Cherry Pie Auto - A Noob Perspective

Merlunie

420 Member
Disclaimer: I found this site after I had started this and have already learned so much. So what you have here is basically what I thought would be a half decent shot at growing.

Light: Vivosun VS1000
Strain: Cherry Pie Auto
Lighting: 18/6
Substrate: Fox Farms Ocean Forest

So… admittedly I have been lax about this whole process. I didn’t actually record her first day above ground however, based on when I germinated the seeds I am pretty sure it was 8/3. I will be using that date for the remainder and have made a big note in my journal for next time lol.

A9067F03-2FD0-4D25-AFA1-FA7E8C905D74.jpeg

About a week after this, I gave the first feeding of Fox Farms Grow Big. Again, moving forward I realize that more stringent documentation will be helpful. I noticed it responded very well, so I gave fresh water for a little less than a week before adding more.

73C6E4D1-B8F4-4D90-979E-93A956EFBE99.jpeg
8/14

This was the next day.

E443AAD3-BB21-412B-AF95-3A36F0B2C22F.jpeg
8/15

I gave fresh water again for maybe a week. Then started a feed again, but I think that might have been overzealous. As this next photo shows some signs of burn. This was 8/23.

560741AA-30F2-4C90-A3C5-BA2DD4A6298E.jpeg

Besides the obvious mentioned above about my documentation… I think I’m feeding too much, I think I might be watering too much, and I’ve noticed that I didn’t get the soil packed far enough in the pot and I’m losing space. Lessons for next time. I also need to hang my fan and vent but I feel like now it is too late to get in there with how big the plant is. I noticed it was getting a tad dank in there today :). My temp hovers around 23-28 Degrees C and I regulate humidity by allowing exhaust back in. I try to keep it a little higher for veg. I think that’s what I read was good. 50-70% depending on the day. Still working on dialing it in.

I wish I had done more strength training, I am a little worried about the integrity but the stalk is very thick so I’m hoping it works out. What should I do about trimming? Any suggestions? I should def fill the pot up with more soil right? I wanted to ask first. Honestly let me have it. I kinda threw caution to the wind here so if I am abusing the hell out of this poor thing let me know!

I’m a corporate slave so I promise I will respond, just not always super fast.

Looking good so far.... I wouldn't say burn... But signs of over watering... Just let her dry out to where the pot is light....if needed keep a pot filled with the same medium mix dry as a reference weight.

But keep up the good work catch ya around growmie :headbanger:

Howdy!

Slightly concerned with how limp she is. Her pot is very light but the soil underneath the top is still quite moist. The yellowing has gone away. Humidity is a little low I could try upping it. Not sure. I haven’t fed since my last mark timing.

Thoughts?

Thanks ☺️

image.jpg

Get that pot off the ground, elevators and saucers are relatively inexpensive.

Plant elevator.JPG

Definitely fill the pot, the roots will grow into it no problem....

No experience with FFOF but with ProMix HP I keep an eye on PPM's. I believe with that soil you let it get Almost dry before watering again.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with feeding recommendations...

Cheers

Get that pot off the ground, elevators and saucers are relatively inexpensive.

Plant elevator.JPG

Definitely fill the pot, the roots will grow into it no problem....

No experience with FFOF but with ProMix HP I keep an eye on PPM's. I believe with that soil you let it get Almost dry before watering again.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with feeding recommendations...

Cheers
Nabbing one of these from Amazon right now good call.

Taking the chance to get a tds and ph meter as well to get some more reading.

Topped the pot up a little today when I took that pictures I’ll toss more in and give it a soft pat. Thanks!

Nabbing one of these from Amazon right now good call.

Taking the chance to get a tds and ph meter as well to get some more reading.

Topped the pot up a little today when I took that pictures I’ll toss more in and give it a soft pat. Thanks!
Topped up the pot with what ?

Watering is tricky at first, especially in a final container.

At this stage you shouldn't be giving more than she can use in three or four days.

Start with a litre, a week later 2, etc.. My plants do not get a full watering for over a month.

Have you read @Emilya Green's how to water thread ? I highly recommend it..

You can see it here.

Cheers

Topped up the pot with what ?

Watering is tricky at first, especially in a final container.

At this stage you shouldn't be giving more than she can use in three or four days.

Start with a litre, a week later 2, etc.. My plants do not get a full watering for over a month.

Have you read @Emilya Green's how to water thread ? I highly recommend it..

You can see it here.

Cheers
Ahh the half bag of potting soil I had! Not more water 😂

No I am familiar with her tho I should have taken a look at that! I actually found her thread growing auto which has given me a lot of references. I’ve heard the lifting thing and that’s what I’m going do next time… I never really uhh picked it up before tho. I’ll check that out.

This morning I opened the tent and she was looking drrrrrrry and dank. I gave her a little water just checked back and she’s perked up. I think I get the watering thing now. Gotta think of it like a weed. Got a good feel for a dry pot.

Also put it on a stand today and got my PH and moisture meter in. No water for a few days now as She enjoys that. Will come back in a few days (5+ maybe) with some nutes I think. One more veg feeding I think.

Not going to lie guys, my rear puckered when I saw how limo she was this morning but good lord it didn’t take much water! Took off a few fan leaves as well that I wasn’t fond of.

