Crashdog's 1st Grow Journal - How To Torture Small Leafy Things - DWC

Oh and make sure your hydroton is covering your tops of the rapid rooters

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thank you. This confirmed my suspicions. I checked on them last night and Goldie has some rot going on. I was wondering how light was getting in there. I inspected the bucket for scratches in my piss poor paint job. Then I had my "oh fuck" moment. Rooters weren't covered. I put some Hydroguard in with my Gals last night. Hopefully that will kill the rot.

I feel like a pimp daddy. Or maybe it's the Sailor Jerry, but if Wilma doesn't get her shit together then she's going to be bobbing knob on ugly dudes under a flickering old neon sign in a back alley. She should be your star performer! White Widow is every noob's dream come true. They grow despite everything we do wrong! Low light? No problem. High pH? They got this! Too much water? Bring it on, rubber ducky. Maybe if you smack her around and talk mean to her. That's what I do to my girls.

I agree. Its time for a more in your face approach.
I had been trying a more spiritual approach by dancing naked in front of her to new age music. The cucumbers loved it, they all sprouted. But I found Wendy lying on her side this am. Maybe it was to much "in your face" for her. Or in my case, not enough. She was leaning towards the cucumbers.

I pulled up a seat to also watch the grow. Same as you I'm hooked on Hydro doing DWC also. And likewise it's a DIY setup. I wish you the best of luck in your grow need and help or anything send me a shout or better yet point the Bat Light to the sky!

GOTHAM

Rider you're too funny, crash are you planning on training the Gold? Just a heads up but you're gonna need some room lol, have to get a new pic of our GL she's already filling our veg space! Those babies are going to fill out nicely .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yes, Most definitely. Alice and Goldie will both be trained. Lst and scrog'n. They are about 2 weeks ahead of Wilma and I want to get them the same height before flowing.

I pulled up a seat to also watch the grow. Same as you I'm hooked on Hydro doing DWC also. And likewise it's a DIY setup. I wish you the best of luck in your grow need and help or anything send me a shout or better yet point the Bat Light to the sky!

GOTHAM

Thanks for joining.
I think I bought a circus tent instead of a grow tent.
It's madness here.

So I decided to take Rider's advice.

I searched the local news papers and was able to find a Motivational Speaker that does house calls.

Slide_1.jpg
Slide_2.jpg
slide_3.jpg
SLIDE_4.jpg

I can't believe the growth in 1 week.

Alice and Goldie on 2-17

aIMG_1068.JPG

And here they are tonight 2-24

aIMG_1112.JPG
IMG_111333.JPG

Amazing
That is some awesome growth in 7 days in my uneducated opinion. Keep on doing what your doing. They're pretty already. .

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Makes ya feel like a proud papa, doesn't it. When everything is right it's crazy how fast these plants convert light, water, and nutrients into new growth. You may not have the knack for growing cucumbers but I bet you grow a mean weed, Crashdog!

Love I found this journal. You're a funny fuck crashdog. Girls look good. Sorry if I missed any mentions, but are you planning on training them?
Thanks Tuckers
I worry sometimes I might not come back to the sane side :loopy:
Those 2 will defiantly need some LST and then scrog. Wendy's little motivational pep talk has got her started so I need to keep the AK47 and Golden Leaf as low as possible till those White Widows catch up. They are a good 2 wks behind in growth.

That is some awesome growth in 7 days in my uneducated opinion. Keep on doing what your doing. They're pretty already. .

HAAAAA, You must of missed the part about Wendy. HAAAAAA
Thanks for stopping by.

Thanks Tuckers
I worry sometimes I might not come back to the sane side :loopy:
Those 2 will defiantly need some LST and then scrog. Wendy's little motivational pep talk has got her started so I need to keep the AK47 and Golden Leaf as low as possible till those White Widows catch up. They are a good 2 wks behind in growth.

HAAAAA, You must of missed the part about Wendy. HAAAAAA
Thanks for stopping by.
Wendy was just napping on the job. Had the vapors. I plan on giving all motivational speeches to my girls in the nude now. That way I know who's squeamish. .

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Makes ya feel like a proud papa, doesn't it. When everything is right it's crazy how fast these plants convert light, water, and nutrients into new growth. You may not have the knack for growing cucumbers but I bet you grow a mean weed, Crashdog!

Thanks Rider.
You were right about watering around her. I think I drowned her earlier. I need those roots to search for water. I'll have to look into a drop feed system for my next grow.

So I'm currently without power. What was the first thing I powered up after I finally got my generator going? That's right, my grow room. The hell with my 3 sump pumps in the basement. I got a couple hours before the water reaches the washer and dryer.
Note to self. Buy more extension cords

What the hell happened? Weather related or a squirrel on a transformer? Good damned thing you have a generator!

Weather,
out for 2.5 hours. I only powered the bubbles. It would of been lights out in another hour anyway. I'm still in veg and they had gotten way over 12 so no worries.
I did find myself sitting in the grow room, in the dark with a glass of wine listening to the bubbles. Very calming.

You like learning things rider, seems like something you could invest time into haha just playing

You have no idea. Investing time into learning is my modus operandi.

A few years back I got interested in surgery techniques. I dove head first into learning. Before I knew it I had amassed enough surgical equipment to outfit a complete in-field surgery suite. Everything. Literally... everything. One night my wife and I were watching some medical show on TV and the doc asked an intern which bowel resection technique was appropriate given the variables presented and I blurted out the answer. My wife is very understanding of my needs but she paused the show and put her foot down. Something about letting my intellectual obsessions dominate my life. I donated almost everything to a local animal hospital.

A month or so ago a close friend presented with a heterotopic pregnancy. Twins, one of which was ectopically located in a fallopian tube. I went to a pre-surgery consult with her. After discussing the various interventions the doc asked where I practiced. When I told him I was a layman he just stared at me like I was a freak of nature. But following our conversation he did change his initial approach, preserving the intrauterine fetus.

My wife dropped a kitchen knife which landed across the top of her foot, severing the tendon to the big toe. She wanted me to stitch her up but I didn't have everything I needed since I'd donated the fun stuff. In the ER I had to glove up and pump the pressure cuff because it leaked, so I got to watch the surgeon work. After he cut back to find the tendons I held the tendons with forceps while he applied small interrupted sutures. I asked him if the Achilles tendon technique wasn't a better option for such a large tendon and, being the egotistical prick that most surgeons are, he angrily asked if I wanted to do the surgery. I said yes. He pointed out that I shouldn't even be assisting but for the circumstances. His sutures ultimately failed. My wife had to go back into surgery with him utilizing the Achilles technique, on his own dime.

There's so much more. I've got a double-E, crafted state legislation to my benefit, been a lethal and less-lethal weapons instructor for the state, a state's expert witness on use of force, started and sold engineering companies, owned a bail bond agency, contracted for fugitive recovery all over the US, was the head brewer for a craft brewery, and managed air operations for UPS. Most of it concurrent with owning and running a tattoo and piercing shop for the last twenty one years. Sometimes, an obsessively curious mind has benefits.

Back
Top Bottom