Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

However, High Brix is not about feeding the plant....it's about feeding the soil so that the soil releases all it's energy to the microbes, which release all their energy into the plant, which in turn feeds all the microbes, etc.

yes that helps a lot
ty
I just found it by searching "nutrient density" and member @Doc Bud and it was actually the first post that popped up. That is a seriously interesting journal.

Put the cover on,..but don't seal it closed ok! Leave it like this without messin with it. Check to make sure it's still moist after 2 weeks or so,..ok. Cheers .
Oh,,,make sure your water supply is proper too. Distilled , RO or tested well water is OK. Tap water is NOT ok unless tested and left to sit out a couple days (to let the Chlorine evap.) and you have the correct proper filters to clean out all the Chloramine (bad, bad, bad)

Could use some help identifying a leaf issue.

Strain is Panama (Ace). Day 16 of 11/13. The fastest growing and tallest colas are showing "burnt" edges on leaf serrations and some necrosis on leaves. (see pic).

Various references say this is a Potassium def. can anyone confirm?

I hit the plant with Destress this morning. Other suggestions? This plant has NOT received its recharge yet, nor its first CAT - not quite ready for the CAT. Applying BRIX weekly. I have another Panama from the same pack of seeds, but very obviously a different pheno that is not expressing this issue.

Been feeding the Panamas on the heavy side - Drenches 1.5ml/gal of soil, Tea at .5ml/gal soil.

Out of curiosity what HB product is highest in Potassium?

Thanks.
A1E30493-CFBB-4BC3-8B04-B6E5D5502550.jpeg

Transplant is highest in potassium....but the soil has plenty.

Put the cover on,..but don't seal it closed ok! Leave it like this without messin with it. Check to make sure it's still moist after 2 weeks or so,..ok. Cheers .
Oh,,,make sure your water supply is proper too. Distilled , RO or tested well water is OK. Tap water is NOT ok unless tested and left to sit out a couple days (to let the Chlorine evap.) and you have the correct proper filters to clean out all the Chloramine (bad, bad, bad)
Thanks a lot Duggan. Tap water here has very low ppm (~65), pH 7.5 and very low chlorine levels. I let sit 5g for 24h and used that in the soil. Hope everything works out.

Me too... :high-five:...Can u get it tested after your prep time. U should try and get it tested, to see wat the levels of nasties are. The PPM of yours ids ok , but how much Chloramine is in it?
Still waiting on my friend's reply but a quick search showed that the city I live in uses chlorine and NOT chloramine.

I must also point out that I use this tap water for spontaneous fermentation with great success. Little microbes seem to thrive!

Still waiting on my friend's reply but a quick search showed that the city I live in uses chlorine and NOT chloramine.

I must also point out that I use this tap water for spontaneous fermentation with great success. Little microbes seem to thrive!
I could probably get away with using my tap water.... but with all the love, effort, and money I put into the whole process it just makes more sense to use distilled. Using tap water would make my life much easier, but the risk is not worth it for me.

I could probably get away with using my tap water.... but with all the love, effort, and money I put into the whole process it just makes more sense to use distilled. Using tap water would make my life much easier, but the risk is not worth it for me.
I see your point and you're probably right. I hope I didn't make an error right at the beginning!! You make me doubt now... :hmmmm::nervous-guy:

I see your point and you're probably right. I hope I didn't make an error right at the beginning!! You make me doubt now... :hmmmm::nervous-guy:
It is all what you want to do. I am trying for some top shelf produce....using clean water is just best, so I aim for best. I don't own a car either, so it really is the hardest part for me. Especially at the end when they are sucking liquids fast....it takes an effort to keep up with water getting delivered.....but I love my plants so much right now, they deserve it. I actually wouldn't drink my tap water either though, I only drink spring water.

Doc, if the soil has plenty of Potassium, are you implying that my leaf issue is not a Pot. deficiency? If not, any suggestions on what might be causing it? Thx.

The soil is borderline too high in K right out of the gate.....so the concept of a "deficiency" is illogical.

Why isn't the plant being fed properly from the soil? That's the question.

Transplant is highest in K.....it's also what we use to get the biota "hooked up." So.....I'd flush and chase with a Rescue Drench.

Leaf issue? Deficiency/toxicity? Light burn? Ive been feeding heavy from the get go. Sprayed destress this morning. One or 2 leaves on 3 of the plants . I rescue drenched last week when it began. And assumed the foliars would take care of it. Help.
58682F37-67C9-4D22-8AF3-92D1078A0D1C.jpeg
ACD42C5B-9038-4C93-AFC6-B07725D4AE96.jpeg
09BA1B36-3CA0-4829-8055-1E6A20588E32.jpeg
B
53499E10-2A51-40DC-AB95-E18EBD8BF23E.jpeg

The new growth looks good.....Stay the course.

Make sure to let it dry out between drenches/watering.

No need to repeat foliars....new growth looks good.

Are those pots insulated from the floor?

Back
Top Bottom