Hey, Merlunie!

lookin' good! Don't be shy on the watering... water plenty and make sure you're getting enough run-off, into a basin of some sort. You can use a wet/dry vac to suck up the run-off from the basin. I don't know if you're hip to the preferred wet/dry cycle way of watering cannabis in pots... it works wonders.

happy growing! 🪴

Hey, Merlunie!

lookin' good! Don't be shy on the watering... water plenty and make sure you're getting enough run-off, into a basin of some sort. You can use a wet/dry vac to suck up the run-off from the basin. I don't know if you're hip to the preferred wet/dry cycle way of watering cannabis in pots... it works wonders.

happy growing! 🪴

I am slowly becoming hip to the dry/wet cycle 😂

Thanks! So far so good

While I have been quiet my plant has been getting LOUD. I did veg feeding late last week. Today I gave her the first shot of big bloom and tiger bloom. I also defoliated to try and make room for some of those buds starting. Some of the bigger fans were impeding I guess.

The stand helps me not drown the damn thing, the meter gives me a good idea of how much the plant is actually taking in. I think I’m figuring it out…. I did get a little to aggressive with a smaller part of the stem…. Hopefully that will heal…

9444C237-8524-4448-9B23-992E50D57548.jpeg

48E221D4-F075-4E8C-84BB-C37113663FE0.jpeg

5F3416BC-63EE-4B90-AB9D-394F2C13043C.jpeg

6DD7EDBB-237E-4999-A700-365798E469FA.jpeg

Disclaimer: I found this site after I had started this and have already learned so much. So what you have here is basically what I thought would be a half decent shot at growing.

Light: Vivosun VS1000
Strain: Cherry Pie Auto
Lighting: 18/6
Substrate: Fox Farms Ocean Forest

So… admittedly I have been lax about this whole process. I didn’t actually record her first day above ground however, based on when I germinated the seeds I am pretty sure it was 8/3. I will be using that date for the remainder and have made a big note in my journal for next time lol.

A9067F03-2FD0-4D25-AFA1-FA7E8C905D74.jpeg

About a week after this, I gave the first feeding of Fox Farms Grow Big. Again, moving forward I realize that more stringent documentation will be helpful. I noticed it responded very well, so I gave fresh water for a little less than a week before adding more.

73C6E4D1-B8F4-4D90-979E-93A956EFBE99.jpeg
8/14

This was the next day.

E443AAD3-BB21-412B-AF95-3A36F0B2C22F.jpeg
8/15

I gave fresh water again for maybe a week. Then started a feed again, but I think that might have been overzealous. As this next photo shows some signs of burn. This was 8/23.

560741AA-30F2-4C90-A3C5-BA2DD4A6298E.jpeg

Besides the obvious mentioned above about my documentation… I think I’m feeding too much, I think I might be watering too much, and I’ve noticed that I didn’t get the soil packed far enough in the pot and I’m losing space. Lessons for next time. I also need to hang my fan and vent but I feel like now it is too late to get in there with how big the plant is. I noticed it was getting a tad dank in there today :). My temp hovers around 23-28 Degrees C and I regulate humidity by allowing exhaust back in. I try to keep it a little higher for veg. I think that’s what I read was good. 50-70% depending on the day. Still working on dialing it in.

I wish I had done more strength training, I am a little worried about the integrity but the stalk is very thick so I’m hoping it works out. What should I do about trimming? Any suggestions? I should def fill the pot up with more soil right? I wanted to ask first. Honestly let me have it. I kinda threw caution to the wind here so if I am abusing the hell out of this poor thing let me know!

I’m a corporate slave so I promise I will respond, just not always super fast.
Lol. Loving the admission slavewise. I’m subbed in even if it’s for the humour 😂👊👍 happy growing brosef

I let her get pretty dry one day then got overzealous with the water. Tad water logged at the moment. Defoliated a bunch will give her 2-3 days of no water and see how it comes out. Should perk back up from what I’m learning there’s a little sweet spot between dry and wet you want to maintain. I seem to go under or over, less is more I think when watering.

Also football has started and among amateur pot grower, my other titles include very bad gambler and fantasy football GM. Y’all enjoy the season I’ll prob sprinkle in a little humor here or there since it’s going on now.

D12BADA6-6EEF-42CC-A1B3-547166BE2139.jpeg

I’m loosely assuming this is over feeding.

Gave fresh water going to let it go for a few days and dry out with the fresh water. Wont need anything for a little I think. Unless it’s the opposite? Idk

9737954A-699A-4E4B-AED0-ACD4FA183D3E.jpeg

4C1ABF77-B7DB-4238-9CC3-01A0219D1A37.jpeg

035876BB-0C48-4B4D-BE9C-DBA29F2DDE4F.jpeg

4E8A2DCE-2162-4764-BBB6-282063CB3666.jpeg

I battled the same issue using those nutes man… look into organic dry amendments next go around. Your flowering so make sure you’re following FF feeding schedule. Looks like a N deficiency but early flowering so hard to tell.

I battled the same issue using those nutes man… look into organic dry amendments next go around. Your flowering so make sure you’re following FF feeding schedule. Looks like a N deficiency but early flowering so hard to tell.
Will check it out. I plan to start another basically as soon as this one is done. Okay I’ll see which one of my nutes is higher in N and give some of that to try and supplement.

Thanks!

Going into flower, seeing some tip burn and yellowing. Is it happening fast all over the plant? Are the other plants showing the same issue? Could be lockout also. P def shows that also

Back
Top Bottom