DarkStar Project - Advanced Growing

First, awesome results with the SOG. But I knew they would be with that set-up. I love the pic showing the whole mass of buds. One could fall asleep on a cushion of those!

Second, I almost DIED when you said, "2 days ago she fell down and I had to make a stand with stakes to support her." That's insane!! and in a 10" pot, too! Damn dude, you remember the saying "Be like Mike"? I wanna be like Mr. Smith!

Last, I just want to say that I was waiting on pins and needles for this next part: THE VERT! I also thought you'd end up retrofitting for individual drips because of the overflow problems you had while testing; good call there and great fix. About the working space, you said that you pulled it to the center of the room so you could work from the outside rather than crawling in through the pipes. Was there any way you could have turned the pipes under using 2 90's and a 6"-10" pipe straight down to make the pipes carry the flow back and forth around the octagon as gravity pulled it down, so as to open a "door" you could walk inside the space more easily, sort of like the letter "U" turned on its side for the right and left of the "door", instead of the diagonals that are currently in place? You'd only need about a 2' gap between to sneak in and the space is wasted anyway with the diagonals. Just a thought.

I'm glad I subbed those months ago. This is gonna be EPIC!

I only have one complaint. YOU THREW AWAY THE DARKSTAR MUM! I would have put her in the DWC when the Darkstar monster came out.

First, awesome results with the SOG. But I knew they would be with that set-up. I love the pic showing the whole mass of buds. One could fall asleep on a cushion of those!

Second, I almost DIED when you said, "2 days ago she fell down and I had to make a stand with stakes to support her." That's insane!! and in a 10" pot, too! Damn dude, you remember the saying "Be like Mike"? I wanna be like Mr. Smith!

Last, I just want to say that I was waiting on pins and needles for this next part: THE VERT! I also thought you'd end up retrofitting for individual drips because of the overflow problems you had while testing; good call there and great fix. About the working space, you said that you pulled it to the center of the room so you could work from the outside rather than crawling in through the pipes. Was there any way you could have turned the pipes under using 2 90's and a 6"-10" pipe straight down to make the pipes carry the flow back and forth around the octagon as gravity pulled it down, so as to open a "door" you could walk inside the space more easily, sort of like the letter "U" turned on its side for the right and left of the "door", instead of the diagonals that are currently in place? You'd only need about a 2' gap between to sneak in and the space is wasted anyway with the diagonals. Just a thought.

I'm glad I subbed those months ago. This is gonna be EPIC!

I only have one complaint. YOU THREW AWAY THE DARKSTAR MUM! I would have put her in the DWC when the Darkstar monster came out.

After the diy vert was built and used I realized I could have left a section open with 90 degree elbows but the system is cemented together and will only come apart with a sawzaw now. The vert was built to replicate another person's diy. My next build if ever will be smaller in size and will have a easy access point but its still hard to work in the middle with a burning 1000watt bulb right beside ya and its really easy just to do the work like trim and prune from the outside of the machine. As for the DSmum, sorry bro. I can't let one plant slow me down and I own alot of different seed to use up. I restocked not long ago and bought 500 bucks worth of seed and I am still not finished with the seed I purchased last year. So many strains I wish to grow and try out and only one lifetime to do it all. This year's goal is to maximize bud production with sogs and rdwc grows. I want better numbers and you know the saying, practice makes perfect lol. It was nice to finally break the one gram per watt ratio last year. It would be better to crush the number this year lol.

After the diy vert was built and used I realized I could have left a section open with 90 degree elbows but the system is cemented together and will only come apart with a sawzaw now. The vert was built to replicate another person's diy. My next build if ever will be smaller in size and will have a easy access point but its still hard to work in the middle with a burning 1000watt bulb right beside ya and its really easy just to do the work like trim and prune from the outside of the machine. As for the DSmum, sorry bro. I can't let one plant slow me down and I own alot of different seed to use up. I restocked not long ago and bought 500 bucks worth of seed and I am still not finished with the seed I purchased last year. So many strains I wish to grow and try out and only one lifetime to do it all. This year's goal is to maximize bud production with sogs and rdwc grows. I want better numbers and you know the saying, practice makes perfect lol. It was nice to finally break the one gram per watt ratio last year. It would be better to crush the number this year lol.

