Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Oh and to check when you need replacement filters (which they claim is after 5,800 gallons!) you drop food colouring in the take and see if the colour comes through.

Yes, I love the one I have.
Our city water taste like chlorine, this cures that. My RO filter removes it too, but no taste to the water.
Plus there is no waste water with the berkley

I don't have a car, so I walk to a grocery store carrying empty bottles and buy more to be delivered.....then wait for delivery and still carry them up 3 flights on a spiral staircase! That is twice a week in bloom. I can wait the time for it to fill bottles at home no problem :rofl:

Your good then and I am sure you will be happy with it.

Holy cow! I'm glad I'm not saddled with some of the problems you guys describe. If I wanted to seriously increase the amount of available RO, I would just get a 55gal liquid chemical drum (readily available to me) and keep it full with a float valve. As it is, I have a stop cock and just draw water in my spare time. I also keep a bucket in my grow room so there aren't any cold water issues in the cooler months.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the science of it too. It's just not that complicated in the kit. I've used this RO filter for over 6 years and check it every month or so with my own water test kit (I test water daily in my job that uses/requires 20,000+ gal/day of perfect water). In the beginning I tested my water rigorously. Now I just check it periodically to make sure my membrane and/or filter doesn't need replacement.

I'm super-lazy...for those that don't remember. lmao

I use my tap water with no problems as of now. Just fill and let aerate for 24hrs. I’m just always looking for something to improve my grows and water is about the only thing I haven’t really covered yet. But I guess if it’s not broke don’t fix it.
You can always just have the water you use get tested to see if there is any contaminations in there. You can grab a kit at just about any hardware store.

I would be completely down with using my tap water if we weren't going through a lead issue. That won't be resolved until 2020 apparently, so I needed to do something if I wanted to get away from buying bottles.

TBH , smoking produce is bad enough for our lungs...the thought of smoking cannabis that has been fed tap water , city tap water scares the bejeesus outta me. You need to ask yourself...wats 100% safe...tap water, or RO/Distilled?
If i was to ever take a chance on tap, then i would filter the shit out of it with the bestest equipment ...but that's just me..im weird about that stuff. Using Distilled (pure H2O) lets me concentrate on other things. That being said if i could afford a 'kick ass' RO system, it's wat i would have, but that just ain't in the cards. Just my thoughts gang. :circle-of-love:

Holy cow! I'm glad I'm not saddled with some of the problems you guys describe. If I wanted to seriously increase the amount of available RO, I would just get a 55gal liquid chemical drum (readily available to me) and keep it full with a float valve. As it is, I have a stop cock and just draw water in my spare time. I also keep a bucket in my grow room so there aren't any cold water issues in the cooler months.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the science of it too. It's just not that complicated in the kit. I've used this RO filter for over 6 years and check it every month or so with my own water test kit (I test water daily in my job that uses/requires 20,000+ gal/day of perfect water). In the beginning I tested my water rigorously. Now I just check it periodically to make sure my membrane and/or filter doesn't need replacement.

I'm super-lazy...for those that don't remember. lmao

I do the exact same thing! Since i have no water source at the location of my garden, i have to carry water from the basement of my home. I do use 55 gal drum (blue plastic for water), it has a float valve and RO filter aswell. Every other day or so i carry couple 5 gals buckets filled with water to my room. Inside the room, i have another 55 gal drum that has 1/4 of the top cut off open for making the drenches. Once the water is ready, there's a small 1/2 hp water pump and hose i use to water the plants. :) Only downfall here is the water temp. the basement is always cold and the water always seem chilly. So i have to boil some of the RO water while doing the transport of fresh RO water to the room. Once the hot water is ready, i take it to the room and dump it into the mixing bin with cold water to bring up the temp from 40's 50's to 65-70.

Think i want to buy one of those portable water filter as discussed above for camping purposes. :) I cant trust most of the spring waters up north due to pollution from out of staters and company wastes. i am excited to purchase one of those filters. I'm glad there's a discussion about it which gave me a reminder to buy a few things before camping season starts!

IF any one here is on the fence about RO water system..... Just do it and you'll thank yourself later. I know this cuz i went through the same thing and having a RO system gives me a peace of mind.

Fingerz...great day to ya bud! :passitleft: An idea for u to consider. One or two larger Aquarium heaters. They come with built in Tstats and would /will work awesome so ya don't have to always be boiling some to get the temps up. wat u say...have u thought about this...:passitleft:

:passitleft: Good day Duggan, that's a great idea! Thank you for sharing, I have never thought about it maybe because i never had an aquarium lol I'm going to start browsing for those heaters and see if i come up with something reasonable to purchase. Thank you again! :) That's another investment i consider to be a time saver and i can spend more time else where. :thumb::high-five::thanks:

EDIT:

Oh yeah my room just started flowering and it wont be long before we start seeing some buds! Hopefully i wont be kicking myself in the a$$ for not upcanning for the second time. haha

Hey @captaincronik how did your AN vs DBHBB comparison ended?

hey all been a rough few weeks very busy.
got a couple of pics from my comparison grow

velvet
hi brix - top or left
AN. - bottom or right.
4C9A629B-C0A4-48A2-BB33-AD402DB68BFB.jpeg

both simillar on smell.. hi brix much nicer smoke quality. smoother by a mile.
i stopped feeding the AN plant a little early.(I thought it would finish sooner than it did) resulting in some dead and dry leaves around the flowers. since we feed with docs mix till the end that was no issue for the hi brix plant. could have fed a little stronger though.

and the super lemon haze also done in docs gear
C6257BDE-111B-4D25-938F-E50F5AC5D1D7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom