Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

I have a cloner question. What on/off times for the pump do you use? And what timer do you have if you don't run it 24/7? I want to build a bucket cloner with a pump and garden spray head, but I'm stuck at the on/off issue.
I have a DWC cloner that I run the pump and air stone 24/7
I always run mine 24/7

I run mine 24/7 shed. It keeps everything moist with the spray heads. Less hassle to just leave it on. Hell, I only check ph once a week when I fill it up... I’m lazy like that!

Made some oilive oil capsules yesterday. I made a very strong batch...unintentionally, but strong nonetheless. I took three capsules and OD’d for a few hours. I watched TV and vibrated for awhile, giggling like a school girl. It was a site to behold. I need to get my dosing accurate... That could’ve sent some light-weight to the hospital. I just rode it out and enjoyed. :ganjamon:

I have a DWC cloner that I run the pump and air stone 24/7
DWC you would have to run the airstone 24/7 or the water would get yucky, no?
I always run mine 24/7
I run mine 24/7 shed. It keeps everything moist with the spray heads. Less hassle to just leave it on. Hell, I only check ph once a week when I fill it up... I’m lazy like that!
Thanks! I thought maybe running the pump 24/7 might heat up the water too much so I was thinking of doing intervals to allow it to cool down. Definitely less hassle to run all the time (no timer needed!) but I'm worried about the heat in an uncontrolled environment.

After I posted the question last night I found a $13 digital interval timer that can do any on/off sequence you want. Might be worth it in case the water starts getting up in temps.

so all you need to do is put like 7 feet of air hose on the manifold and it will be ambient when it hits the air stone. I did this with a 3800gph air pump and it worked. back down to the 875gph and its cold air all buckets

you are going to want to raise your air pump if you are doing intervals (i do not recommend just do 24/7) so water doesnt siphon back into your air pump through the stones...
as long as your flow rate is high enough your chiller will take care of any heat.

Why not dewey and airstone. They you only need and ecoair2 . One hose to the dewey and one to the airstone. In a 5 gallon bucket. Boom.

LOL! Everything I say gets misinterpreted :rolleyes:. I think I write for clarity so I'm blaming the audience ;).
Aeroponic cloning bucket
Submersible pump with garden spray nozzle
2" net pots with neoprene inserts
Cuttings with Clonex gel
Plain water and H2O2 in the bucket
Possible timer
CFLs above

Sorry for the hijack Grandpa!

Shed ... back in the day 1 min on and 4 off was the deal for aeroponics. I would think that would work for a cloner too. But that is just my opinion.

Shed ... back in the day 1 min on and 4 off was the deal for aeroponics. I would think that would work for a cloner too. But that is just my opinion.
Thanks Bonsai! I've been doing a lot of reading and the range of opinions is (as usual) all over the place :). Not a lot of consensus, just like ideas about how to clone generally.

I think I'll go with 24/7 for the first day as a transition and then go to a 1min/4min something similar so as not to heat the water too much. I may run this in the bike shed (no plants in there at the mo) and it can get warm in there during the day.

Thanks Bonsai! I've been doing a lot of reading and the range of opinions is (as usual) all over the place :). Not a lot of consensus, just like ideas about how to clone generally.

I think I'll go with 24/7 for the first day as a transition and then go to a 1min/4min something similar so as not to heat the water too much. I may run this in the bike shed (no plants in there at the mo) and it can get warm in there during the day.
I’ll be interested to see how it works.

I actually grew in aeroponics (20 years ago), but it was a disaster. (Light was getting to nutrient solution). I grew some ultimate slime while my plants were stretching from not enough light. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom