The DeVille's White Widow & Bubbleicious - 8 Plants Under 2x Mars Pro II 320

Looking at my clones. They all have new growth and they all have very yellow leaves. So I do believe they all have roots, but I can't see any yet. I wonder if I should wait until I can see roots before I transplant them or if they would survive a transplant already. 3 of them is one week old and 5 of them is 12 days old.

They seem to not care whether the dome is on or off at this point.

UPDATE #13

Grows
White Widow & Bubbleicious - Day 42
Loveryder & Jack Herer - Day 16

Clones
Big Bud & Pure Power Plant - Day 13 & Day 8
White Widow & Bubbleicious - Day 1

READY FOR A NEW BATTLE OF THE CLONES?

Today I took 1 clone from each plant in the main-room and named them WW #1, WW #2, B #1 and so on. I only know when harvest time is here which clones to keep for future growing/breeding. Last time I eliminated the clones one by one until I had 4 left. 2 of them became the mothers I will use for future grows.

This round I won't kill off any clones. Since I'm getting so much gear I can just as well make use of them.

Here's my current clone collection. This time I can not allow the cats to eat any as I only took one of each plant. If they eat them the genetics are lost for good. There is 18 clones in there and I know exactly which clone is which plant.

clones175.jpg

The reason I took the clones today is because I intend to flip the switch for 12/12 within a few days. It's time for the next level of this grow. The net is not completely filled out, but I want to continue pushing them under the net for a week or two into 12/12. By then the net should be quite full and ready to produce a sea of buds. It's always a little hard to decide when to flip, but I think we're almost there. They almost emptied the tank and I can just as well begin to feed them bloom nutes when I re-fill the tank.

Over and out
DeVille

PS! With this cloning method success rate seem to be 100% - At least so far. That's if I don't count the clones the cats ate :) This round is a further development of the method I used the previous round and I believe I may have improved the method considerably by doing so. Now relative humidity stay above 90% at all times. Even when I remove the dome humidity levels stay above 70%

UPDATE #14

MAIN ROOM
5x White Widow & 3x Bubbleicious
Days from seed - 43
Days flowering - 1

HOMEBOX EVOLUTION Q80
2x Loveryder & 1x Jack Herer
(Autoflowering)
Days from seed - 17

Big-Bud & Pure Power Plant (Mother-plants)
Days alive - 129

CLONING STATION
7x Big Bud
Day 14 & Day 9

2x Pure Power Plant
Day 14

5x White Widow & 4x Bubbleicious
Day 2

FLIPPING THE SWITCH

Just a very minor update to let you all know that I turned off the lights at 9 this morning. I will keep pushing branches under the net until I see pre-flowers. From that point on I will let nature take it's own course. I do realize I should probably waited another week or maybe even two before I flipped the switch, but as I managed to fuck up by waiting too long each and every time I tried to do scrog, I want to do the opposite this time and see how that works out for me :)

I do have hopes they will fill out the net pretty good the coming week or two while we're waiting for pre-flowers. I think we're gonna see a good harvest also this time. What do you folks think? You saw the photos from yesterday - today it's a little bit more, but not enough for me to bother taking new photos.

As you see I am keeping very detailed statistics on all my plants and clones. Think I will thank myself for that when my breeding project begins.

Over and out :)
Devil

Yep. light was turned off 9 this morning. Will turn on again 9 in the evening.

Yep. light was turned off 9 this morning. Will turn on again 9 in the evening.
Ok! I was wondering why off in the morning!
So your light will be on during the night! Is it for heat issues?

My method of cloning V2

People may have noticed I used perlite last round in the bottom of the tray. That worked well, but not as well as I would like.
This time I used vermiculite instead, then made it nice and moist with reverse osmosis water pH'ed to 6.0. I also added some Canna Rhizotoniz in that water. I submerged the rockwool in the same water mixture. Then I took the cuts, scraped off the outer layer of the bottom stems, then did an angled cut before I dipped the cuts in rooting gel, then I put them into the moist rockwool cubes. I gave the rockwool a gentle squeeze first to get out about 30% of the water.

