotype III, and two of them are somewhat similar, while the 3rd is very different. I'm almost starting to feel that any differences that CBD plants have over THC plants is more on the subtle side. So far, I've seen mostly indica-type effects and plant structure from CBD plants, but not exclusively. My holy grail would be to grow both indica-leaning CBDs and sativa-leaning CBDs, and have them all be bud rot and leaf mold resistant. :)
I think someone said that most CBD landrace strains are indica. I remember that because someone was celebrating that they were starting to offer sativa CBD varieties.
(And that is what I was originally going for with the CBD crack, was a CBD sativa. I am not sure what I will do with a Crack Indica!! 🤣 Maybe I can get to couch-lock much more quickly??)

I think someone said that most CBD landrace strains are indica.
I am not aware of any chemotype III landraces. I'm under the impression that high CBD and very low THC was accomplished through selective breeding. But there could be some landraces that produce I'm guessing maybe up to 5% CBD.

I am not aware of any chemotype III landraces. I'm under the impression that high CBD and very low THC was accomplished through selective breeding. But there could be some landraces that produce I'm guessing maybe up to 5% CBD.

Lebanese is, but Lebanon is arid to semi-arid.

Lebanese.jpg

My understanding is that a true landrace will be stable. Also, >1% THC implies chemotype II, aka 1-to-1 strain.

Thanks for mentioning Lebanese, El G, because it reminded me of HSC's Willy G's Lebanese. Sadly, it seems not available anymore. But Willy G's was bred from specific Lebanese phenotypes.

So, I'm a bit mystified, because Lebanese is known to have a "low level of genetic variation," yet the cannabinoid profile seems quite variable. Does this mean that it has known phenotypes and rarely ever throws variations beyond those known phenotypes? I'm guessing so.

We can see on Phylos that Lebanese (ACE Seeds) has a low level of genetic variation, but is not a pure landrace – it has landrace genetics, but also hemp, berry, and CBD. To me, this explains the genetic variation w/ cannabinoids, etc. (i.e. different phenos). By the way, Lebanese is a strange one... semi-autoflowering.

We can see on Phylos that Colombian Gold is a pure landrace, with the lowest possible genetic variation. I'm guessing true Colombian Gold will have just one phenotype, and consistent characteristics: plant structure, cannabinoids, terpenes, resistance, etc. (El G, check out the relatives on that Phylos Colombian Gold page.)

:ciao:

We can see on Phylos that Lebanese (ACE Seeds) has a low level of genetic variation, but is not a pure landrace – it has landrace genetics, but also hemp, berry, and CBD. To me, this explains the genetic variation w/ cannabinoids, etc. (i.e. different phenos). By the way, Lebanese is a strange one... semi-autoflowering.
What is the deal with semi-autoflowering? (My Top Tao seeds are that way.)

We can see on Phylos that Colombian Gold is a pure landrace, with the lowest possible genetic variation. I'm guessing true Colombian Gold will have just one phenotype, and consistent characteristics: plant structure, cannabinoids, terpenes, resistance, etc. (El G, check out the relatives on that Phylos Colombian Gold page.)

:ciao:
If I am going to go that way, I will want at least some CBD. So, I would have to take a look at local seed banks, but I have a zillion seeds I need to use up first.
(But probably in the future.)

Back
Top Bottom