Dark Matter, Red Sky, Chunky Cherry Thai, BP Skunk In LOS

Highya SO,

Gorgeous pictures! Those colas are only half way to chop day?!? If they double in size you'll need some help to smoke it!! If not, you might still need the help. haha. Those colas on the Red Sky are beautiful now! I had a lady last year that had fat colas like that!! Great smoke! All the ladies look really nice!! Your harvest will be a fun time!! Happy Vapin'

I don't think Buildabloom once in two weeks will cause burn.
I usually add a microdose of it to mine once or twice a week.
So at most 1/2 dose a week.
Could be low humidity higher heat causing plants to drink more possibly.
Humidity's been mid 30's in there or less. Temp at leaf tops mid 70's light on, mid 60's off. The heat pads are still working under the pots too so there's some things to think about there. Maybe that did it, I didn't know that would do it. Bud's are developing ok as far as I can see. Interesting thanks!

Highya SO,

Gorgeous pictures! Those colas are only half way to chop day?!? If they double in size you'll need some help to smoke it!! If not, you might still need the help. haha. Those colas on the Red Sky are beautiful now! I had a lady last year that had fat colas like that!! Great smoke! All the ladies look really nice!! Your harvest will be a fun time!! Happy Vapin'
Hi Bode, thanks! If the Red Sky smoke is half as good as the way she's growing with her intoxicating smell of cherries, she'll be incredible! She took over the whole tent. If I get nose to bud on the others they pale in comparison. Haha, I always need help enjoying! I'm hardening off this week. Hello summer!

It's curious how some seem to use CS to easily reverse and others struggle. This year I tried 24ppm on 4 plants, 4 different strains, up to 4 - 6 times a day and I even pricked with a pin around the nodes of one plant, but unfortunately none of them responded. :hmmmm:
Yeah, I remember the pin pricking, thought that was a great idea! This whole thing is like we're missing a piece of the puzzle.

Yeah, I remember the pin pricking, thought that was a great idea! This whole thing is like we're missing a piece of the puzzle.
Yes it's a bit of a puzzle. I tried it first with a CBD auto, maybe it's flowering cycle was too short to adequately work. Then I tried it with 3 different photo strains, 2 had already started showing pistils so maybe it was too late for them, the 3rd didn't show pistils until at least 2 weeks after starting spraying and it was unsuccessful too. :hmmmm: :lot-o-toke:

Yes it's a bit of a puzzle. I tried it first with a CBD auto, maybe it's flowering cycle was too short to adequately work. Then I tried it with 3 different photo strains, 2 had already started showing pistils so maybe it was too late for them, the 3rd didn't show pistils until at least 2 weeks after starting spraying and it was unsuccessful too. :hmmmm: :lot-o-toke:
With enough experimenting we'll get this!

If it looks like nute burn only at the top of the plant it sounds more like light burn to me, and the leaf edges are curled up on that one which is another sign.

Either way those are beautiful plants Otter, as usual!
Yep, only the larger leaves on the colas above the main body are affected. They're getting 5 to 600 par. The Red Sky is getting 1300 par and has no indication at all. Very strange.

Since this is my first run with @DYNOMYCO I have to wonder if there's any connection there. This is also the first time this has happened in my grows. Does Dynomyco create such a condition that my plants are taking from the soil so well that this is happening? I'm not seeing this as a bad thing, i just haven't seen this before and would like to understand what's going on.

The plants are looking great, SO!

I'm with Shed on this one. It looks more like light stress to me.

Have you grown/tried these varieties before? I'm excited to hear how they smoke, when you get there. :ganjamon: :cheer:
Could very well be Sye. I have not grown any of them before or seen anyone grow them. The author of the soil book I use(True Living Organics) sells them and I admired the soil so much I had to try the genetics. I'm getting excited too! Today I'm giving a tester of Black Poison Skunk the chop I grew in a one gallon pot. She was a real reaker of a stinker. Pics in a while.

Your colas are monsters. Sorry about the colloidal silver not working. Did you buy or make yours?
It's bought. 250 ppm on the bottle mixed down to 85 with distilled water. Those red Sky's are really bulking up! They're changing smell now too from a very bright cherry to something more refined and less "holy crap that's loud". The vent goes out the window and I get a wiff from everywhere I am in the yard now depending on the breeze.

:green_heart:HAPPY DAZE ARE HERE AGAIN!!! :green_heart:

High folks :ciao:! Black Poison Skunk Tester has had her last day living for herself. The rest of her time she'll be helping us with our lives. She grew up in a one gallon pot and was flowered from the time she showed her first pistol. Such a stinker! I mean WOWZA! That middle flower stench went by the by and now she's a much more mellow version of that. I don't wretch now when close. 124 grams wet comes to just 1 ounce dry projected. I can see why there's a contingent of people who like a skunk. It's a little different. She's hanging in 60% rh now. Here's the Black Poison Skunk at 70 flowering days with mostly milky trichs, a few amber.

If the Red Sky got Dynomyco as well then that rules it out as a culprit. I'd say some plants are more sensitive to light than others, like some are to stronger nutes.
Sounds solid. Two have it and two don't, and all appear pretty healthy budwise.

What a great plant for a 1 gallon. Well done Otter!

A noble pursuit, and we thank her.

So much winning!
So much! Now the other seed from the same pack has a completely different scent. It must be leaning towards the other than skunk parentage. Here's the parents:

"The father (Black Poison) is a hybrid recombining my Black Forrest male and my Black Durban. A severely smelly and deadly variety with intensity for days… The mother is my Red Russian Skunk, a super olden (like olden from the early 80’s) inbred line of true Skunk with huge yields, fast finishing times and a devastating high-type. I do mean devastating too, this Skunk line along with being super skunk smelling and covered in resin, is also dumbfounding to both body and head."

It smells a little musky and something today. Not a pungent skunk forward smell at all.

Highya SO,

Love that description of your Black Poison Skunk! Someone knows how to sell seeds!! She sure was stacked. Her infrastructure may have been small, but she filled it out well! Great job! Happy Vapin'

Back
Top Bottom