Dark Matter, Red Sky, Chunky Cherry Thai, BP Skunk In LOS

Wow, stone! The descriptions of what you're planning on growing sound intriguing and makes me wish I lived closer to you so that I could try some or all of them, with your permission of course. :battingeyelashes:

Good day all! Yesterday and last night made a full germination for these beauties, thank Tommy Chong! One of them is represented in the back solo, a Black Poison Skunk at 20 days old. I'll be using her as a trainer of sorts as we go along. No agenda yet but likely breeding.
These are the original lineup in the journal title, round 2.
Wow fantastic selection, love the descriptions too. Looking forward to them growing StoneOtter! :hookah:

Highya SO,

The descrpitions sound tantalizingly interesting! Whoever wrote those must've recieved a pulitzer prize. Quite interesting! It'll be fun to watch, and interesting to get the smoke reports! Great choices! Happy Vapin'
I think the writing got the hook set in me! The Rev guy is a colorful thinker. I'm betting his plants will be awesome imagined from a mind like that.

Great write-ups to go with those seeds...I hope they were expensive with that kind of history!
Nope, these were below many of the high end seeds I see. I can't seem to click the $200.00+ a pack seeds we're seeing from the high end sellers. These are a fraction of that.
Speaking of history, I like knowing where and how things got done, and that this is part of the fabric that made this an actual industry. The Lad is a humble extraverted OG in my book. Strange and interesting may be another way to describe him, in a good way. Kind of how I see myself. :Rasta:

• HI LET'S REUPDATE
Hey there all :ciao: , I was burrowing down the rabbit hole and found a new recipe from The Rev for spiking. The following is cut and pasted from his article in Skunk 2021 so more current than my books as I explained earlier. I have to assume this is an improvement over the method I showed you last month or whenever that was. This is a good read if you're interested in trying it out as it states some rules i likely left out. My set ups have used 4 spikes, he's running less now.

• Never use soil spikes in containers’ soil where roots are already present. Raw nutrients in contact with living roots kills those roots fast. Outdoors, in the ground, on larger plants you can spike where roots are already present. In the ground, soil temps are cooler, air is limited, metabolism is slower, so it has only small negative impact on living roots.
    I myself only use spikes in two situations. Flowering containers, and long-term mother/father clones. However, you could always use them in every container (sizes above 3”) if you wanted to.
    Only use soil spikes during transplants so you can sink them into soil without roots! You want the roots to find the spikes and adapt accordingly, on site, heh heh.
    Per container, I use 2, or 3 spikes; basically 3 spikes for flowering plants, and 2 spikes for everything else. I used to use 4. You don’t need 4. Spikes pack big power.

• Why use soil spikes? Well, you can allow your plants to stay in containers longer, and get larger than “normal” in those containers, while staying 100% happy and healthy. In high metabolism indoor gardens that run really hot and dry, they are almost essential, allowing your container to pack a bigger punch, food-wise, for the microbial soil life and the plants. Bigger yields, faster growth, etc. Let’s boogie…

• EXCELLENT FLOWERING CONTAINER SPIKES: (1) 1-part bone meal, and 1-part kelp meal. (2) 1-part bird/bat guano (not the high P type), and 1-part kelp meal. (3) 1-part crab meal, and 1-part alfalfa meal.

• GENERAL CONTAINER SPIKES: (1) 1-part blood meal, 1-part bone meal, and 2-parts alfalfa meal. (2) 1-part crab meal, 1-part bird/bat guano, 2-parts alfalfa meal. (3) 1-part blood meal, 1-part crab meal, and 2-parts alfalfa meal.

Highya SO,

No worries, the young'un'll catch up by flip day. Off to a new start!! Anticipation runs rampant! Always nice to see new strains grown out. Happy Vapin'

Highya SO,

No worries, the young'un'll catch up by flip day. Off to a new start!! Anticipation runs rampant! Always nice to see new strains grown out. Happy Vapin'
I'm thinking of doing some breeding with the large one if it's a he. Try to keep small and maybe collect some pollen. There's two seedlings in the batch to hope for a she from. We'll see how it unfolds.

• HI LET'S REUPDATE
Hey there all :ciao: , I was burrowing down the rabbit hole and found a new recipe from The Rev for spiking. The following is cut and pasted from his article in Skunk 2021 so more current than my books as I explained earlier. I have to assume this is an improvement over the method I showed you last month or whenever that was. This is a good read if you're interested in trying it out as it states some rules i likely left out. My set ups have used 4 spikes, he's running less now.

