Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Yup....sure..that would help.
Go with 1/4 inch and don't go further up than 2 inches.
Just fast , random holes all around....this will let O2 get to the soil mass.
Our soil breathes really well and another lil tip....when you fill your pots. .fill them very loosely , without packing it down....very important.
Fill them up as far as u can...It will settle quickly over the next couple weeks. Doing it that way has a few advantages.Cheers man.

When I can afford them I have some 7 gal. air pots in my cart along with a LUX meter and some Yoyos still need some clip on fans too Dam more money to spend but I will not need them for a few weeks so maybe I can get them next pay check. I thought the fabric pots would work but after reading this I will try to get the air pots
your cell may have an app for the lux... lumens, i think, too... hope this wasn't old post...

i use the meter because i already have it. if i had it to do, again: did u already get the best lighting u could swing? can ya get any closer, without bleach, or burn? your new meter wish list, has just been crossed off. all it does, now, is piss me off- "u mean i can go 1600+ par, but can't get that close, without bleaching? I'm not sure my next choice of words is permissible... but parts of it rhyme with huck finn. so now, it's a quick fix for placement, various variabls depending, but a tape measure works (par for seedlings, x for flower, etc, & they're all over the place because we require multiple strain classes (day n night use oils). i only elaborated for newer readers. go get dinner, take ur sig other out n get some. it's $ better spent, imho.

my med problems made it more difficult to b as attentive as any grower should b so if it was shiny and meant i could skip any time spent off my back- it's probably collecting dust, somewhere.
there's alot o krap out there that every male grower, instantly HAS TO HAVE. couldn't b more obvious the tide has turned, women r in charge and they're exploiting our weaknesses with lights, buzzers, bells and plenty of chrome. ever see a pair u didn't wanna squeeze? same thing.
ask around, b4 parting with your $, if ur not sure wait- that smart fridge is back on. THEY FOUND ME!
some things, you'll want 3 backups for and the old tech, litmus strips... eventually, everything breaks and it's never a good time.
geez, and i thought yesterday's mix gave me oral diarrhea n peaked my narcissistic tendencies!
sorry, fellas!

one more thing- think there was a beginner, n here- i think it's flourex- makes a cheap meter- u need to design your space around the power demand u can support... 1000 watt light, 600 watt evap, 600 watt fanage, pumps, air, co2, clone tank, heat mat, propagation lighting, tents, reflection, etc- odds r u have a 15amp fuse for the location so- do ur homework. fire prevention? detection? security? stank? the poolman says the door opens and the world stanks. i run a filter at intake and exhaust so whatcha gonna do? do u live in a situation where stank violates the neighbor's peaceful enjoyment right? hvac, medium, pots.... all considerations, before u walk out ur door. and u still have other stage's tools you'll b wantin and they sparkle, too! price rosin presses? closed loop evaps? one should b sure.
i was smoked and it was probably day 1 at location echo... when i learned that lesson and the currier wasn't even finished delivering, yet.

I have read this, took me like 2 weeks....
I still dont get it,
how do you test brix in weed...
and why would higher sugar load in a smokeable flower be desirable?

I have read this, took me like 2 weeks....
I still dont get it,
how do you test brix in weed...
and why would higher sugar load in a smokeable flower be desirable?
Well, my favorite way of testing is still smoking, but if you want to be more scientific, you can use an inexpensive device called a "Brix Refractometer". Higher brix levels means a healthier, more pest and disease resistant plant with higher nutrient levels and superior flavor; and is directly related to the quality of the soil.

Higher brix levels means a healthier, more pest and disease resistant plant with higher nutrient levels and superior flavor; and is directly related to the quality of the soil.
I see that said a lot, but where do you get that info?
My understanding of it is as follows and maybe you can explain to me what I am missing.
brix is nutrient density, and is directly related to plant efficacy regarding the uptake of potassium during and right before ripening.

I dont understand where you get plant or soil health from, and high brix feeding in an organic soil will feed good things and the pests alike no?

I see that said a lot, but where do you get that info?
My understanding of it is as follows and maybe you can explain to me what I am missing.
brix is nutrient density, and is directly related to plant efficacy regarding the uptake of potassium during and right before ripening.

I dont understand where you get plant or soil health from, and high brix feeding in an organic soil will feed good things and the pests alike no?

Hey Ten! Ill let Doc and the others answers your question. Are you considering the kit? If you read this whole thread then you've seen the amazing results, many from 1st time kit users, you've seen us all exclaim how awesome and easy the kit is, you've seen the unrivaled (by ANY other grow system) support, you probably have not seen too many kit users give up and go to other systems and providing you get more great answers like Krips, there are not many if any reasons why you should not try the kit!?!? You too can be an assimilated weed snob of the highest order! Cheers Ten!

:passitleft:

Brix measures the total dissolved solids in the sap of a plant, which includes sugars, organic acids, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and phytonutrients.

It's not high brix "feeding", per se, but building a soil that has near-perfect conditions to allow maximum nutrient & mineral uptake by the plants. You're not feeding the plants or the pests, you're breeding & feeding the beneficial microbes in the soil.

I hope that helps! :Namaste:

Good morning 10G, Krip , Ween and friends. We need a link to one of the pages where Doc describes the 'kit' and High Brix in detail . I know he has explained Brix many times and wish i hadda booked marked them or sumpin.
In a bit of a hurry right now (son has hockey soon) . Hopefully Doc will chime in and give 10G the explanation he desires. Cheers and have a great day all u guys.

The explanation on doc’s website is my go to when I’m describing it to anyone. Lots of great info there all nice and neat in one place. Check that out if you haven’t 10.

Good morning 10G, Krip , Ween and friends. We need a link to one of the pages where Doc describes the 'kit' and High Brix in detail . I know he has explained Brix many times and wish i hadda booked marked them or sumpin.
In a bit of a hurry right now (son has hockey soon) . Hopefully Doc will chime in and give 10G the explanation he desires. Cheers and have a great day all u guys.
This one maybe?

Could use some help identifying a leaf issue.

Strain is Panama (Ace). Day 16 of 11/13. The fastest growing and tallest colas are showing "burnt" edges on leaf serrations and some necrosis on leaves. (see pic).

Various references say this is a Potassium def. can anyone confirm?

I hit the plant with Destress this morning. Other suggestions? This plant has NOT received its recharge yet, nor its first CAT - not quite ready for the CAT. Applying BRIX weekly. I have another Panama from the same pack of seeds, but very obviously a different pheno that is not expressing this issue.

Been feeding the Panamas on the heavy side - Drenches 1.5ml/gal of soil, Tea at .5ml/gal soil.

Out of curiosity what HB product is highest in Potassium?

Thanks.
A1E30493-CFBB-4BC3-8B04-B6E5D5502550.jpeg

This one maybe?

However, High Brix is not about feeding the plant....it's about feeding the soil so that the soil releases all it's energy to the microbes, which release all their energy into the plant, which in turn feeds all the microbes, etc.

yes that helps a lot
ty

Back
Top Bottom