Emmie's 6 Plant, True Living Organic, LED Grow Journal

I’ve never done it the way I see in here , only thing I’ve done was watch the ph not knowing how it worked or the tds for nutrients company at 100% . Dialed in from all y’all at 420 magazine.
Thank you for your input and especially your knowledge.
Makes me happy that I can give back. You are very welcome.

Tonight while meditating in my tent I happened upon a realization.
Two inches makes a lot of difference in an LED tent.
Before starting the LST training I had carefully adjusted the LED array to 12" above the tops of the leaves, and on 4 of the plants, those leaves are still pointing up toward the light and in pretty much the same vertical position they were in 5 days ago. Two of the plants however, Wappa and IceBreaker have become a little shorter after the LST, their dominant leaves being pulled down away from the light. It dawned on me tonight that they were now 2" shorter than the rest of the tribe in relation to the light whether it was their actual height or because they were sitting lower in the container.
What made me notice this was that Wappa and IceBreaker had seemed to slow down a bit... Wappa especially, now working on her 5th day between waterings and I think she could go for 6. The other plants are growing like crazy, and threatening to use all of their water in 4 days.
Hmmm.
Inverse square law... that 2" really makes a big difference in the PAR hitting these plants. Luckily those wide screw on lid plastic containers that you get from the dispensaries are exactly 2" tall. I have propped the two problem children up on these containers and now the canopy is again at an even 12". I need to be more careful about this... inches count.
DSCF6726.JPG

I expect to see a growth spurt in both of the flying plants overnight.

Following this now just because Santa there looks like he's taking notes. I have to know what he's doing.
I love these little solar moving thingys you can get at the Dollar Store... Part of my goal to not waste photons. I have one for every season that gets placed in the grow tent.

Looks amazing. I hade a big smile when I read about you meditating in your room. I also do that. There’s nothing more peaceful then being in a beautiful room full of fresh oxygen. With happy plant. It just makes the brain pop with ideas and Realizations

I am pleased to report that the plants being closer to the light definitely produced dramatic growing in the last 24 hours, and now all the plants are staked out and being properly trained. This further lowered the canopy, so the light was adjusted again.

Most of the plants are on what looks like a 2-3 day wet/dry cycle now and they are accelerating. I suspect that I will be uppotting to their final containers in about a week, right on schedule. I am not going for huge production this time, I want a quick run so as to add some some fresh pot into my coffers, which have gotten quite low all of a sudden and to give me a quick test of these new lights.

The plan right now is to let them veg out for a few more days and then do some glamour shots of each of the girls to show how the training is progressing and I will let you know if anything of note happens in the meantime.

I hope that all of your gardens are looking happy and healthy and that you have wonderful plans for the upcoming holidays!
---Emmers

I thought that today would be one of those sit on the hands days and there would be nothing to report from the tent.
I was wrong.
All the plants have suddenly decided that they are all on a 2 or so day schedule. Not only that, but they have all managed to get pretty much in sync and I was able to water the entire room today, using more water on each plant than ever before. I gave them a special treat this time with that water, 1tbls Liquid Fish and the normal 1tbls of calmag.
I also remembered to snag a filter full of used coffee grounds from work today and I added about a tbls around each of the 6 stems before watering. The reports on coffee grounds are exciting and I expect to see added benefits all throughout the grow from this one application.
That's really it for today, other than adjusting some of the LST hoops. Glamour shots coming over the weekend!

What does coffee grounds bring to the table?
Grounds will give us nitrogen, a bit of phosphorus and some potassium. Analysis of coffee grounds shows that they also contain many trace minerals. It takes a little while to break all of this down, perfect for an organic garden and enough of the nitrogen is going to be readily available now so it can benefit the veg stage.

Back
Top Bottom