Yeah, I kinda figured that was the case. Plus, after three different types of grows that are all the same strain, ya gotta change things up a bit, and I COMPLETELY understand that one :rofl:

And I hear ya with the saws-all. Funny how that happens when we're following the plans of another that little things like that get overlooked in the name of wanting everything to work right. Then, afterwards you slap your forehead and say, "DAMMIT! I should have.........."

As far as the 1kw bulb, it wouldn't hurt the plants to be on fluo's for an hour while you care for the little things. It would only be every other day at max right? The rest would be a quick inspection, and spot checks. But I guess the light would be hot, still.... Hmmm... maybe on a yo-yo to get it more out of the way so you could work? Meh, just one mad scientist bouncing ideas to another.

Grats on the gram-a-watt, by the way! That's pretty nice yield. You got a half per on the SOG, any idea what to expect with the vert, or from the Darkstar monster?

Wow, indicas make me type like mad... Sorry about that

Impressed doesn't begin to describe it. The root mass and the canopy mass are damn near matched from what I'm seeing. She's gonna hit your ceiling! Damn well done so far! I'm very glad I subscribed to this thread.

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm calling it...15-17oz cured weight.

man i have a SUPER BUZZ RIGHT NOW, man that looks like my friend paul's beard man. that is the nicest root cluster i have seen to date..... WOW. I am envious man for sure. keep up the great work and +rep for sure.... AWESOME:goodjob:

Glad to see you have the vert going again. Last run was impressive! Shame you tossed the mom out, but I know you have bigger plans for your future grows.

I want multiple strains going for the summer. Gonna run the 36 and the 60 in the same room one month apart and try to have a harvest every 35 to 40 days using the SOG with the super heavy prune and trim. 3 to 6 short mums will do with a change up in strains here and there depending on what I like then maybe a multi-mum grow in the fall when I replace all mums and get ready what I think of next. I still have a lot of ideals swirling in my head and its hard to choose which style I will do next. I like trees and bushes but a even sea of bud is also impressive in its own right. I also want to do a couple coir drain to waste grows and maybe a few wick types on the side. Gotta keep it interesting or else I get bored and lazy doing the same routines.

I want multiple strains going for the summer. Gonna run the 36 and the 60 in the same room one month apart and try to have a harvest every 35 to 40 days using the SOG with the super heavy prune and trim. 3 to 6 short mums will do with a change up in strains here and there depending on what I like then maybe a multi-mum grow in the fall when I replace all mums and get ready what I think of next. I still have a lot of ideals swirling in my head and its hard to choose which style I will do next. I like trees and bushes but a even sea of bud is also impressive in its own right. I also want to do a couple coir drain to waste grows and maybe a few wick types on the side. Gotta keep it interesting or else I get bored and lazy doing the same routines.

You can plan for autumn's grow; you rule today with all you know :adore:

Near three years I've followed your work, Mr Smith. All good :allgood:
You intend a DTW coir grow? Wunderbar! You'll raise the bar with your attention to detail,
and offer more lessons for all :thanks:

In the meantime, massive multiple vertical bare bulbs emulate sunpower.
Better than natural hydro support, and this: a very not boring grow, DarkStar :bravo:

You can plan for autumn's grow; you rule today with all you know :adore:

Near three years I've followed your work, Mr Smith. All good :allgood:
You intend a DTW coir grow? Wunderbar! You'll raise the bar with your attention to detail,
and offer more lessons for all :thanks:

In the meantime, massive multiple vertical bare bulbs emulate sunpower.
Better than natural hydro support, and this: a very not boring grow, DarkStar :bravo:

OO! OO! Do a haiku next!

Pics of vert day 5 in flower.

001_ds_vert_d5f.JPG

003_ds_vert_d5f.JPG

Pics of DSM in day 31 flower

004_DSM2_d31f.JPG

The stand is made with 15 inch long 2by4s with holes in it to support stakes. I have 12 4foot long stakes coming out of the stand, some are straight up and down and some are at a angle.

007_DSM2_d31f.JPG

006_DSM2_d31f.JPG

009_DSM2_d31f.JPG

011_DSM2_d31f.JPG

Root shot

012_DSM2_d31f.JPG

Back
Top Bottom