Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

You'll be like a surgeon applying that CS to the branch nodes. You don't have to cover the entire branch top to bottom. Just any node along the branch. Any possible "bud" sites are the spots you want to brush it on. And yes, I have harvested and smoked all the rest of the plant other then the CS branch.

I personally don't stop applying the CS at the first sign of pollen sacks. I tend to continue the right before lights out application until I see a good number of pollen sacks (3-4 days after they start to appear) and then stop. I do stop applying it in the morning when I see the first sacks appear.

There are different scenarios one you've produced pollen sacks and it depends upon you desires. If you want a very controlled pollination you'll want to clip off the CS treated branch and put it in a glass of water with 1/4 strength nutes. Segregate it from the other plants (another room preferred) and make sure it has a light over it. When I do this method I use a vase with a larger opening so the branch it at as hanging out of the vase at like a 45 degree angle. Some people put a mirror down on the table under the branch, I use a piece of glass. This will catch pollen that falls allowing you to collect it with a razor, business card......whatever. When I'm actively collecting the pollen I have a dark colored glossy business card that I hold under the open sacks. I hold it there with one hand and light, very lightly tap on the pollen sack so it falls onto the business card. You can repeat this process every morning until either you have enough pollen or he quits giving it up. Ten days to two weeks is not uncommon for me.

Immediately upon collecting it either use it or store it.

Is this something you're ready to do now? immediately? If so I will walk you through the steps. But if it's something you are wanting to do in the future I will be going step by step as I do the process with the two auto flower plants I just started.

Colombian Gold Seed Making Update 11/3/18
Well the boy has gone completely insane with his production of pollen sacks the last two days. Incredibly prolific pollen sack popping all over the top portion of the plant.

I'll have to keep a very close eye on him and be ready to move him into "quarantine". His spot is all ready for him, and I expect at the rate he's popping out pollen sacks it will be just a few more days. Again, the female has started to produce flowers and has pistils. I could just leave the two plants in the tent together and they would produce seeds. But they would mature weeks before the plant was ready to harvest and I prefer to try to have the plant and the seeds mature at close to the same time. So I want to pollinate her in about 2-3 more weeks if her buds have grown to a good size providing the most pistils.

The female is looking nice and healthy this morning.

Colloidal Silver Seed Making Project Update 11/3/18
The two plants involved in this project are both autoflower plants. As of this morning both are now in their final size pots, both 3 gallons. I transplanted the Dark Devil auto from her hempy solo cup into a 2.8 gallon pot.....also hempy as she was looking really healthy to me. So the Quarter Pounder auto has about a week head start on the Dark Devil. But watch how quickly the Dark Devil grows in the hempy compared to the Quarter Pounder. You'll get to see this in photos as they will be growing just like this, side by side until I'm ready to start treating a branch on the Quarter Pounder with the CS spray.

Here are the two starlets in their final pots.

So right now we're looking at a tentative date of 11/18 to start applying the colloidal silver to a branch of the Quarter Pounder auto plant. If you have an autoflower seed on hand get it planted and make yourself some seeds at the same time. I can't tell you how tickled you'll feel when you've pollinated your own plant and see seeds you've created forming on your plant.

Is this something you're ready to do now? immediately? If so I will walk you through the steps. But if it's something you are wanting to do in the future I will be going step by step as I do the process with the two auto flower plants I just started.

This is something I want to try next year with some Autoflower strains I have. So I will follow along here and take notes ! I’m excited to watch the process !
Colloidal Silver Seed Making Project Update 11/3/18
The two plants involved in this project are both autoflower plants. As of this morning both are now in their final size pots, both 3 gallons. I transplanted the Dark Devil auto from her hempy solo cup into a 2.8 gallon pot.....also hempy as she was looking really healthy to me. So the Quarter Pounder auto has about a week head start on the Dark Devil. But watch how quickly the Dark Devil grows in the hempy compared to the Quarter Pounder. You'll get to see this in photos as they will be growing just like this, side by side until I'm ready to start treating a branch on the Quarter Pounder with the CS spray.

Here are the two starlets in their final pots.

So right now we're looking at a tentative date of 11/18 to start applying the colloidal silver to a branch of the Quarter Pounder auto plant. If you have an autoflower seed on hand get it planted and make yourself some seeds at the same time. I can't tell you how tickled you'll feel when you've pollinated your own plant and see seeds you've created forming on your plant.

I’m eager to try it myself in the future and look forward to learning everything I can here along the way !

I think you and everyone will be amazed at just how easy this is to do. Once you acquire some nice strains you can build a lifelong collection of seeds to grow, give away, and trade with friends for strains you don't already have.

