Emmie's Organic Garden Using Advanced Lighting Techniques

Hi Emilya

Just checking into your grow and playing catch up. Love how clean and nice things are. The benefits of a clean grow room can never be over-appreciated.
Your 12-1 lighting technique is called Gas Lamp R.... (something starting with R... I forget). I use it sometimes. It allows me to the lights off during most of the hottest part of the day.
Love the mesh pot covers.

Hi Tead! You were very close... it is called the Gas Lantern Routine. The method has never caught on with the majority of the growing community, I think because of fears of Hermaphroditism, but I find this to be worry about something that can't happen... plants don't hermi in veg. The less is more approach of the Gas Lantern Routine provides the growing plant with adequate darkness to promote health, and by inserting a full hour of light in the center of the dark period, the plants are tricked, and neither flower nor express hermaphrodites. The growing plants get more than the average amount of rest, thus reducing stress, and improving plant yield, overall performance, and medicinal quality.

Also, thank you very much regarding the cleanliness of my rooms. I take a lot of pride in that, and I am very pleased that you have noticed. The mesh covers... dryer sheets... to frustrate the little flying things that like to burrow. Between them and the mosquito dunk mashed up in my soil, bugs find it very hard to gain a foothold in my tents and die if they try.

Sometimes all it takes is being a little crazy to see things in new ways. Many would say that I fit that bill. :)
Ok I confess, I almost spit my coffee onto my screen with that comment. A little ended up on the keyboard. :rofl:
can not wait to read ahead and see if there is more coming, though I am holding off on the coffee until I finish with your update.

OK I scanned ahead and finished catching up, glad I held off on the coffee.

As always I enjoy looking at your solutions to problems and learn something new with every visit.
OG

Ok I confess, I almost spit my coffee onto my screen with that comment. A little ended up on the keyboard. :rofl:
can not wait to read ahead and see if there is more coming, though I am holding off on the coffee until I finish with your update.

OK I scanned ahead and finished catching up, glad I held off on the coffee.

As always I enjoy looking at your solutions to problems and learn something new with every visit.
OG

my apologies to your screen and keyboard... but thank you for the laugh. I am so glad that you are with me on this journey!
Sense

(veg, 7 weeks, 1 week from bloom)

Here we are at another Monday and it is time for an official update. First, it is Veteran's Day week this week and I want to say thank you to all of our veterans for their service. Your sacrifices are honored and appreciated at my house.

Last night was the first full 3 hours of 1260 watts of multi source, multi spectrum Noontime light, and I woke to find all of the plants in full transpiration and growing like weeds. Today and tomorrow we will be cleaning up the undergrowth and taking clones. The boys in the love tent are starting to throw pollen around, and after yesterday's watering should be getting with the program full time. I expect to be done with them and have pollen gathered by the end of this week. The third tent has been cleaned up again and is ready for the clones and the next 2 months training them to follow their mothers to the bloom tent. It is going to start getting busy here for the next month or two as all of this gets going, and frankly, I am glad you are here with me to help keep me organized.

Today we are just going to show the girls off and show how well they have bushed out after all the pinching the last several weeks. I am very pleased with how they have turned out, and if all goes well, we should get a nice little harvest out of these 4 plants. Here they are, in all their splendor, anxious to get on with things.

Tangerine Dream
td19.JPG

Green Crack
gc20.JPG

AK-47 pheno #1
ak226.JPG

AK-47 pheno #2
ak130.JPG

Be well everyone,
Sense Emilya

So nice!
I love the nice even coloration tho maybe a bit lighter that I like to see in my grow with my strain.

Thanks Tead, and I am also watching that. I think what we are seeing is a little less nitrogen than I am used to at this point, probably related to pH. They say that with these organic mixes that you do not have to adjust pH... the soil will do it for you, so I have been experimenting with that a bit, and my 5gal bucket being aerated in the grow room was not adjusted on purpose to test this theory. The pH of my tap water runs about 7.14 and the next watering will be carefully adjusted to 6.5 again as the last part of this experiment. I expect to see the deep green color to return right before flower as a result. You can't learn without experimenting, and you can't be accepted into the crazy club without doing crazy things. As you may have guessed already, I live on the edge... and enjoy the unpredictability of testing out new ideas. Someone told me once,
Trust nothing, verify what you can. --Weez'ard.

