Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

It shouldn't be root bound. Its in a 3 gal air pot and the plant is pretty small, I think the plushberry actually started to flower and going back to 18/6 seems to have stunted it. I will get some pics tonight when they wake up. Like I said 98% of the plant looks perfect its just the bottom most leaves will brown up starting at the tips and just die off, once I remove that set it goes to the next and all 3 plushberrys I have tried have done this. I got the landrace strains because I wasn't having much luck keeping the plushberrys happy the first time around but had a couple beans left so I figured I would give them another try.

If they're in 3 gallon pots and were bloomed for 2 weeks, I'm going with rootbound.

If they're in 3 gallon pots and were bloomed for 2 weeks, I'm going with rootbound.

I was going to repot them this week anyway so I will report back once I do.

Thanks Doc!

It shouldn't be root bound. Its in a 3 gal air pot and the plant is pretty small, I think the plushberry actually started to flower and going back to 18/6 seems to have stunted it. I will get some pics tonight when they wake up. Like I said 98% of the plant looks perfect its just the bottom most leaves will brown up starting at the tips and just die off, once I remove that set it goes to the next and all 3 plushberrys I have tried have done this. I got the landrace strains because I wasn't having much luck keeping the plushberrys happy the first time around but had a couple beans left so I figured I would give them another try.
Instead of flipping to sex then going back you could have just kept checking on them and once they showed, got rid of the males. When you flipped they wanted to take off so im going with rootbound as well. And if you read about hb, youd have read the part where we're concentrating on the roots in the beginning, not so much whats above dirt. Just sayin

That's weird! I don't think it's lite bleaching. It could have something to do with them drying out and getting hot....remember our plants cannot feed themselves without the microherd.

Give them a good soaking, preferrably by letting them soak in a bucket. 15ml Tea and use 1oz Transplant per gallon of water.

thanks DOC ill give it a go then. I appreciate it:Namaste::high-five:

So I replanted last night. They weren't root bound per say but they were getting close, aprox 3/4 maybe a little more of the pots were taken up by the root ball. The root structure is really nice in these air pots, the whole ball seamed consistently packed with roots. Here are the pics I promised, I had just taken the mostly dead set off the night before but you can see it just starting on the bottom set in the pictures. It's probably nothing to worry about it but it was pretty bad on the first set of plushberrys so when I saw it starting to happen again I got concerned.

Plushberry
IMAG058012.jpg
IMAG058111.jpg

Amazonia for comparison
IMAG058312.jpg
IMAG058412.jpg

So I replanted last night. They weren't root bound per say but they were getting close, aprox 3/4 maybe a little more of the pots were taken up by the root ball. The root structure is really nice in these air pots, the whole ball seamed consistently packed with roots. Here are the pics I promised, I had just taken the mostly dead set off the night before but you can see it just starting on the bottom set in the pictures. It's probably nothing to worry about it but it was pretty bad on the first set of plushberrys so when I saw it starting to happen again I got concerned.

Plushberry
IMAG058012.jpg
IMAG058111.jpg

Amazonia for comparison
IMAG058312.jpg
IMAG058412.jpg

You're doing great, those are healthy plants.

Remember, in air-pots, the roots turn inward. If the outside is 3/4 covered, the inside is more covered. Your plants will be very happy in larger pots.

Hey Doc...thanks for your kind words earlier in G.T's. thread about electrical stuff. Feels good to give back to the gang. You have all been so instrumental in my recent success.I am so very gratefull for all the info I have gotten from you and the rest of "the gang" B.T.W. my MK Ultra's are going absolutely nuts this time round.They are 3 weeks from chop and havn't got ONE bad leaf or any burnt tips at all...Stoked big time! I plan on posting a few pics in a couple weeks so you can see what a difference all the little changes have made, if that's cool? I'l prolly start a journal one of these days. Cheers pal!:yahoo:

Hey Doc...thanks for your kind words earlier in G.T's. thread about electrical stuff. Feels good to give back to the gang. You have all been so instrumental in my recent success.I am so very gratefull for all the info I have gotten from you and the rest of "the gang" B.T.W. my MK Ultra's are going absolutely nuts this time round.They are 3 weeks from chop and havn't got ONE bad leaf or any burnt tips at all...Stoked big time! I plan on posting a few pics in a couple weeks so you can see what a difference all the little changes have made, if that's cool? I'l prolly start a journal one of these days. Cheers pal!:yahoo:

Pictures are always fun. Please let us see what you've got going on in your garden!

Instead of flipping to sex then going back you could have just kept checking on them and once they showed, got rid of the males. When you flipped they wanted to take off so im going with rootbound as well. And if you read about hb, youd have read the part where we're concentrating on the roots in the beginning, not so much whats above dirt. Just sayin

I agree and I wish I would of just done this. I was worried about them being so small and worried about getting clones since I don't have any beans of either strain left. They matured a lot faster then I thought they would and I didn't know what to do lol. They have taken off since I flipped them four days ago and they have a monster root ball compared to the size of the plants so they should be good to go. You have some magic in this kit doc. The plushberry is starting to show Trics already only four days since flip... :morenutes::goodjob::bravo:

Hi to all the High Brix massive.

Been following for a while now and just signed up to 420 today. All you guys are doing amazing things :bravo:

Doc,
Would you be able to get in touch with me via PM regarding some HB please. Can't to you cause I don't have enough posts yet. Thanks a bunch'

Hi to all the High Brix massive.

Been following for a while now and just signed up to 420 today. All you guys are doing amazing things :bravo:

Doc,
Would you be able to get in touch with me via PM regarding some HB please. Can't to you cause I don't have enough posts yet. Thanks a bunch'

Welcome to the site and to the HIGH BRIX GANG :)

no doubt you will fall even more in love with it once you start using it :)

Thanks Guys. After looking around at the products and services available here in NZ it looks like I'm going to have to start it all from scratch, following the lead of some earlier threads. I'll have to try to live up to Doc Buds efforts best I cant. At least all this awesome info has set me up with the principles to get started. Emailed the NZ High brix company and soil test lab today. Hope to get a positive reply. Wish me luck.

Back
Top Bottom