Then I put the clones and the rockwool inside a grow-house filled with this wet vermiculite. Then I spray the plants with the same water solution I used for everything else. I spray them once a day while I air the grow house a little. That's pretty much it. The wet vermiculite will maintain perfect conditions inside there. Even with the dome off relative humidity never goes beneath 70%. It's able to maintain these stable conditions for weeks - plenty of time for the clones to root and harden up.

I do keep a heat-mat under the grow-house. But I only connect it once a day and I unplug it as soon as the temps get close to 26 degrees. Never let it get hotter than that! These higher than 27 degrees temps are sadly perfect for harmful bacteria to grow, that may cause your roots to rot. 24-26 degrees is perfect for root development - keep that in mind and don't let them freeze either. That will slow down rooting considerably!

Also - sterilize all equipment before you take clones.

Success rate this way so far is 100%

Here you can see the conditions inside the grow-house with the dome on

thecode.jpg

yeah - It's to save some energy. In the day I don't need to heat the room at all while the lights are off. During night the lamps heat the room

Ok! I was wondering why off in the morning!
So your light will be on during the night! Is it for heat issues?

Found this little guy in my Homebox evolution Q80 tent. That was quite a surprise. I really wonder how it got in there in the first place.

Will carry it down to the swamp on my property. Was wondering if I should put it there or next to the river. But I think it belongs in the swamp. At least I hope so.

krabat.jpg

THE 36V COLLOIDAL SILVER GENERATOR

As the headline indicates, I connected together some 9V batteries to generate enough power to make silver-water or colloidal silver as it's usually called. This is my first attemt, and I will show you the entire process in hopes I will receive constructive criticism/feedback on method and result. Let's begin with the beginning.

I used:

4x 9V batteries
Electric tape
999 silver tread
Distilled water
Coffee filter
EC/CF/PPM meter

First of all I used the distilled water to check the PPM meter. I got 0000 on first attempt. So far so good. Don't pay attention to the pH. That diode wasn't connected

00050.jpg

Then I connected 4 9V batteries in serial, generating a total of 36V. I attached a 999 silver tread to both + and - poles. About the same length on them both.
0013471.jpg

Then I put the silver treads into a glass of distilled water and waited
0023349.jpg

After a minute or two the reactions started to happen. One pole is generating a cloud of silver while the other is generating bubbles.
0033199.jpg

I took the treads up now and then and cleaned them to avoid too much contamination. I read a little bit about it and I think I did this far too rarely and not thorough enough. I will improve on this next time. I also used room tempered distilled water. I read somewhere that you're supposed to use around half of it at boiling temps, but don't understand why. Input would be appreciated!

Here you can see the water starting to get really clouded. Wonder what PPM is at this point. Measuring PPM levels in colloidal silver is another theme I want to discuss a little further down.
0042988.jpg

After an unknown amount of time, this was the result. Extremely cloudy stuff!
0052779.jpg

I decided to measure the PPM again, and to my surprise it was only 0070. With so much cloud in the water I kinda expected much higher numbers. Then I did some reading again and that made me extremely confused. Apparently we can't trust PPM meters to measure the levels of silver in the water correctly. So I have no idea what the real PPM is or if what I read was true at all. Anyway - 70 PPM is quite strong so I can dillute it a little bit if the numbers are for real. Think maybe 30-50 PPM would be good for making feminized seeds? I don't know. I never tried to do that.
0062458.jpg

Then I strained everything through a coffee filter to get rid of the worst impureties. The end result is still extremely cloudy and I do find it hard to believe it's only 70 PPM. Anyone out there who knows how I can figure out that?
0072286.jpg

Then I poured the "colloidal silver" into this vintage looking sprayer. If I did everything correct, I should be set for making feminized seeds soon. But I do have a feeling I may have to go back to the drawing-board. That's why I want the input of you good folks here. Did I do this correctly? Can I use it? How strong do you think it is? and so on.
0082061.jpg

And that was the very first batch of The Deville's Colloidal silver

Back
Top Bottom