Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Pure water has a PH of 7. There shouldn't be a need to check PH unless/until you add something to it and there should be no need to check PH, at all, if using the kit with a good water source. ;)

Distilled water has a neutral pH....but the pH swings wildly with the addition of only a few H+ or OH- ions added, because by definition there are no buffers in H2O.

If you're using a large bucket of dirt, checking pH of the feed water is a useless practice, based on ignorance and the worst sort of tradition.

However, checking and adjusting the pH of the soil is super smart and effective! Due to the mineral content, High Brix soil is 6.4 pH. Period. You'd have to pour a quart of bleach or a half gallon of pool acid into a 7 gallon pot to change that number. The idea that the pH of a medium can be "raised" or lowered by adding a few drops of pH up or pH down to a nutrient solution is just silly.

I understand why people do it. I know where they got the ideas to do such things.....but anyone with a background in chemistry can understand why such practices are useless and often harmful.

@Doc Bud
Hey man, is there a way to see how you source and make your drenches, sprays etc? I'm paranoid and it makes me feel better to have some idea where things come from. You got me down a rabit hole of learning about microbes and I am really interested in using this.
Drenches and sprays are purchased in large quantities from a company that makes them....simple stuff mostly: Liquid Calcium, Fish hydrolysate, phosphates, humates, phosphoric acid, etc. They are made via a recipe designed by the lab. All ingredients are organic, pure and free of heavy metals.

The minerals are made from bulk ag products: Carbonized limestone, soft rock phosphate, etc. Again, they're made via a recipe designed by the lab, after lots of testing, etc.

Everything is literally from the earth and sea, with the exception of phosphoric acid, which is concentrated. While not considered "natural" it is indeed tested for heavy metals and tests clean. In the small amounts we use, the products still qualify as "organic" but I'm not willing to pay thousands of dollars per year, per product to be able to put that on the label.

It looks like I am subbed to most of the Brixers that have responded here over the last 10 pages or so. If anyone has a recommendation on some other Brixers to follow please let me know.

Some high brix Star Pupil x Weapon X trichomes basking in the Australian sun.

The garden is surprisingly amazing considering it nearly burned down twice in January and the environmental bio balance is totally out of whack from the drought and horrible fire season so there’s been a plague of white fly.

Doc’s products have shown their power in a big way to allow me to get the plants to any kind of health and to flower. I’ll drop some more pics of the whole plants soon - it’s raining today :)

Some high brix Star Pupil x Weapon X trichomes basking in the Australian sun.

The garden is surprisingly amazing considering it nearly burned down twice in January and the environmental bio balance is totally out of whack from the drought and horrible fire season so there’s been a plague of white fly.

Doc’s products have shown their power in a big way to allow me to get the plants to any kind of health and to flower. I’ll drop some more pics of the whole plants soon - it’s raining today :)
Those are some beautiful colors Amy ! Bet that’s gonna be top shelf ?

this season started late for us. Numerous factors meant i didnt plant until early December (equiv. of June for northern hemisphere growers) thinking 4 small to mid-sized plants. Then the apocalypse began and there was very little light due to smoke during most of December, followed by brutal conditions and 2 firestorms during January. We were evacuated for most of Jan while the house and garden sat on the edge of the fire zone - literally. Over 250000+ acres to the north, south and West of us burned and the garden came within 30metres of burning do the ground. Once or twice during January we were able to throw some water at them during a passing visit to the property. So they vegged shrouded in smoke, with temperatures fluctuating wildly to extremes and gale force winds on many occasions.

I’m sharing some pics of them from during January so you can see how i thought id’ be lucky to get to havest at all this year.

Once we were home more, just as they transitioned to flower, I tended them with a vigorous drench and foliar routine. The soil is in its second year with a custom amendment (after soil test by Doc). An amazing recovery all around. Love your work Doc! :D

:Namaste:

Morning gang I just want to take a moment and wish everyone and all good health and green gardens :passitleft:
heavy TP last night W/tea these ladies will be getting their round of cats this week at week 5
Heavy trich development on all plants Orange -N-Mango just happened to be up front while I was checking, resin rails forming in the fan leaves :ganjamon: it’s a cross of silver Nevil cut reversed x Cali O (16yr old cut)

cheers fellow brixers:bong:
78EDADED-5E98-486A-9283-B26C8DE36540.jpeg
8E6D1C51-9ADA-4025-96CC-01631879BEDF.jpeg

Morning gang I just want to take a moment and wish everyone and all good health and green gardens :passitleft:
heavy TP last night W/tea these ladies will be getting their round of cats this week at week 5
Heavy trich development on all plants Orange -N-Mango just happened to be up front while I was checking, resin rails forming in the fan leaves :ganjamon: it’s a cross of silver Nevil cut reversed x Cali O (16yr old cut)

cheers fellow brixers:bong:
78EDADED-5E98-486A-9283-B26C8DE36540.jpeg
8E6D1C51-9ADA-4025-96CC-01631879BEDF.jpeg
Very, very nice. Healthy and beautiful!!

Ok so its been awhile since ive been online ive been super sick thank christ its not coronavirus but shit was the worst flue ive ever had it went for almost 3 weeks an i cud barly move it was everything i cud do jus to get up an feed the girls each week lol. But yea i was wondering how much recharge should i use for two plants in flower now. I jus did a small handfull like this and waterd it in w/plain RO water w/tea

And these are the two plants i put the recharge on an waterd in.

Back
Top Bottom