First Grow of Many

Yes the hydro did some crazy stuff but I have seen the exact reverse of that from one of there vids I believe Ill look it up asap

I've had great results from indoor plants in actual soil, but the yield is always noticeably lower when compared to hydro, quality(potency) is usually about the same though, soil just needs a bit extra time to mature and give you the potency. But you need less cure time to get the best smell and taste from a plant grown in soil from my experience. Also you need to remember coco and promix grows are actually more like hydro than soil. Unless they just use it to mix with real soil for better water/air retention. If you just prefer sticking to pots and hand watering rather than a hydro system you should try Canna's coco line of mediums and nutes, i found it's the best way to grow in pots. Plants get massive and thick, my buddy recently cropped a coco grown grape-god clone and his main cola was 38 grams once dried&cured and it was the size of his forearm. The entire plant yielded approx. 5 ounces of dried&cured bud, wish i had kept the pics, it was truly a awesome sight. Especially when you consider it was only a 3.5 foot plant.

Woah! that's crazy weight for a 3.5 plant I actually have some news for you guys I am starting 2 more cannabis seeds as well as... Pepper seeds :) I absolutely love peppers I got habs 2 different types or jalapenos some cayenne I believe and a couple more different kinds they will all most likely be started tomorrow. Also in other news found a 4 foot 2 bulb t8 system for 10 bucks at Wal-Mart! Now I know it isn't as good as a t5 but it will have to do.

O and the basics on dwc lol I couldn't really find one that described what it was and how I do what I need to do

dwc is fairly simple to do, Lets say your using one of those single plant units that was in my last message. After you either have a fully rooted clone, of have started a seed in a rockwool cube and it now has enough roots to be able to survive in the unit, you first mix some water with your chosen brand of hydro nutes and ph the solution to 5.6-6.0 using ph up or ph down. you then fill the unit, place the plant into the part of the system that holds the medium used to give the plant and root zone support(usually its clay pellets that are used, but you can use loose rockwool or rockwool bricks cut to size.)

once you have the plant in the system you just monitor the water level, when it gets low you can either mix some more nutes and PH it to the current PH in the system and refill it, or you can drain the system of excess old water and then refill it. I use a single plant Waterfarm unit from general hydroponics that i converted into a dwc unit to keep my mother plant in. The only maintenance you really do between feedings is watch the PH&PPM level and adjust it if need be.

There is more to it than that, but that is the basics. If you decide to try using any type of hydro unit feel free to message me directly for detailed step by step instructions on how to use it, what extras you will need and proper long term maintenance of a hydroponic system. The learning curve is not steep, and once you get the hang of hydro it's very easy to get excellent results. But i always need to caution that hydro has more variables and can be less forgiving than soil, but its also easier to fix issues quickly in a hydro system than soil or soiless based grows since basically flushing your system and refilling it with fresh nutes tends to fix most fertilizer related issues.

Heres a pic of my grape god mother plant in my DWC unit that will be chopped up for more clones to refill my system when my current grape gods in flower are harvested.
IMG_088614.JPG

Thanks ec mate I will be dropping in on everyones journal after work to day I get a very short day today thank god working 8-10 hours a day it is hard to find a balance between what I need to do around the house and hop on here but I think I found a good balance but anyway I want to try a hydro setup really bad just have to figure out the basics and how much it will cost me to do it.

:yahoo:

And now the moment you have all been waiting for dun dun dun duuun I got my new phone so its a picture day! Also I have an Ak48 and a Sour diesel haze germing as I type this got it done last night.
20140401_080924.jpg
20140401_080914.jpg
20140401_080910.jpg
20140401_080850.jpg
20140401_080845.jpg
20140401_080840.jpg
20140401_080836.jpg
20140401_080832.jpg
20140401_080828.jpg
20140401_080824.jpg
20140401_080821.jpg
14_-_2.jpg

Looking great Flex!

Bloom away ladies! :surf:

Right on! w00t w00t! So glad for ya. :thumb:

Ugh guys my little ones in the cups are nowhere to be found I think when I watered them they sunk down somewhere in the cup and so I searched for them earlier and then found nun but anyway idc gone see how it plays out

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom