Derbybud Does CBD Strains In Coco & More

So I've had allot of people ask about how I made my auto watering system. Well he it is. I have only about $80. In it with the timer. Uses a 27 gal. Tote, a cheap pond pump from HFreight, some PVC tubing and valves, a splitter head and tubing from Lowe's. Also has an air stone that runs 24/7. The pictures show the values in position to run the pump to just circulate for mixing nutes.
Rez circulating

4 branch head with shut offs

4 branches of equal length

Watering halo for drip irrigation

I'm running late and will try to edit in more later if I get time. Just ask questions and I'll get them answered.
Bang on mate. Those halos are exactly the sorta thing id want aswell. What do you think would be a simple timing schedule to keep to for watering? Eventually Ill tinker myself but obviously I dont wanna br overwatering or under.

It's based on what size pump you use and how big of holes you drill into the halos. Also how many holes.
Ah fair play lol. Ill try a better question. How much water should I put through and how frequently ? Ill test it all when I put it together. 5gal smart pot good soil, good drainage

Ah fair play lol. Ill try a better question. How much water should I put through and how frequently ? Ill test it all when I put it together
I'm running in coco so I'm feeding 3x a day. For me to guess what you need would be a disaster. If you know how much and how often you feed you should be able to do that same schedule with some trial runs.
Let's say you feed your plants 1 gal. Every day take your whole set up and put the halos in a bucket. Start the pump and time it for 1 min. Measure what you collected in the bucket. Let's just say 1/2 gal. You would need to run your pump 2 min a day.

I'm running in coco so I'm feeding 3x a day. For me to guess what you need would be a disaster. If you know how much and how often you feed you should be able to do that same schedule with some trial runs.
Let's say you feed your plants 1 gal. Every day take your whole set up and put the halos in a bucket. Start the pump and time it for 1 min. Measure what you collected in the bucket. Let's just say 1/2 gal. You would need to run your pump 2 min a day.
Ok cool exactly what I needed to hear. So I could just do what I normally do but spread it out a bit more? Cos youre in coco yours would be draining quicker right? So Ill probably be better off doing less feedings but more volume. I think lol

Ok cool exactly what I needed to hear. So I could just do what I normally do but spread it out a bit more? Cos youre in coco yours would be draining quicker right? So Ill probably be better off doing less feedings but more volume. I think lol
If your feeding once a day keep feeding it once a day. Or if you feed once every 3 days stick to the same schedule just let it do it for ya. You can buy timers that you can program different days and times.

@Rider509 would be so proud.....

If your feeding once a day keep feeding it once a day. Or if you feed once every 3 days stick to the same schedule just let it do it for ya. You can buy timers that you can program different days and times.
Ok got ya. Cos im in soil ill figure out a way to switch between nutes and water. 2 tanks. 2 timers. 8 lines and just have 2 connections on the halos.

You might need 2 sets of halos or it might back feed thru the side not running. Just make them different diameters and you'll be fine
Had crossed my mind but I thought because of the gravity itd be ok. But yer good shout ill have a looksy

Back
Top Bottom