Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

The Leaf Wash product I carry for outdoor grows is quite effective at stopping budworm.

I have that, as you know. I did one round a month ago,,.might be time for another?

I found one a month ago inside an auto I was growing, saw an odd yellow leaf in a cluster of green,, so I chucked the whole branch,.it was bedded in. Nasty.

Then, the other day I saw one on the outside of a bud. Thing was looking to bed in. These are my greenhouse plants. I've been looking each day a bit more, and a little closer tonight.

Temps the past two weeks have forced me to haul out twenty plants or so each morning and niight. I'm over it. Hopefully by next week when temps are seasonal I hope, i won't be bringing them out anymore, which should drastically reduce the chances I'll have any.

But, gotta stay vigilant.

Thanks Doc!!

What do you speaking about not having any bud worms
Go outside to check on the garden and find 5 of them little ones but enough to make a difference
Have one more week or so to go might just take it down now

Doc and others. I'm having an issue with one of my plants. My research is pointing to Nitrogen Toxicity (see pics below), but I want to be sure and fix what I'm doing wrong.

The strain is Green Crack/Cush. Day 40 of 12/12. It's had both Cat Drenches and yesterday received an Energy/Tea drench. I follow Doc's instructions and used 5ml of the drench and 3/4 to 1ml of Tea per plant. This morning they were sprayed lightly with Brix.

The plant as a whole looks good. The first pic from Sept 1 shows bud formation. Everything looks good. The next pic (taken today) shows the "claws". Leaves are not yellowing nor show any signs of nute burn, etc.

From what I'm reading NT can be fixed by either flushing real well and/or only watering with water until the leaves improve.

My question is, is there concurrence on the problem being NT and what did I do to have caused this? What in Doc's kit that's high in N and did I just overfeed these plants? Thanks.

IMG_025143.jpg

IMG_025643.jpg

Anyone care to look at these? They are a day apart, oldest was up above ground 8/29 and the youngest was up on 9/2. Watered two or three times, letting them dry out nicely. Just recently put a drop of Trans in the water otherwise plain water. 2 days ago sprayed with half strength De-Stress. They are showing very slow growth and most are turning a light green. Any advice is appreciated.

Doc's Kit
Under T5s about an inch away
Fan on low blowing over the tops of the cups
75-83 degrees
Humidity 55%-67%
The brown on the leaves is De-Stress. Sprayed right before lights out.

IMG_117630.JPG

Oldest 8/28
IMG_117823.JPG

8/29
IMG_117924.JPG

8/31
IMG_118027.JPG

9/2
IMG_118122.JPG

Thanks for any help in advance.

Hey Doc what do you think about coral added to soil for calcium? Fine or too alkaline?

Anyone care to look at these? They are a day apart, oldest was up above ground 8/29 and the youngest was up on 9/2. Watered two or three times, letting them dry out nicely. Just recently put a drop of Trans in the water otherwise plain water. 2 days ago sprayed with half strength De-Stress. They are showing very slow growth and most are turning a light green. Any advice is appreciated.

Doc's Kit
75-83 degrees
Humidity 55%-67%

IMG_117630.JPG

Oldest 8/28
IMG_117823.JPG

8/29
IMG_117924.JPG

8/31
IMG_118027.JPG

9/2
IMG_118122.JPG

Juan...good day brotha.... Your lil ones need some help.First thing...back off with that light...not so friggen close, OK . Get them in more soil...looks like only an inch or two in your cups. It's too hard to get a good read on them with only a bit of soil like that. I agree with Ziggs too about NO drenches for ...say a couple , three weeks at least. Don't rush them...it's good we can have a look at them now.
Something's not right , and i think it's your soil, or lack of it. Sounds like everything else you have done is fine. What kind of water are you using, distilled, RO, tap ...? Cheers.

Solo cups do have holes on the bottom, at least 4 holes each. Watering with distilled water straight out the jug. The Solo cups are about 1/2 to 2/3 full of soil. Will add more.

Doc and others. I'm having an issue with one of my plants. My research is pointing to Nitrogen Toxicity (see pics below), but I want to be sure and fix what I'm doing wrong.

The strain is Green Crack/Cush. Day 40 of 12/12. It's had both Cat Drenches and yesterday received an Energy/Tea drench. I follow Doc's instructions and used 5ml of the drench and 3/4 to 1ml of Tea per plant. This morning they were sprayed lightly with Brix.

The plant as a whole looks good. The first pic from Sept 1 shows bud formation. Everything looks good. The next pic (taken today) shows the "claws". Leaves are not yellowing nor show any signs of nute burn, etc.

From what I'm reading NT can be fixed by either flushing real well and/or only watering with water until the leaves improve.

My question is, is there concurrence on the problem being NT and what did I do to have caused this? What in Doc's kit that's high in N and did I just overfeed these plants? Thanks.

IMG_025143.jpg

IMG_025643.jpg

Water next time with just 1/4 strength transplant. These leaves will straighten out just fine. You're a little late on the Cat Drench. that might be part of the minor problem.

Doc's Kit
75-83 degrees
Humidity 55%-67%

IMG_117630.JPG

Oldest 8/28
IMG_117823.JPG

8/29
IMG_117924.JPG

8/31
IMG_118027.JPG

9/2
IMG_118122.JPG

1. containers are WAY TOO SMALL. The roots are probably 75-80 degrees under those lights! You need more soil. I use a gallon when germinating.

2. what everyone else said.

Solo cups do have holes on the bottom, at least 4 holes each. Watering with distilled water straight out the jug. The Solo cups are about 1/2 to 2/3 full of soil. Will add more.

Yep. You should fill those to the top next time. Even then, the roots get hot.

1 gallon bro.

From the directions:

Seeds:

Using a gallon sized container of newly cooked High Brix soil, make sure the soil is still slightly moist from the barrel. Not soaking wet....but moist.

Using a pencil, or chopstick or a non-functioning vape pen, make a divet in the soil about 1/4 inch deep. Add a small amount of ROOTS! in and around this hole, in which you deposit the seed and lightly cover with surrounding dirt. Gently water with 1/4 strength Transplant if needed to keep the soil moist, but not wet.

Back
Top Bottom