On your first post you said:
The supersoil is the exact recipe published in multiple places on the web from SubCool; please Google it if you are interested in its components. If there is interest, I have a wish list created on Amazon.com that shows all of the readily available parts of the mixture.

I would like to see the Amazon wish list that you have created. Do you copy and paste it or do you need an email address to send it to?
Thanks for the offer.

The supersoil is the exact recipe published in multiple places on the web from SubCool; please Google it if you are interested in its components. If there is interest, I have a wish list created on Amazon.com that shows all of the readily available parts of the mixture.

I would like to see the Amazon wish list that you have created. Do you copy and paste it or do you need an email address to send it to?
Thanks for the offer.

+1

Thanks for the offer.

you got it! I think I can do this without getting in trouble:

Subcool's super soil was originally described so as to make a truckload of it at a time.... In my gardens I don't need or want nearly that much, so the recipes have been cut down:

1/4 Recipe
2 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
6.25 to 12.5 lbs of organic worm castings
1.25lbs or 20 ounces steamed bone meal
1.25lbs or 20 ounces bloom bat guano
1.25lbs or 20 ounces blood meal
3/4 lbs rock phosphate
3/16 cup or 3 tablespoons Epsom Salts
1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons sweet lime (dolomite)
1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons azomite (trace elements)
1.5 teaspoons powdered humic acid

1/8 Recipe

1 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
3.125 to 6.25 lbs of organic worm castings
.625 lbs or 5/8 lbs or 10 ounces steamed bone meal
.625 lbs or 5/8 lbs or 10 ounces bloom bat guano
.625 lbs or 5/8 lbs or 10 ounces blood meal
3/8 lbs or 6 ounces rock phosphate
3/32 cup or 1.5 tablespoons Epsom Salts
1/16 cup or 1 tablespoon sweet lime (dolomite)
1/16 cup or 1 tablespoon azomite (trace elements)
3/4 teaspoon powdered humic acid

The only changes that I have made are that for a base soil I used commercial Miracle Grow Organic Choice Potting mix, combined 3:1 with high grade compost purchased from the Kansas City Composting Center. This resulting base soil is combined with the above components to make super soil, which is layered in the bottom of every container as I successively up-pot resulting in multiple pockets of super soil all throughout the final flowering container.

Good morning :clap:

Im curious.
Ive read that you can flower 24on/12. Any hours you want.. Its only matters that she has a minimum of 12sleep uninterrupted, consistent.
Shall be experimenting with this sometime in my future.
Have you played around with this idea?

Thanks for the Wish List Em!
Surprise - I already have all of it! :cheesygrinsmiley:
+ Reps to ya.

Questions:
1) What is the volume of "a large bag of potting soil".
2) About how much soil does the 1/4 recipe make (in gallons or cu-ft)?
TY!

By the way... that wish list makes enough with one item each for 1/4 recipe, with plenty left over of many of the items available for many runs in the future. There are 3 items that are used in enough quantities that I will have to rebuy them every other time I build some soil, but also keep in mind that this soil will be reused... all rootballs will be broken up and put back into the strongly composting supersoil bucket that is constantly cooking here as well as all the leftover trimming and plant bulk that normally would have been thrown away. Once you have twice the amount of soil that you might use in any one run, you won't have to buy any more components, just have one batch cooking and composting while the other one works. I will add more bat guano and worm castings and some mitocondria as the reused next batch cooks, but other than that, the cost of using this soil will continue to go down over time, and the quality of the organic soil will continue to increase.

The wish list appears to be against the rules here and I was informed that it had been removed, since it referred to the Amazon commercial site. Sorry about that everyone... didn't mean to break the rules.

Basically the list of components is here, and I found that I was able to find all that I needed online, for about $120 for everything needed for a 1/4 batch... soil, compost and all the other components.

The wish list appears to be against the rules here and I was informed that it had been removed, since it referred to the Amazon commercial site. Sorry about that everyone... didn't mean to break the rules.

Basically the list of components is here, and I found that I was able to find all that I needed online, for about $120 for everything needed for a 1/4 batch... soil, compost and all the other components.

<snerk> I got my hand slapped this week too. :high-five: I posted a link to a strain database with too many ads connected to it. Still the most complete database I've seen.

...I was afraid of that. I think we've all been slapped once or twice.
In general, :420: does not care for external links.

Back
Top Bottom