Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With High Brix

I have one seed left of Fast Buds Girl Scout Cookies. Being that they are Autos I can't just clone it. I was hoping to spray the bottom and use it to fertilize the top.

It would work though the results would probably be less than desirable. You have a much higher chance of expressing recessive undesirable allelles (phenotype resulting from genotype). Self combinations tend to be weaker plants because of this. It's the ultimate in inbreeding. Much better to use another pheno of the same plant or a similar pheno from a different strain.

Breeders do self (s1) but they have a nice facility to weed out the weirdos.

I have a bunch of seeds from a Panama that fertilized itself. I ran one and it was identical to the mother, but the second seed I tried was a weird funky, non-viable pheno - a very strange low plant with weak spindly stems that could barely support its own foliage. :laugh:

After a few days sequestered in the lonely closet, it seems some of the male flowers are starting to open!

I've gathered my brushes and black card stock and will start to try to gently shake some pollen loose in a few more days. I'd like to do most of it on the weekend if I can as I'll have ample time to do it more carefully then.

zoom110.jpg

zoom210.jpg

zoom310.jpg

Man, I'm getting kind of excited as this project progresses. It's been unusually smooth to this point. All of the tagged recipients of the pollen are looking good too and starting to show some pistils at all the bud sites. It looks like timing is going to be spot on.

:cool:

After a few days sequestered in the lonely closet, it seems some of the male flowers are starting to open!

I've gathered my brushes and black card stock and will start to try to gently shake some pollen loose in a few more days. I'd like to do most of it on the weekend if I can as I'll have ample time to do it more carefully then.

zoom110.jpg

zoom210.jpg

zoom310.jpg

Man, I'm getting kind of excited as this project progresses. It's been unusually smooth to this point. All of the tagged recipients of the pollen are looking good too and starting to show some pistils at all the bud sites. It looks like timing is going to be spot on.

great job! Govt!! :)

no nannas on my girls yet..I will be ordering the Coloidal Silver you have govt; the one I used on my first female seed project. :)
i will try this one again but will use the known to work CS as a control.
from yesterday
image8550.jpeg
image8549.jpeg

today:
I sprayed with BRIX, gave them some Transplant in H2O; pics later..

That's the same one I use Gov. I mix CS with my RO water until my ec reading says 125. I'm not sure how to get ppm. I believe you either multiply by .5 or .7. I just started spraying my girls yesterday. The CS is almost 2 years old now but has been in a dark cool place so hopefully it works.

There were earlier discussions about self pollinating. I did that with a NL5H strain but with 2 clones of the same mother. Not sure if that is considered self pollinating. I haven't grown any of the seeds yet. Maybe i'll pop one and update this post with how it turns out. I did use that pollen on a Blueberry female and grew that out. Very good combo!

Allsmiles, I'm not sure what the conversion factor is for calculating ppm from EC, but as long as the values are within the range for whatever task you're doing, it shouldn't matter. When you say "EC 125", do you mean 1.25? Most TDS meters have option to toggle between EC or PPM so whichever works best for you is the one to use. ;)

I think the discussion earlier was a question of whether you can pollinate a part of the same plant that didn't get reversed with colloidal silver. Yes, you can do that. As far as making seeds with pollen from a reversed plant, and using that to pollinate a clone from the same plant...well, that's what I'm doing. I'm pollinating a clone from the same plant as well as pollinating 2 other phenotypes from the same strain.

lol...same ratio for me except I only make 4 oz total. 3:1

I like to make smaller batches, unless needed, and more often..
I have a CS generator but never used it to make CS for use on my plants.. i wanted to use something standardized so i ordered the colloidal silver with known concentration.

Love what you guys are doing here! Very handy skill to have in the tool box!

A question on timing:
Lets say I have 6 clones all from the same mother, rooted, upcanned, and ready to bloom.

If you moved all six to the bloom room at the same time and started spraying one of them with CS would the pollen start dropping at the correct time? Or would it be better to let the boy get a head start...or for that matter the girls get a head start?

Back
Top Bottom