• Never use soil spikes in containers’ soil where roots are already present. Raw nutrients in contact with living roots kills those roots fast. Outdoors, in the ground, on larger plants you can spike where roots are already present. In the ground, soil temps are cooler, air is limited, metabolism is slower, so it has only small negative impact on living roots.
    I myself only use spikes in two situations. Flowering containers, and long-term mother/father clones. However, you could always use them in every container (sizes above 3”) if you wanted to.
    Only use soil spikes during transplants so you can sink them into soil without roots! You want the roots to find the spikes and adapt accordingly, on site, heh heh.
    Per container, I use 2, or 3 spikes; basically 3 spikes for flowering plants, and 2 spikes for everything else. I used to use 4. You don’t need 4. Spikes pack big power.

• Why use soil spikes? Well, you can allow your plants to stay in containers longer, and get larger than “normal” in those containers, while staying 100% happy and healthy. In high metabolism indoor gardens that run really hot and dry, they are almost essential, allowing your container to pack a bigger punch, food-wise, for the microbial soil life and the plants. Bigger yields, faster growth, etc. Let’s boogie…

• EXCELLENT FLOWERING CONTAINER SPIKES: (1) 1-part bone meal, and 1-part kelp meal. (2) 1-part bird/bat guano (not the high P type), and 1-part kelp meal. (3) 1-part crab meal, and 1-part alfalfa meal.

• GENERAL CONTAINER SPIKES: (1) 1-part blood meal, 1-part bone meal, and 2-parts alfalfa meal. (2) 1-part crab meal, 1-part bird/bat guano, 2-parts alfalfa meal. (3) 1-part blood meal, 1-part crab meal, and 2-parts alfalfa meal.

So are your spikes being used in place of other nutes or in addition to other nutes? And, I think you said you're growing in LOS?

So are your spikes being used in place of other nutes or in addition to other nutes? And, I think you said you're growing in LOS?
Hi HG, The Rev summed it up better than I've been able to. There's several reasons but for me keeping a smallish pot and a fairly big yield is the working answer. He has this to say.
  • "Why use soil spikes? Well, you can allow your plants to stay in containers longer, and get larger than “normal” in those containers, while staying 100% happy and healthy. In high metabolism indoor gardens that run really hot and dry, they are almost essential, allowing your container to pack a bigger punch, food-wise, for the microbial soil life and the plants. Bigger yields, faster growth, etc. Let’s boogie…"
Yep I'm in LOS ala The Rev's mix V2. So I add microbe teas a couple of times to keep the micro herd feeling gung ho. That's what I'm trying for anyway ;) . It's working out so far.

These plants are selective eaters when they feed this LOS way. They send an exudate, a message, a desire if you will, to microbes that get that message and somehow there's an exchange between them and the plant receives what nutrient it called for. Having a spike is like food in the fridge. The plant knows it's there and will feed from/with its microbial hangabouts when she pleases. That's what I'm told anyway. This is amazing to me!

GOOD DAY ALL
MULTIPURPOSE UPDATE

High folks, what a day! I got to root prune a mother plant! Let's see how it went. This is a first and I'm following a method found here on The Mag. for bonsai plant training.

There's going to be a lot less roots so there needs to be a lot less plant. I gave her a haircut.
From this
To this
I had 3/4 of an inch of side root/soil to cut off and an inch from the bottom.

The method calls for compost for the new medium. I had worm castings and used them. It seemed a mite strange to use this stuff having no pearlite or anything to aerate and loosen. I took two cuttings in case it fails and did not try the other bonsai mother trainer yet. I want to see this one thrive first. BONSAI :yahoo: !

On another page, the Black Poison Skunk tester in the solo cup got a new 1 gal home. She's a sweetheart all closely noded and leafy. If I had a choice I'd have all my plants look like that. So healthy. She got roots!
And on the @DYNOMYCO front. These solos full of dynomyco treated soil are alive with microlife! You can see the green growing on top of the soil. My microbes are gorging themselves on it! Fat happy microlife baby!
And the future of the grow all together.
I wish you a happy healthy and lovely day. We're in for some more snow so I'm watching the bird feeder, making yogurt and pizza dough. Peace.:green_heart:

Highya SO,

I think she'll pull through! It will give you more confidence with your next one! Your pruned mother presentation was very informative! It's always fun trying new things, then making it better next time.

Snowing up here, too. Supposed to be 2.5 in. Dusting. I made homemade pizza for the Super Bowl. It is sooooo good!! Enjoy your pizza and Happy Vapin'

Back
Top Bottom