Colombian Gold Seed Making Update 11/3/18
Well the boy has gone completely insane with his production of pollen sacks the last two days. Incredibly prolific pollen sack popping all over the top portion of the plant.

I'll have to keep a very close eye on him and be ready to move him into "quarantine". His spot is all ready for him, and I expect at the rate he's popping out pollen sacks it will be just a few more days. Again, the female has started to produce flowers and has pistils. I could just leave the two plants in the tent together and they would produce seeds. But they would mature weeks before the plant was ready to harvest and I prefer to try to have the plant and the seeds mature at close to the same time. So I want to pollinate her in about 2-3 more weeks if her buds have grown to a good size providing the most pistils.

The female is looking nice and healthy this morning.
Could you elaborate more about the seeds maturing earlier if the male is left with her.

I totally missed the boy, thats amazing! and the pollensacks are really all over there:cheer: When i pollinated my girls i did it when the first pilstil was there. Now that you mention the buds wont get that big if you pollinate early, it makes sense. Next time i add them a little later in the process.

Could you elaborate more about the seeds maturing earlier if the male is left with her.
@Diggler420 it's possible you misunderstood what I said. If I just leave the male plant in with the female I would expect the male to start dropping pollen in another week or so. That is earlier then I want to pollinate the female. So the male will be removed and moved to a different location away from my flowering girls. No matter when the plant is pollinated the seeds will take the same amount of time to mature.

Now that you mention the buds wont get that big if you pollinate early, it makes sense. Next time i add them a little later in the process.

What I said was.......I like to wait until the buds get more fully developed (bigger) before I pollinate the plant. The bigger the buds, the more pistils, the more seeds the plant can make.

Pollinate when you first start seeing pistils there just aren't many pistils. You'll get seeds sure, but they will mature faster then the plant and there won't be as many as if you wait to pollinate.

What happens with autos when they have a faster flowering time and the seeds need 5-6 weeks to mature ?

Autos also flower quickly. I am sure they exist, but I am not familiar with autos with a flowering time shorter then 45 days. And just because a breeder description says it's a 45 day flowering period I'm going to run that plant long enough for the seeds to mature. The final product might have more of a narcotic effect, but you harvested both buds and seeds.

Autos also flower quickly. I am sure they exist, but I am not familiar with autos with a flowering time shorter then 45 days. And just because a breeder description says it's a 45 day flowering period I'm going to run that plant long enough for the seeds to mature. The final product might have more of a narcotic effect, but you harvested both buds and seeds.

Excellent ! Thanks beez!

Hey Newty.......I wet trim, then wash the buds and let them drip dry. I dry using the Low and Slow method in brown lunch bags. I put approximately 30 grams in each bag and put them in the fridge. About every 3 days I gently rearrange the buds in the bags and put them back in the fridge. Average drying time for me is 10-12 days. Curing I do in mason jars.

Sunday Colombian Gold Update 11/4/18

Both plants are doing really well this morning. The boy continues to push out new pollen sacks and stretch. The girl is growing more young buds and the early buds are increasing in size. That's what you want when you're making seeds. The bigger the buds, the more pistils available to pollinate = more seeds. I'm leaving the boy in there at least for another day. He's not looking threatening yet as far as being ready to start dropping pollen. Here are a couple photos of the pair this morning.
Here is the girl.

And here is the boy.

ATTENTION SHOPPERS! Although I am not a big advocate of buying the "way overpriced connoisseur" seeds, I do see the need to start building a seed collection from somewhere. Now would seem to be a great time.

@SeedsMan one of the fine sponsors on the 420 site is having a fantastic Halloween sale. If you shop smart you can come away with a haul!! If you spend 75 euros (about $85 US dollars) you get to choose a free bundle of seeds. Either 16 fem seeds, 18 auto flower seeds, or 6 high CBD seeds. Plus there are breeders offering deals during this Halloween sale. Buy from them and get free seeds too. Heck, you could spend $85.00 and come away with 25 or 30 free seeds.

THANK YOU @SeedsMan
Hey just wanted to let you know that after a disappointing time trying to get some older seeds to germ this week, I investigated this deal and walked away 150 bucks poorer. I got roughly 35 seeds and about 18 different strains coming to a grow tent near you haha!

I’m grateful for the time you take to update this journal Beez. I, waiting patiently for the show to start on that QP auto ya got going. I need to pick up that CS and join you on this quest! I have 4 autos going that just threw pistils so I might be late, plus I can’t afford the space to put each plant in isolation from each other.

I have a 4x4 tent and a 2x4 insulated box I built. Being that I just started doing photos again, my thought was to veg/clone in the box and flower in the tent. Maybe there’s a smarter way to use my spaces?

Back
Top Bottom