Duggan Does Lemon OG Haze, Super Lemon Haze & Lemon Zkittles

Good day Doogs and gang. The Girls are looking gorgeous as usual bud :high-five:

Sorry to hear about the truck eh. It might not help now but for what it is worth...

Buying OEM pads and rotors is all u will ever need. To buy the more expensive performance products usually are a waste. Here’s why. The stock pads and rotors can last and should last 100,000 to even over 160,000km. This will only happen when the brakes are serviced properly and on the regular. It’s the same as wheel balancing and tire rotating. These are the most common things people don’t do and it does end up costing a lot more money.

So for brakes. Buy the generic OEM replacements. And use a trusted Mechanic. If you can’t do the work yourself. Make sure to service caliper sliders and check pads for even wear every 10-15,000km. That maybe once a year or once every 2-3 months depending on how much you drive. This takes a honest tire shop 5-10mins to preform and is crucial to the brake pads and rotor lasting a long time.

For tires it’s the same deal but you need to rotate them so they wear evenly and balance them if needed. Shops typically charge $30-40 for this service and it should take 15-20mins. Do this once a year other than when u switch from winter to summers if you. If u use all season. Get them rotated and balanced 2 time a year if ur driving 20-30,000km a year. This ensures life out of your treads. I’ve had tires last 35,000km and then next set 75,000km. That’s on a sports car that is driven with spirit and hard cornering. U can’t get much more then 75k out of a ultra high performance summer tire

Once the brake pad wears unevenly and is left like this. The pad will hit the metal backing and begin to damage the rotors.
Typically for the wife and my car I won’t pay more then $50 for a set of pads. This set covers the front axles. So $100 for all around. Then Approx $60-80 for each rotor. So $240-320. A fair price is $350 to $450 for the parts no labour.

I know a guy in Orangeville that gets parts at cost from his company. They supply Chains like Napa and Canadian Tire. Massive company. He does all my cars work. If your willing to make the 45min drive each way. I can get him to order the parts for ur Taco and he will do the work For much cheaper. His work is good to. Won’t find better for a guy wrenching on his back all winter long on his own driveway in a subdivision. It’s his side buisness. He did my wife’s car 4 new winter tires and installation / balancing for $420 last year. Not bad at all. I got a quote from a big name store in Milton for $585 so saved quite a bit. Same tire.

Sorry for the rant just sucks to see good people getting hit with such bills. Cars are big time $$$ pits.

Don’t be shy to msg me if u need the repairs done through my guy brotha Doogs.

Gotta get back to work. Hope everyone has a nice day. Suns out too allll rightttt:cool:

Ya....i cant believe im spending this much......but...but , i called a competitor and they were actually 200 dollars more than Speedy........sakes.
Ken...too late for your buddy...truck is prolly done now....i pick it up after work today at 4.
Thanks so much for your offer....things just never seem to go in my favor when it comes to vehicle repairs.
Total bill is 1156.00.
Thats for two front calipers and pads.
Two rear sets of shoes and rear 'hardware kit.
Thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Pfft!
Im so mad i could friggen scream.....how can i get ahead.......(@#$%^%##)
Thats a lot of swearing and freaking out!

Dang Doogs. Sorry I wasn’t fast enough to the punch. that is a steep bill to swallow. No worries eh always next time. I hear ya too I take care of 3 personal vehicles at my house and it’s always a pain. I take care of my car very well but my wife can’t be bothered to do a oil change anything so it can get to be a lot for one person. Last year I had to fork out $1800 on tires and brake parts aswell.

Once the calipers are wrecked they will cost a lot more then pad and even rotors.

Please make a maintence schedule for the Taco starting 2020. Make sure to get the pads and calipers checked every 15,000km or 2 oil changes. It’s will help. Hopefully this is the last time you replace brake components until the truck has gone another 150,000+Kms. If anything just pads before then.

Shit happens and it is over now so smoke a fatty and let it go up and away with the smoke:smokin:

Cheers my friend :passitleft:

..sorry to hear Duggs...:(...ouch!...I bought front pads and rotors for my Taco off the Zon last year and saved a lil dough...your news reminds me my rears are prolly due...and just a FYI...AC compressors are suspect in these as well...2 dead on my low mileage 09...vehicles, kinda' like women...can't live with them...can't live without them...:rolleyes:;)...feel better soon...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

can't get ahead...i can't win...i try my damndest but i can't do it...
I hear ya there! No matter how much I try! Seems like there is no happy medium. When it rains it pours!!

good morning to you duggs, salty, ween, seedling, (I know I’m missing others) good morningto you all!

been super busy working longhours at the new amazon building in Alberta.

just dropping in to say hey! :ciao:

I’m sorry about your truck duggs!

my wife is a parts technician so I guess I’m lucky being able to find cheaper parts. Wish I could help you out man!

have a good day everyone

I hope you are feeling better today. Car trouble Sucks I am still dealing with it. When I start to feel overwhelmed I just smoke a little take a few gel caps and eat a brownie. It helps stress melt away. That and time are the best cures. Hope you are doing better.
:high-five:

Thanks PC...i was mad , more than anything at the cost of things. And the (seems to me)lack of quality oem parts.
These calipers were only 7 yrs. old....pfft!
The garage guy said these days that's old for calipers.....omg!!!
They recomended getring the brakes 'serviced' at least once per yr. which i have NEVER done or heard of so......guess i will be doing that.. ...more money for that ,at 110 dollars per axle...pfft!
Anyhow the brakes are done now so......just have to wait for the next big expense...... :(
Cheers and enjoy your day.

Thanks PC...i was mad , more than anything at the cost of things. And the (seems to me)lack of quality oem parts.
These calipers were only 7 yrs. old....pfft!
The garage guy said these days that's old for calipers.....omg!!!
They recomended getring the brakes 'serviced' at least once per yr. which i have NEVER done or heard of so......guess i will be doing that.. ...more money for that ,at 110 dollars per axle...pfft!
Anyhow the brakes are done now so......just have to wait for the next big expense...... :(
Cheers and enjoy your day.
Your next big expense with be a 2lb. Lobster dinner in Jamaica!

Back
Top Bottom